If fregate, which targets to pursue?

“Success” is defined only by you. :wink:

In my early days, I considered a fight a “success” if I managed to survive for more than 10 seconds.
After a few more fights I “succeeded” when I was able to pin down a target long enough for help to arrive.
Then I changed “success” to mean “my ship survived.”

When it comes to activities in High-sec and Low-sec… the same thing applies.
Make a 500 hundred thousand doing X activity. Make a 1 million ISK doing Y activity.

I will repeat what I said in an earlier post:

• Spend some time doing stuff and save up ISK (get up to 20 million)

Run missions. For level 1 to level 3 missions do not salvage or loot anything. Just destroy all the NPCs and complete the objective.
The real money comes from the Loyalty Points you earn for each mission.

If you want to make a little extra money, see if someone wants to salvage your missions for you. Charge them a small fee (like 100,000 to 200,000 ISK) and guide them to your mission.
(note: Be sure to auto-abandon all wrecks!!)

This is why I mentioned saving up and buying lots of stuff at the same time.

When you have stuff for 10 or more combat frigates, move it to a high-sec system near to where you want to hunt/fight.
Fit up everything.
Set your clone up in the station (so your respawn there after death).

This way, when you die, you do not have to travel far.

There is a difference in mindsets between Low-Sec and Null-Sec.

Null-Sec is about building empires and defending one’s territory. So they will not hesitate to crush anyone with all of their power.

Low-Sec is more akin to the “slums” of a city. There is no territory to claim. People are flying to either shoot things or make money (or both).

Do note that there are few places anyone will find a “fair fight.”
:expressionless:

Faction Warfare is something I would recommend as well.

Yes, there are veterans. Yes, it is almost impossible to have duels. But that is part of PvP.
It is learning how to pick fights… when to run and when to stay… and what ships and fits work best in certain situations.

What will help you in Faction Warfare is that there are veterans on YOUR side as well.
And if you become friends with them you will learn from them.

There is a corporation for everyone.

Some corporations will want people online at certain times.
Other corporations are more relaxed and about having fun.

Simply find people you like to hang out with.
If your hours are a inconsistent, that is fine. Let people know about it.

2 Likes