Improvements to Triglavian Ships

No comments on what I said? lol

I’m optimistic about “balancing”?

It’s one massive paragraph man. Do you think we want to read that?

So continuously winning in a gladiatorial arena means you’re loyal to the masters? No. The Trigs want to be your friends? No. Having high standings is going to affect the mechanics of the invasions? No. They want to give you stuff to reward “loyalty”? No.

Fun fact: You can gain positive standings with Sansha and still get messed up in Incursions. Why should Trigs be any difference? Same thing with rats: You can have positive standing with pirate factions and pirate rats will still attack you.

I’m not going to lie, this is a horrible idea on so many levels, many of which I have not mentioned.

These things are better off left to the written lore, no need to have these obscure game mechanics where the majority of players will neither participate nor benefit from, esp. given how inaccessible it is. At least invasions (however messed up they currently are) are very accessible.

Written lore? You’ve read all their abandoned plots right? I liked Templar one.

On the forums there’s a fiction portal. Maybe you want to write some Triglavian fiction there, not touch the game with eccentric ideas that the community will wholeheartedly reject and the developers would find extremely infeasible to implement, requiring vast amounts of manpower that could be used for other things and neglecting the rest of the EVE community in the process.

It’s already bad enough that CCP is on the borderline when it comes to neglecting non-Trigs in favor of Trigs lately.

I’ve read a few articles. LOOOOOOOOVED The Empyrean Age novel. But at least written lore won’t mess up the game either way.

If rust had been multi-platform and decent i think there could have been opportunities for meshing of online platforms and why not a PC version(?!)
Killed it right there. Limited appeal and even less playability, I didn’t have a playstation?
Xbox version?

The VR thing I read about? Ouch.

Don’t forget 3D TV or DVDs :wink:

I missed that. So I’m taking it there was a complete makeover of staff since eve’s inception? Better not make any staff angry, that might affect my liberty in an online game, shhh!

Interesting how the suggestion of giving one group an extra advantage, suddenly makes you feel like everyone else is suffering an extra disadvantage. You’re fine with Abyss space penalizing everyone. But if one group of ships are able to avoid the penalty, THEN you care about the penalty? Kinda makes you sound like an entitled twat.

You know, sometimes I do feel like that. Factional Warfare is pants-on-head retarded. You can play a Gallente pilot, flying a Minmatar ship, with Caldari Navy fittings, fighting for the Amarr militia, and that is totally fine. Why bother with all the racial lore, if there is no effect? At least when Alphas first came out, they were limited to their chosen race of ships. The choice of race was significant, until you paid for Omega and earned the right to branch out. But yeah… sometimes I do think that a Minmatar pilot in a Minmatar ship with Minmatar Navy fittings should have something extra. Maybe not anything awe-inspiring and game breaking, but something to recognize their devotion.

Given a context, if A is advantaged with respect to B, then B is necessarily disadvantaged with respect to A. That’s not entitlement, it’s logic and common sense.

A = B

X = A + 1

X =/= B - 1

B isn’t “losing” anything by letting A have a logical bonus for flying in the distorted space from whence they came. Minnie boats don’t get a bonus for flying in Minnie space, b/c K-space is all the same. But Abyss space is different, which is why you only have 20 min to get in and out, and why you suffer side effects for being in there.

If Trig ships were designed by the Trig to survive in that space (since presumably they don’t need to worry about dying after 20 min), then it’s logical common sense that our Trig ships should could also function better in that environment.

1 Like

This is true - I am not disputing this. However, just because it is true does not mean it needs to be implemented as a game mechanic. That was my only point.

But that’s not your only point. You’re arguing that giving one side a bonus means the other side is penalized. That giving someone an extra cookie means you’ve been robbed of a cookie you never would have worried about if you hadn’t known that 2 was possible.

Sure, we don’t need to give Trig ships bonuses. We don’t need to do anything. AFs and HACs don’t need an extra AC/DC, they could just use the regular one like everyone else. But the fact that they can use the AC/DC doesn’t mean that every other ship is “handicapped” by comparison. It just means that every other ship is typical and average, and HACs are not.

The HAC example does not apply because its performance is not treated any differently from any other ship in any given PVE environment. When in a PVE environment, all player ships are affected the same way. (Even in w-space, the effects can more or less affect classes of of ships, but the effects are the same for all ships and the impact of the effects have less to do with race and more to do with how you fit your ship irrespective of race.)

Remember the context: A unique kind of PVE environment giving bonuses solely on the basis of your faction of ship. I believe this should not ever happen under any circumstance.

What about Combat Recons? They’re the only ship class that doesn’t register on D-scan. I’d say that’s a pretty unfair advantage, and it applies everywhere, not just in some random Abyss instance. =)

This is another example which is not applicable because, as you said, it applies everywhere and because it is not unique to any PVE instance.

Arguing back and forth has no merit.

Your logical common sense is neither logical nor commonly sensible.

Combat Recons have a sizable advantage over everyone else, but you’re okay with that b/c they always have an advantage no matter what.

But you’re against Trigs having a small advantage, in a very specific case that only applies to them and no one else.

Recons stalking you and killing you, could happen anywhere. Trigs having a few extra minutes to run an Abyss site, doesn’t have any effect on anyone but themselves.

I wonder if CCP will develop Triglavian Tactical Destroyers along a similar design of Capsuleer TD’s?