I'm officially out - Thank you EVE

Give me 0.10 isk

1 Like

That was the case when I went on a two year break. Was not sure I wanted to trust that, so I moved all my assets to three different High Sec NPC stations.

Came back to find that two of those High Sec systems became Pochven, so I got nailed anyway.

Still have three Billion locked in a “Home” system I am never going to grind standings to access.

Eve burned me. Not the first time she burned me and wont be the last. Just adapt.
Still sucks though.

If the OP wanders by it would be nice to hear some more detail on what happened.

5 Likes

The dignity? Well it was taken with the player on the way out.

Guys, EVE assets now are like FIAT, you know it’s gonna collapse one day, but it’s probably because gov collapsed. So, Jita 4-4 is the only “safe place”. L O G I C. If Jita gets fked is because game got fked.

I also want to share a case where I came back to the game and my assets where in Povchen, ofc I contracted all that crap and moved on.

CCP is to blame, broken promises.

3 Likes

I have sympathy for the people who were on break when Forsaken Fortress hit… but that wasn’t OP. It’s been 3 or 4 years, and still managed to get caught with his pants down? At what point does it become his fault? A decade later? Is that the point that we can finally expect players to implement proper risk management strats so that they don’t lose all their crap.

And, to OP:

4 Likes

And you wonder why there’s no respect for new players…

6 Likes

That’s what I been asking, lol. All we know is that the structure was unanchored but just that wouldn’t cause loss of assets, would it?

Does anybody have a good link to Structures relating to Assets Protection?

As long as the structure wasnt in abandoned mode, the assets upon destruction or unanchoring should have been put in asset safety. So in another 15 days, they can access their asset safety

To which theyll have to pay 15% of what the value of the assets are worth

1 Like

Yeah you can have OP’s anger I guess. :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Topic moved to correct Forums Category.

With the default configuration, he will get a notification which will not pop up, so it’s easy to miss. It gets even easier to miss if you’re actively playing, at which point your notificaitons will regularily get “contract accepted/rejected”, “standings loss/gain”, “player logged in”, and so forth messages, all popping up by default but structure warnings don’t, and when you bother to manually review the notification history, if you bother at all, the structure notificaiton will be somewhere within a dozen other messages.

I have an alt that does nothing but operate stations, but even w/o all the ratting/missioning/trading/pvp messaging it’s easy to oversee the shield ref messages, as unlike fuel warnings, mining drills being fired or moon chunk fracturing, you don’t by default get a notification popup for a structure getting shot to invulnerability even when you’re the operator of that structure.

Any good eve veteran has more alts then he can remember, and wouldn’t even notice one less, so why would he lament biomassing one just to take a screenshot?

Catapulting Jita into some C0 space, an extra-low content WH class which is introduced only for the purpose of putting Jita into it and doesn’t have anoms or signatures, would create ultimate content and fix so many things that are broken. On that occation, throw Perimeter out, too.

So many players wouldn’t even bother loging in any more that we would have them cause less lag for anyone else, fixing tidy… or enabling CCP to take down one cloud node and safe it’s rent of 10USD/month. They’ll take down 3 instead because tidy is a feature, and the eve user base will praise them for making economic decisions, while creating more alts in order to compensate for the lack of content.

2 Likes

Yup it is on the list of promises broken and unfulfilled that CCP has to account for to redeem itself.
I don’t recall an apology for this particular oversight either.
So making us work for a fix through an arc feature is a bit rich.
Someone lost faith. Sad, but inevitable.

1 Like

I thought stuff went into an expensive recovery hangar when stations exploded?

https://wiki.eveuniversity.org/Asset_safety

2 Likes

Eggs! It’s eggs you…egger!!!

Well, something is seriously wrong in New Eden if Aiko Danuja wasn’t.

1 Like

You mean pods. :wink: :dealwithitparrot:

Don’t put all your capsules in one citadel. :blush:

1 Like

I’d ask for your stuff, but it seems others have already looted it.

They can always gift you their corpse though if they want to. :wink:

:skull:

So? What happend?

Seems like it entered into an abandoned state and the corp itself dismantled it. As someone said after this post, no relevant highsec killmail for a structure.

If by doing that they stole all my stuff ejected from the upwell or not, I don’t know if it’s the case, it’s the new way of sca(u)m of high sec to stole stuff at a big scale.

1 Like

Not paying, that for sure, between 20bucks a month and this ■■■■■■■■? I don’t pay for this.