If the number of players on the server is not higher by this time next year

Just stopped by to mention that;

I am lovin these dailies!

2 Likes

But do you have a mining permit? :thinking: :smirk: :smiling_imp:

1 Like

Seems like the same metric that is used in real life. I have heard and felt the presence of the liar, in many jobs. For the first two weeks, all is fine and then after two weeks, the personalities around me change to that of being toxic, all for the simple reason, the new person won’t live in fear and bow a knee and won’t give the griefers money so the that griefer doesn’t have to do anything.

Are you saying that ‘in many jobs’ the ‘personalities around you change to that of being toxic’?

With just this observation I would not have come to your conclusion.

Is it possible that there is one common element in all those jobs that caused the personalities to all become toxic?

3 Likes

That is already the case. Security status loss is based on a formula that involves the value of the gank and also the security status of the person ganked.

Most buttholes don’t know they are the butthole.

The olde cliche of if you meet 10 people and 1 is a butthole, they are probably a butthole.

If all 10 you meet are buttholes….yeah, it may not be them.

Inserts usual be social, join crews. Even if new start fw corps. Some good peeps there. I did my part today. Moving to the new fob, I see one system with like 25 rote kapelle. I report that in militia. Something they’d need to know.

Now if someone didn’t read that, that’s on them.

Sorry but it is the equivalent of losing ventures, in fact likely cheaper.

My point was always based on the ones that stretched to their first T2 mining ship say a Hulk and then seeing it blown up in short order on their low mining income, so has a much greater impact. Your example is not and has never been the issue. In my opinion the ganks that impacted you added to your gameplay. The ones I talk about don’t. But if you want to feel that the loss of three frigates is representative of ganking then feel free.

Meh…you move the goal posts as it suits you. So I will do likewise. That ‘devastating’ loss of a Retriever is actually only about 65 pence.

Hulk…

if they ignore “dont undock what you cant affort to lose” then yes … but then they lerned the golden rules the hard way !

You mean the golden rule that results in them not playing because there is no point in striving for that better thing, yes you are correct if that is what you meant?

tell me which part of the golden rules are “dont get better things”

this specific rule said “if you cant affort the ship again if you lose it then dont fly it”
and it has a reason … if you cant affort it it will hurt you and you will start crying ! then you come to this forum, start stupid forum posts like “nerf XXX and buff me” and you play the victim card !

Golden Rules - EVE University Wiki

Do you blindly follow everything you read on the internet? Quoting it to me does not make it true.

The question you have to ask yourself is whether this game is better with more players in it doing stuff?

A lot of players want to use better stuff as part of their enjoyment and is a sense of achievement, but if it is a quick turkey shoot and all that time spent getting it evaporates in an instant then they say nope, and leave. So my point was that if you make it too easy to do that to them and absolutely consequence free then you lose a lot of players that would otherwise be out in space doing stuff.

But if CCP are happy with that, and you are happy with low levels of player then fine. I on the other hand thought it reduced the number of players and made Eve less interesting, and less of a community. But that is of course my opinion, does that upset you?

2 Likes

there is a reason why this golden rules exist xD to tell you what game is this !

and yes it is true that you will be more frustrated if you cannt affort the ship again youve lost and then its more likely youre pausing the game !

simply say “its not true” is a lie and show your “knowledge”

per default ? no its not better for eve ! eve is a niche game and its not for the mass of ppl !

you can fly whatever you want but its a fact that eve is an PvP game ! and as a PvP game you can lose your ship everywhere at any time ! youre unhappy because you lost your ship ? its your fault … you have made decisions which makes you a better target then all the other player around you ! youre leaving the game because you cant handle a single loss ? good … eve dont need cryhards !
but i dont believe that many players leave because their hulk get killed ! otherwise you can show me the numbers you collect ! → and no, i dont mean the numbers youve seen in this forum without any official source !

its not “to easy” and it always have consequenzes ! if you think that ganking has no consequenzes then you need to inform you about ganking !

btw … no you dont lose that much ppl becauce they got ganked ! if you think so then you can proofe it with an official source ?

who said eve online has a low level of players ? xD
didnt you think CCP would change it if the playercount would be to low ?
eve is still a niche game and does not generate masses of players ! and this is good !

its your O P I N I O N ! nothing else xD your opinion does not show any facts ! your opinion shows that you dont know enough about this game ! your opinion is worthless :wink:

does that upset me ? no ! you can have your opinion ! a lot of ppl believe stuff thats simply not true ! like all the conspiracy theorist ! it does not upset me but i´m correcting it if you write your opinion because your totaly wrong and this is a fact and not my opinion !

You seem to be unaware that this game was at one point running in the 65k plus in terms of concurrent logins. So yes, it currently has a low number of players.

CCP is doing a massive advertisement campaign for new players, I see it on YouTube, X and on various websites, why would they do that if what you said was correct.?

There are no real consequences for ganking. 15 minutes of wait time for a criminal flag, and the ship lost which is just ammo, and a security status that means that the fac pol come shoot you if you stay still too long, but don’t point you, which you can get around with by tethering. What wonderful consequences, how terrible, how important, not…

Another one who thinks I know nothing about the game and that I am upset at getting ganked, I have ganked more than I have lost to ganks, in fact the only ship I lost to a gank was an AF on one of my alts. So I baited them into attacking another ship and watched them all die for nothing, that is the level of my inability to play this game, LMAO…

Can you ask CCP to supply that official source? Sadly the most important time to analyse this was when they removed the -25% ROF penalty from destroyers, but they did not analyse that period, because they were gaining more players from the big battles. Now I think they would notice, but because that type of player is now only a small subset of the game it is not noticeable. Hint, the damage has already been done, and those players are not coming back and nor will they dip their toes in this murky water.

Eve is very much a niche game now, and if you are happy with that, which seems to be the case then whatever…

yes there was a time with about 60k active players online ! but its only your opinion that the playerbase is to low ! if CCP generate $ then the playerbase is perfect !
maybe the playerbase was to high ? and now its at a good state ? who you are to say eve has to low numbers ?

every company need such campaigns oO otherwise they lose member until it reaches 0 ! there are always a fluctuation ! its in the nature of all ! you lose member → you need new member !
if they would need way more new player as you wanna imply, then they would do way more then they actual do !

so you listet some consequenzes and you said they dont have consequenzes ? do you realise what you write ? oO

ganking is perfect and its way less important then you wanna have other ppl think ! less then 1 % of all player get ganked and you are creating such massive false arguments because you think that ganking is a major problem ? oO

btw… its not the fault of the few gankers they can gank easy targets ! and its also not CCP´s fault ! gankers are 100% losing their ships and victims dont ! whoms fault is it that a bunch of catalyst can gank your freighter with max cargo and a value of 10b inside ?

everybody knows that eve is a PvP game and the “victims” still decide to be lazy and simply ignore simple rules that prevent you from beeing a “victim” !

ganking is the only way to have some risk in HS ! if you ban ganking then you were 100% risk free ! you never would lose any ship in HS !

now you can argue " but if you got suspect … or at war … or for PvE"
if you got suspect → you decide to have any interactions → your fault if you lose a ship
if youre at war → your choice to have structures → your fault if you lose a ship
at PvE → your choice to use a ship with the right adjustments → your fault if you lose a ship

if you want to ban ganking → and as you write it exactly looks like this then yes, you know nothing and you only a mad antiganking dude who wants to be lazy → profe me wrong …

long story short you cant proofe it and its only your wortless opinion !

i can proof that youre wrong and ive done it …

it was always a niche game and will alwaye be a niche game ! and yes, i´m happy with that !
if you dont be happy with that maybe you start playing wow with the millions of players !

1 Like

You have not proven anything, all you have offered is your opinion in rather poor English while making snide little digs.

Take that graph you linked, 2015 data for people who did the 15 day trial, and irrelevant to what I said as I was talking about people that had trained into a Hulk. Can you guys even read, when did I say it was a 15 days old player that was the issue? From your logic because ganking is not that serious for 15 day trial accounts in 2015 then everything is fine, such great proof… LMFAO.

Extra greed should mean extra risk.

Makes a different point, ignores the point made.

i still have prooved way more then you have ever proofed !

maybe you can proofe i´m wrong but as i said … you cant !

than proof i´m wrong xD you cant … unles you cant the evidance of that only 1 % get ganked is way more proofe than youre opinion ! and maybe you take a look into zkb then you will notice that ganking is way less “problematic” then you want to sell it !

you never made a point … you only said your worthless opinion !