Improving The Foundation - Directx 9 Phase Out

Why can you not run DX11 software on your hardware and platform? What is the error you are getting?

фпс 1-12, драйверы я обновил.

low FPS? Try lowering your graphics settings in the game options.

Which GPU and platform?

Also, if multiboxing… well, perhaps consider running less clients at the same time.

Close any other software using the GPU running in the background too, for example, browsers with hardware accelleration enabled.

Or run DX9, because its awesomeness is a bit higher than DX11’s awesomeness. DX12 is awesome as well, I’d say way more awesome than DX11, but its awesomeness level was artificially decreased by the developers for forcing a less awesome OS in order to use it, even though, later on, what was clear to the more awesome user and less clear to the less awesome user, was that there were no serious technical barriers to run the more awesome DX12 on a more awesome OS, like Windows 7, hence the D3D12On7 solution, which even increased the awesomess of DX12, to come closer to the awesomess of Windows 7.
That being said, Windows 7’s awesomess far exceeds the awesomness of any of them!

Exactly what I was asking for many years. Why support Windows when there are better options??

Glide is the superior API.

there aren’t. only options that have parity maybe with windows XP

lol we need retro eve so we can run our voodoo IIs again

1 Like

ubuntu20.04, lenovo ideapad 310-15ISK , core i3-6006 with integrated intelHD
when i want to see myself - game crashed, but without this action - ii can fly as many as i want.
usable but not comfortable)
waiting january 2022)

That’s bad, DX9 option was a good alternative for systems where DX11 causes problems. For example, my eve client sometimes falls into the black screen after docking into the jita trade center (apparently if a specific player is present?). After each restart it will do the same thing immediately if I’m still in jita. The only way to get out of jita is to temporarily run the client with DX9. I have W7. I’m just waiting when eve stop working completely as a result of these constant changes :slight_smile:

1 Like

Bugreport it?…

1 Like

Blockquote

you just diagnosed your own problem

1 Like

The problem I see is that on my Win7 laptop the game has stopped working since the native Mac update. After it stopped working I have seen from the logs that it is attempting to create a DX9 device and failing.
However, from dxdiag I see that the system supports DX11, so I have no idea why the client is trying to load a DX9 device.
The point is that I don’t mind DX9 or DX11 as long as it works, what matters is that the game does not get restricted to latest generation hardware only, simply because this would reduce the player base and in turn degrade the game content as well.

PS. to all the “I-know-it-all” kids that keep repeating that Win7 should be trashed, simply because they live on daddy’s credit card and have just got their new PC for their 15th birthday:

• What’s nice of EVE is that it is a massively multiplayer game, so being widely accessible is a plus for the game itself.
  • EVE is a long lasting game - there are many who have been playing for 10+ years - expecting that everyone should buy new hardware every other year just for the game is not really plausible. This is expecially true for laptops, where there’s no upgrade, only trash and buy new.
  • Win7 works better than Win10 on hardware that is not new - not necessarily ancient.
  • Win7 does support DX11, so there is something else going on here.

No, windows 7 should be trashed because it is now an utter garbage operating systems with countless problems. windows 8 was a free ugprade. windows 8.1 was a free upgrade. windows 10 was a free upgrade. you can get a windows 10 license for 10-15 dollars. A license that is good for as long as your hardware lasts for less than the cost of one month of eve online subscription.

the bit about eve online being a long lasting game is irelevent. CCP has issued many updates since windows 7 went out of support.

Windows 7 doesn’t work better on windows 10 on anything unless it is indeed absolutely ancient.

your eve client wont launch in DX9 unless you have your client configured to do it. It is a check box you can undo in the launcher.

But seriously put windows 10 on it. No drivers or game updates are written for windows 7. It is only going to get worse and worse as game updates become less compatible with windows 7 and as driver updates become less compatible with windows 7

1 Like

Just because something is free does not mean it is usable.
If you are used to shut up and chew what is fed, does not mean everybody has the same attitude.
Win8 is unusable trash, so does Win10.

objectively false. But factually false ideas of usability have nothing to do with their argument, they complained about alleged expense.

Usability is subjective by definition. So, can’t be objective. By definition.
However, if you want an objective criteria: the so-called “Metro UI” is not a feature of operating system, but a part of Explorer shell. You can not run Metro apps if your shell is NOT an Explorer. This is an objective degradation of available features in Win8+.

no its not. an operating system that hasn’t been patched in 2 years is unusable.

your second point is entirely irelevent since you can’t run uwp apps on anything before windows 8 and it also isn’t correct as you can write any uwp app you like as a custom shell

Just because you are in no position to get updates for Windows 7, it does not mean that everyone is:

Windows 7 Extended Security Updates 2021: January 13, 2021 – January 11, 2022
Windows 7 Extended Security Updates 2022: January 12, 2022 - January 10, 2023

Microsoft is still providing security fixes for those who pay and are eligible.

Добрый день. С моим старым ноутбуком эта новость печальна.Конец игре.