[IKAME] Semiki investigative work

A final wing of DED Special Operation frigates arrived and appears to have assisted in the removal of all remaining Drifter vessels. At this time, the Citadel is unchallenged.

3 Likes

UPDATE

Oveg Drust has entered system, along with Lorienne Nesif - who herself was present during the Abyss-related experiments that were interrupted by the datastream-carrying Astromancer.

The two of them are performing scans on the reinforced citadels, the same type performed by Drifters and Seekers, and by Matshi Raish on Jamyl Sarum before he was attacked in response.

Interesting.

4 Likes

Well, this just keeps on getting more interesting, doesn’t it?

First there’s a whiff some deviant drones being connected to this crisis, then Drifter abominations in full force coming down on us and reinforcing citadels, and now we got CONCORD sniffing around looking shifty as usual.

While I was able to stay for the defence of IKAME’s structure and intial patrol removal before. However I was pulled away by some personal matters ((work irl)) while HECON/IRED and PNS’ citadel were hit…Missing out on a good bit of action admittely.

I pray that wont happen again, because I want another piece of this “invasion” when round two comes around. I’ll be moving my personal operations closer to semiki to stay in arms length and offer any support IKAME may need, whatever it be co.bst or logistical work.

Same goes for any other parties involved in semiki, you need another gun in your fleet, scout or another mule to hual armaments into position, then I’m your man. Hindering the efforts of these Drifters is payment enough for me.

2 Likes

Despite our contentious exchanges, Teinyhr, I hold no grudge. Any assistance you’re willing to render would be appreciated. I assume you’d prefer to render humanitarian aid rather than military, so we’ll be in touch if the initial defense is unsuccessful…?

5 Likes

Obviously, Semiki is a dangerous system. Priano-haani, I would be willing to safeguard your assets in a more secure system.

I would like to see the Drifters attack the Thetastar.

2 Likes

Your offer is very much appreciated, Alizabeth, and I both understand and appreciate the sentiment behind it. At the same time, the research work in Semiki can’t be disrupted. If we can save the stations and the citizens aboard, we must do everything we can.

We’ll see how the next day goes.

4 Likes

So, let me get this straight.

1. Capsuleers are doing research with poorly understood materials.
  2. CONCORD says “hey you guys that’s actually kinda dangerous, you should hand that stuff over” (except with a lot more and official words because hey, @Oveg_Drust)
  3. Capsuleers say “lol no” (only with more words, because hey, capsuleer diplomats)
  4. Drifters show up and reinforce everyone’s citadels.
  5. Somehow the conclusion from this is not “uh, oops, actually, maybe we should have listened to the authorities” but instead “let’s make more of these piles! everywhere!”

The Sisters’ attitudes about capsuleers being a menace often do not make my life personally too comfortable, but you know, they are also very, very hard to argue.

15 Likes

Indeed so, though I suppose I can find room for a few destroyer hulls inside my Mastodon. Just in case. Could you or your underlings/affiliates mail me your average ship/fittings for engaging drifters when you have the time? I understand ludicrous speed and damage potential are the priority, as tanking them is not an option and surviving the encounter is still not a reasonable expectation?

Other than that I guess I will bring with me some medical supplies, and focus rest of the space to accomodate personnel evacuation.

1 Like

So, the question is whether these Drifter attacks are caused directly by the presence of the giant pile of glowy doodads, or if the Drifters are attacking because someone let the whole cluster know that there was a giant pile of glowy doodads.

5 Likes

Well it is known that Drifters monitor the IGS. Be careful what you say; loose lips sink Cits.

3 Likes

I can and will provide you with the fitting doctrines, but be warned, it is not a light price to pay to stand toe to toe with them.

@Makoto_Priano as stated earlier this evening, I will also be moving my operations closer to home. While my strength is limited to Hive activities I will nevertheless bring my best to bear.

And like @Teinyhr if I can’t bring the firepower then I will bring aid in any way you ask of me.

1 Like

Sacrifices must sometimes be made.

2 Likes

Oh do they now ?

Well then I would say that

∴∭≡∊∅

2 Likes

While obviously true in general sense, making the sacrifice of inviting Drifters in inhabited systems to shoot at stations just so you can pile up stuff you do not understand might be a specific case where this is not a relevant statement.

3 Likes

Perhaps the claims made by Jora Alexis and the Pharos of Thera that SARO wants to test “advanced anti-Drifter countermeasures” are not so far fetched.

4 Likes

Its just another one on the road. CONCORD has shown we can expect no real support, so you know… The only right thing to do is do things on our own.

3 Likes

CONCORD crews lost their lives trying to contain this incursion and you have the gall to say they give no support?

3 Likes

In the wake of their lack of transparency that vastly contributes to this crisis the lives of a token few are of little consequence. This is far larger than them and many more will die.

1 Like
  1. CONCORD develops anti-Drifter countermeasures.
  2. CONCORD warns capsuleers that what they are doing is dangerous.
  3. Drifters show up, destroy stuff.
  4. CONCORD fights drifters.
  5. Capsuleers: “But we receive no support. Why do we always have to do everything around here?”

I mean. SARO is shady as hell, I trust Drust about as far as I can throw him, the disappearance of a SoE scientist referenced above is still unsolved as far as I know, and in general ■■■■ CONCORD.

But aren’t some people being a little unreasonable here?

8 Likes

Capsuleers do not deserve transparency from the legitimate authorities of the cluster. We are a rabble of children with guns and dangerous materials.

5 Likes