Ideas for improvement of Overview near and far distance display

If you could just read the thread before commenting, that would be nice.

i have read the entire post, and you aren’t the only one that:

I’m sure many FC’s among others need to know a lot of stuff, especially when they are multiboxing 5-20 toons… NOBODY in my 10 years playing, has ever suggested “hey lets ■■■■ up the measurement system because i can’t tell the difference between ‘km’ and ‘m’ and i NEEEEEEED to know” other than you.

1 Like

Have you tried, instead of making the game adapt to you, adapting to the game?

A couple of questions:

• What is your activity where you encounter this issue?
  • What are you using to sort your overview, as it’s not distance?
  • Have you set up your target filters to quickly see only the revevant objects in space?

Maybe we can together figure out a way for you to solve your issue without a change to the game.

Well it does. I can instantly recognise distances in eve because it uses the exact same format as distances in real life.

If no one uses it then it’s not standardised.

If it was standardised we’d probably find it very easy to read.

To start off, I wrote my response in a hurry. In fact, the person I was referring to only wanted to change the overview style. Sorry about that. I had no intention to lead you on a wild goose chase.

Incidentally, in the poll, another declared this “hard” as well.

To finish, your belief that a minor change to an abbreviation in an EVE Online window is going to &%$# up the measurment system pretty much sums up how silly you are being about this.

I don’t want to change the game. I want an option added to the overview.

Not getting into that.

Sometimes I use names…cause I need the overview list to bounce around less.

My combat overview is ships only, but there can be a dozen or more ships with new pilots quickly replacing those who warped off.

Of course. But I really cannot see how it can possibly be hard to understand that it would be or could be trouble to notice the presence or absence of a single small letter k in a list containing so many other letters and numbers too.

I really cannot believe this is hard to understand.

Okay, you won’t tell your activity.

We know it’s some activity with lots of neutral possible targets appearing and warping, where you bounce around a lot and don’t care about the ships next to you but really need to see the difference between km and m for targets further away.

Are you sniping people on the Jita undock or something?

And have you tried asking others who do this same activity how they have solved this issue?

Earlier you should have said “non-standard” because now its clear that is what you mean. But you said “non-standardized” which I took as “not consistent”.

Aside, I am incredulous that you think changing “km” to “KM” is going wind up confusing you.

Tell you what…assume all I suggest is optional and every player can have things just as they are now if they want.

Finished.

Will you be able to see the difference between KM and M though, when you have trouble seeing the difference between km and m?

You amaze me dude. What part of “I am not getting into that.” boggled you?

I have, but it was not “solved”. He just moved on when it happened.

KM and m.

Look, if you don’t want to pay attention please stop posting now.

Wel I’m trying to help you solve the issue without demanding ‘game changes for Ridley’. But you’re not being very helpful.

Sorry, I refuse to play games that have such glaring inconsistencies in something as basic as units.

How are you going to help if you don’t pay attention!?

1. I am not the only one who asked for a change. Someone made a suggestion before me and someone agreed in the poll this was hard.

2. I am not asking for a game change. I am asking for a small addition to text options.

3. I already told you I am not asking for workarounds. I told you twice if I am not mistaken. You are off topic and are therefore unhelpful.

The units will not change. Only the indicator of unit type will change. And since you were not paying attention you did not notice that I said this could and should be optional.

FFS

Adapt and htfu. It is still inconsistent using capitol letters for one and lower case for another. That’s not how units of measurements work… I’m done with this.

2 Likes

…what?

1 Like

And yet here you are saying such things are confusing you…

The thing is, i don’t even read it. My brain automatically recognises it without a thought.

Why? Because it’s been ingrained into my brain since childhood.

Rather than asking the world to adapt to your way of thinking, why can’t you adapt to the standard format?

Eve Online is not, “the world”. And what is wrong with asking while also checking its general desireability? Can’t even talk about changes now? And do you remember when I suggested making this optional? I guess not.

Lets look at your sign:

1. No measurments in “m” or even AU. Its ALL km.
  2. Does not add and subtract names in times under a second
  3. Does not change the order of names in times under a second
  4. The numbers don’t change value in times under a second

Also, better get these people to make the K lower case before they destroy the world. :roll_eyes:

This one though, will surely destroy the universe. Caps all! :astonished:

Please let me know if anyone would get confused while driving a car fitted with this speedometer. I seriously want to know.

I would be surprised but not confused, until they use m for meter in the same context as KM for kilometer.

Then I’d be confused and likely ask rookie chat what KM and m stand for in EVE

My understanding would be that one is likely one of the known distance units, but what is the other supposed to be when the game so clearly makes a distinction between the two?

Be consistent and I could live with your suggestion of using KM and M.