Ideas Only

A little pop up menu that appears when hovering over the undock button for players < 3 days old, that says “undock only when your prepared to loose it all for glory!”

Things can always be better. You just dont want this game to have moderate player base. Imagine how sick it would be if 1 million players were ingame simultaneously. ■■■■ everything you think you know. Ps ive been playing since 2011, I remember manually arranging individual probes. If you think that was cool then I really dont know what to tell you

We need more players and that would just be like
“Fly Dangerous” Everyone will know

Yes and no, better does not mean everything has to be made with the average 12 IQ player in mind, if they want an MMO which is dumbed down to that point then there are other games out there

Firstly, it has a moderate playerbase, its a niche game so you’re not going to expect millions of players, nor should you, can you imagine TiDi in every single system in EVE? the server can’t handle fights on those scales without literally catching fire or grinding to a halt, you really have no idea what you’re asking for

Its less about cool and about requiring players to think for themselves, to be able to learn and actually adapt to changes instead of having so many people that whatever you do literally ends up amounting to nothing, that is not the EVE i want

they should stay in highsec?

I do however have an idea.

Instead of alphas coming into game the normal way they should have the choice to join a faction navy; these should then be used to bolster or create online ongoing events. Mostly organised or semi planned by ccp perhaps others could earn plex by being in this group and leading or creating some form of content;no i dont have all the details at hand in my head - im sure it could be worked out given the right minds.

This would then decrease the amount of useless alphas spread about everywhere that arent in anything, or a part of anything and increase player retention by providing content in various areas; imagine if you will commanders are given missions such as clear/secure the nourv/tama gate?
Or to help militia forces in xxx constellation? Hell even patrolling the hs pipes for suicide gankers (might have to give them the means for this somehow)

I mean it could be done and volounteers could be found (hell even isd could be used right?)

Yeh yeh yeh ‘‘but this could be used for personal gain’’ = bannable offence or something akin, lets be adults here and not start with finding the issues first when we all know they could either be fixed or arent nearly as big an issue as yer making out!!

o7

Your question was answered by reading ALL of what i wrote instead of stopping half way through a sentence, which sadly kind of proves my point, players these days don’t actually want to read and understand they just want the game to hold their hand, reading these days is a long forgotten skill that we really need to rekindle

Aye there are indeed two types of people, those that can extrapolate from incomplete data

What do you guys think about the integration of resource wars into abyssal space. If the newer player base realized they could do more with very little they would have a different outlook on the entire game. Imagine a battle royal like setting with only one high value roid that was like 100m3. 10 frigates 20 minutes 1 rock. Only one ticket to activate the gate, which could be a portion of the resource gathered. Last man standing/king of the hill. Maybe groups of two because some people have friends

1 Like

This Topic has been moved to Player Features and Ideas Discussion

And we need to make sure we’re keeping the people who can do deductive logical reasoning and to think for themselves rather than the sheep who do nothing but follow, and the only way to appeal to the masses is to dumb the game down and make it less complex and remove the learning curve, at which point EVE isn’t EVE anymore, and we don’t want an EVE like that, nor do we really need one

Cyno could have spool up and stages:
0-30 seconds nothing
30-1min titan bridge access
1min-2min - dread / carrier access
2min > - everything.

2 Likes

And what would that accomplish? Every capital ship would have a cyno to help ensure the beacon was online and cyno jammers deploy faster than the times you are describing.

Are you trying to limit capitals arrival times, or are you trying to give people a chance to kill the cyno ship? And what happens if the cyno ship is off grid, and also happens to be a capital ship? Getting there and killing it isn’t really going to happen, all this would do is slow capital response fleets, but said fleets can still respond to everything just like normal.

1 Like

That is solid criticism. Can you tell me what you think regarding the post about resource war/abyssal integration

The idea is to slow down response time instead of preventing it, capital’s should be slow by nature and the 0 second responce time cyno goes against their weakness of being “slow”.

1 Like

Not a bad idea, except killing a titan with a dread bomb would be very… slow.

I thought perhaps cynos should act a bit more like wormholes being limited by mass?

I think they should get rid of resource wars, apparently not many take part; but, having said that having this sort of thing pop up in belts across new eden, maybe even on athanor belts too might make things a bt more interesting, y’know not only would players have a beacon direct to the middle of the belt but there would be npc’s competing to get the goods.

It could be explained a few different ways too, for example ‘a meteor shower in sector XXX appears to have teh good stuffs’ or ‘athanor b has fracked out some rare XXX and local pirates have taken notice’ or a comet flies through system and people have to compete for the goods.

Im not sure i like abyssal space, it being basically a mission instance and not really providing much to the game in itself (only the materials brought out) I dont really think of abyssal pvp arenas as pvp, more as an expensive dueling area tbvh.

The resource war idea/mechanic is reasonably sound in a sense, but the current limitations making it co-op pve for minimal rewards and the lack of any real danger make it boring.

Eve online is all about optimizing your time and effort for the reward, while trying to reduce the risk involved. There’s not enough players to sustain an activity like competitive mining, and in truth there will be those who just jump in with combat miners to kill you, then after you are dead they will simply leave or mine for themselves. And that’s only at the beginning, as we can see with the abyssal pvp, practically no one does it, and the few that do have spent so much isk that far to many just go in and die.

Abyssal space and mining doesn’t and probably shouldn’t follow the exact methods of resource wars, but instead a variant. Let us assume you could open up abyssal space to mine abyssal ore, the inhabitants would eventually notice you and send ever greater response fleets to remove you. Players would want the ability to send in their combat craft to fight other players who are doing this activity, so now the PVE player is stuck between npc targetting and hostile players who will likely just camp the exit.

1 Like

Maybe the cyno uses mass and the mass increases the longer it is open.

1 Like

That certainly would explain why it last ten minutes lol

rather than what we have now which isnt really explainable at all imo…

1 Like