Ice Mining

It still doesn’t explain why some systems are no longer getting ice belts. There is a problem here.

@CCP_Aurora Check-in Wicked Creek, our belt has not spawned once since the update. Not ONCE in our alliances pocket. from 100% chance to what chance? its been over a week now with not a single ice belt, and we check every 6 hours or more. Its utter ■■■■■■■■ and crippling our fuel economy, like this is not acceptable.

How do you explain that?

1 Like

@CCP_Aurora

I have submitted a bug report 6 days ago in regards to our Null constellation being totally devoid of all asteroid belts and its single Ice belt since patch day.

Systems 6 jumps and above away seem to be working normally, however our 6 system constellation is devoid of everything to mine except Anomalies since patch day 11 days ago.

More of a FYI of information for you to have when looking into issues. I have not recieved any action on the bug report as yet but understand things take time.
Thanks

1 Like

Thank you kindly for your post and some clarification. I have to push back a little. I’ve been tracking the ice in 2 regions that I operate in and we’ve not seen what your are saying. I posted over on reddit to gain more feedback. – https://www.reddit.com/r/Eve/comments/jfbhkg/state_of_the_ice_a_brave_new_world/

From my charting . We’ve confirmed that belts do not delay spawn. So if a system has ice at downtime those belts respawn throughout the day like usual.

We’ve also had a few systems not spawn ice since the change. so RNG could be 100% against us but as of today we’ve still had systems with no ice spawns that previously had ice.

We’ve also not witnessed a belt move / change location during the day.

is it possible the changes implemented are not actually working as intended? While our data is only observation it goes against some of what you are trying to explain and we would love some further dialog and discussion about the new ice mechanism.

3 Likes

If CCP changed the chance of a spawn to be less than 100% (50%?), and IF the chance of a spawn is random (not just how long it is before the next spawn), it theoretically could result in some systems never having a spawn for the rest of the life of the game.
Your chart makes it look like that is the case, that the less than 100% chance is that the belt will spawn at all, and not necessarily when

1 Like

Two local ice belts in different systems out in GW haven’t spawned any ice at all since the change. Meanwhile most other nearby ice systems seem to have spawned ice at least a handful of times.

While I guess I sort of understand CCP’s idea here, the end result of these changes have been that our industrialists have less to do and simply don’t login. No ice, empty belts (filled with worthless ore mostly anyway.) We can’t lose rorquals and barges in belts that don’t exist.

It would also be nice if CCP could unbork this so we could get at least some ice before all our structures go abandoned. Seeing this problem unfold in other regions lends credence to the idea that there is a bug/problem not being addressed. Even if it IS “working as intended,” no ice for potentially weeks at a time is nonsensical.

As a sidenote, effectively removing our supply of ice from the game probably needs more than a sentence fragment in the patch notes. This change affects our group out here vastly more than nerfing ore that already wasn’t really worth mining. @CCP_Aurora

1 Like

Hmm, I may have misunderstood in my discussion with the team. It’s sounding more like the chance for a system to have ice at all for that day has been reduced, and not the respawn chance.

I will pass along the feedback here and try and get clarification once we’re back to work next week.

5 Likes

There has been 0 ice in my system I’m on 40hr a week ice stopped spawning. From server restart till I log off. Wtf

1 Like

We have also had 0 ice spawn in a system we setup for ice mining over a year ago. this has forced some of us to leave the area for isk. Can we please get some form of response about if this is meant to be or a bug that will get fix. I think war should kill us, Not CCP. The Unknown is harder to fix

2 Likes

System previously had one ice anom. No ice at all since patch. Our experience is not delayed respawn; we get no ice spawning at all since patch.

2 Likes

We have also had 0 respawns after the patch

2 Likes

Please do, as these ice changes are crippling to small alliances fuel economy.

Edit: When I say crippling, I mean your going to lose subs if this continues for more than a month

1 Like

You killed HS Moon mining, there has be no respawning of Ice in my system since the update and it looks like you have increased the NPC miners so the empty the belts before anyone can get to them. At this rate it is not worth re plexing my account, is this going to be fixed or are you deliberately killing off us miners.

3 Likes

Nonsense! They are not killing off only miners. From their efforts during the past two years i can safely conclude their goal was reducing the player base overall.

But yeah, ice mining in HS is all but dead. Unless you are willing to go through that miserable experience of ganking, bumping, wailing, prattling, and competing with 50 skiffs in one grid - all for a few bits of ice.

3 Likes

Its ok who needs materials to mine when you can by new skins for your industrial ships that now rust in your hanger.

No seriously this needs to be addressed as a matter of urgency. An ice belt in Aridia also has not spawned since patch day

1 Like

@CCP_Aurora
Any update available? Thanks.

2 Likes

I’m having the same issue. My alliance holds sov over 3 ice systems, I haven’t seen an ice belt in more than 3 days… in any of our systems (I check several times a day). Also, the asteroid belts are completely empty, not a single rock.

I don’t believe that CCP hates miners, but I definitely do believe that something isn’t working as intended. Please fix it, if this keeps up I won’t even have a place to dock.

Hopefully today’s extended down time will address this.

2 Likes

Well yesterday 3 out of 4 ice belts spawned for us in our part of space, after a week of nothing. But still would love some update on it how things works.

@CCP_Aurora
Still no ice after 27 Oct patch. Can you share any information? Is it time to just give up?

I have noticed whole areas in lowsec, where before they had ice belts, now they have had NONE at all since they despawned after the patch.
It’s been almost 2 weeks since the patch that changed this.
I can understand wanting to make changes to high-sec, as there are botters and other things. However, lowsec offers more destruction and risk. Removing ice from lowsec would just decrease the chances of killing mining ships. IF people even mine in lowsec. While we’re on the subject, lets compare high-sec ice mining with low-sec and null-sec.

High-sec: Base ice, safe to very safe. Low yield (Cant use Rorquals)

Low-sec: Base ice + Glare crust. Unsafe to very unsafe (There is no way to secure the system, can’t bubble gates, free travel easy, high-traffic)

Null-sec: +10% ice + Kry + glare + dark gliter + geli, Safe to very safe. High-yield. (Can secure systems with Jammers and bubbles, can use rorquals in safety)

IMHO, I wish you could buff low-sec (without changing null or high really) to make the risk vs reward a bit better. Simply replacing the normal ice with the 10% ice would go a long way for having a much higher risk. Perhaps decrease the spawn time in lowsec? Or make the belts more dense, so if you do take the huge risk of a Rorqual in lowsec, you can mine bigger ice chunks? I an certain that you have metrics that support, low sec mines the least amount of ice in the 3 categories. Make a difference between cutting ice in high-low-null.
Right now, my choice is, AFK mine in 99% safety of high-sec, or actively mine in 85% safety of null with much greater yields. Give me a reason for low-sec

It would be nice if you guys could clarify the game design concept with us. We understand when you want to change things, but when it’s vague and not explained, it causes people to rage and freak out.

2 Likes