[IKAME] Semiki investigative work

This is a sad point of view. After what was done to aid the four. After Kyonoke, after the Drifter incursions.

Still to be treated like a dog on a chain.

5 Likes

You canā€™t expect anything more from capsuleers. Weā€™re spoiled brats who think weā€™re owed the world, throwing temper tantrums whenever an authority figure tells us something we donā€™t want to hear.

If only capsuleers actually were treated like that.

4 Likes

Looking back, it could well be that CONCORD, via SARO, instigated the original Drifter Incursions through their actions. If so, then what we are seeing is an attempt by Drust to compound the cover up.

1 Like

Itā€™s not uncommon for us having to take out their trash. Wouldnā€™t be the first time around now, would it.

2 Likes

Absolutely not. They lost a pile of ships trying to respond, after we had taken out a huge amount of Drifters. When they did provide an adequate response force we were still coping with the onslaught.

1 Like

Drust has on two confirmed occasions killed multiple Drifters and Lancers in Semiki, or rather heā€™s been seen with wrecks belonging to him, heā€™s yet to have been seen fighting them. Last night he was on grid with 10 Lancer wrecks and 5 Drifter Battleship wrecks, his only support was 4 Ishukone Watch Ravens.

For the uninitiated, a Marshal and 4 Ravens canā€™t fight off 5 Drifters and 10 Lancers. So clearly they have something very effective to use against the Drifters, they simply chose not to when the Drifters were hitting the citadel of people who had questioned their authority and refused to give into their demands, instead preferring to pointlessly throw multiple ships at the Drifters knowing this would cost the crews their lives.

Boy, I wonder why.

4 Likes

None of that means Concord are not trying to help.

Suggesting they are the cause of drifter incursions when capsuleers have been raiding drifter space for years is just odd.

4 Likes

The problem runs much deeper than just raids.

2 Likes

Ssh! They donā€™t like people bringing that up.

4 Likes

Confirmed, I have received your instruction booklet and will study it. I donā€™t intend to fight them, but if I have to, I will, and aim to come prepared.

1 Like

Because prior to hives there were seekers, observatories, carthum, entosis.

This crisis runs a bit deeper than it may seem.

3 Likes

And prior to those were the looting of sleeper complexes in wormhole space.

While this is actually an area I wonā€™t blame capsuleers for ā€“ exploration of ruins belonging to what was thought to be a long-dead civilization is not something Iā€™d hold against people ā€“ capsuleers are a major instigator in the current state of affairs.

8 Likes

This is a tad too much credit and it shows. We are a side target at best. We did not magically bring upon the empires the Vigilant Tyrannos.

They did it themselves. Jamyl included.

4 Likes

This is quite an assumption, are you sure theyā€™re not using the skeleton crew approach you do? And given CONCORDs resources the crew is most likely backed up with softclones.

1 Like

They threw battleships at them. Hard to have a skeleton crew.

Even if they were backed up though, itā€™s still an intentional and pointless waste of resources.

2 Likes

Skeleton crew means minimal operational status. Nothing hard about that.

Not arguing otherwise.

1 Like

A skeleton crew for a battleship is still a lot of people.

2 Likes

A lot of the Sleeper complexes had already been broken into. Those they had not been were in a poor state. Its difficult to be sure what condition the Sleeper civilization is actually in. Could be that we are simply seeing isolated installations. The Jove are conspicuous by their absence, and I donā€™t believe they raised any objections. Regardless of how benign the Sleepers could have been potentially, the Drifters are something else entirely. They appear to be an offshoot but have always been hostile, perhaps not aggressively so, but hostile nonetheless. Certainly their actions in the Abyss leave no question as to their capacity for violent action. Against the Triglavians, who while justifiably defending their territory do seem to be making tentative steps towards some sort of communication with us.

2 Likes

Absent? The drifters are Jove.

1 Like

Well, thereā€™s just the problem that they donā€™t seem all that interested in the empires, indeed theyā€™ve only shown heightened interest in the Amarr Empire - and that was years ago. How much of that recent disinterest is to the Triglavianā€™s credit is of course fertile ground for theories.

1 Like