If CCP made Omega membership cheaper and did away with Alpha, would the game be better off?

A game I used to play seriously, World War II Online: Battleground Europe, recently adopted a similar model. Infantry Pack Subscription, Air Force Pack Subscription, Infantry + Armor Subscription, etc. They did that after surveying the players, and it seems to be working. But the players in that game are different. Some love it so much that they donate RL cash (and get a “Builder” icon on their char) to keep it going.

wow dude you still in the 1800’s

what a dick @Michelle_Vega

3 Likes

but what ccp have to offer for this 15 euro? In other games you gain access to some content, fun, journey, sandbox whatever - in eve you got blackout for this price, 0 fun, loneliness,uncertainty, ■■■■ not pvp called harassing - rly… for 15 euro? ■■■■ no!. it should be for FREE.
Eve even dont have good market now - it is pointless to pay for this, only addicted to hell people pay, but gamer who have brains actualy - dont pay.

1 Like

Are you in a corp? Problem fixed…Uncertainty? Get out of that stressful area then and to an area you are comfortable with…problem fixed…

The onus is on YOU to make the game enjoyable, not CCP. If you can’t do than then EVE is not the game for you…

2 Likes

The possible loneliness and more so the uncertainty are definitely what I am happy paying for.

I think the price is fine, I pay yearly now, but would be nice to get a bit of free Plex or other goodies.

I just like getting presents.

h286B806A

If CCP had the 1 month Omega sub keep pace with inflation in the US the price of a sub would be $21.11/month. You’ve been getting a steady discount each year…

1 Like

I dont play in Middle Class Null much, so Im still getting my worth. If you dont is grounds for quitting paying it sure, but what you and I consider worth 15 euros probably differs greatly.

yeh you dont understand… you will when you join corp and this all members in this corp will be 1 men and tones of his alts. you will understand when you will chase a rifter engage it and 2 falcons shows (another 2 accounts of rifter guy) to kill your punisher. pay for it. multiplayer game when everyone plays alone - because it is MOST profitable

1 Like

It’s a tough call. At some point, a marketing analyst has told CCP that if they lower the price of the monthly subscription then it will be viewed by customers as having less value. (And therefore less attractive). Another way of saying it is like this: The cheaper the product, the worse it looks. With that in mind, I think CCP wants to be in the ballpark of other subscription based MMO games. It’s not really the price that’s the problem, it’s the quality of the product. Regional pricing should be considered whenever possible, though.

As far as alpha accounts… that’s a lot more complicated. Right now, I feel that the game is absolutely terrible if you play as an alpha. The experience is bad for the player, so of course they won’t subscribe. But that’s my guess, and it’s just one of many reasons that Eve doesn’t retain many new players. The water is very muddy here, and we don’t have much data on the subject either. Everyone is making educated guesses, but they are still just guesses.

I think CCP is prioritizing new player experience and alpha accounts right now. That’s a good priority, but I think they’ll miss the mark and dig the hole a little deeper. There are problems with content across the board. I don’t mean player made content, I mean the playground. The swing’s wrapped up on the bar above it, the rocky horses aren’t rocking, and the jungle gym… oh the horror. The horror.

1 Like

Remove Alpha/Omega.

$9.99 USD / Month
With a one time limited 30 day free trial.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.