Improving The Foundation - Directx 9 Phase Out

Funny thing is that even the old macs cost relatively quite a lot, especially the higher-end stuff - all because of the Linux/Ubuntu

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

1 Like

Somehow I missed the Notches commercials, thank you! :smiley:

Well, I am not really an expert but higher value always has a reason - quality, or rarity, or else. In Apple’s case, it’s quality AND relative rarity. But if you get a good old Apple laptop, you won’t be able to use it as an Apple laptop because the OS is long-time not supported and all software, including browsers, altogether with it. So when I decided to bring back from dead my old work laptop (for a different task), I searched internet for solutions. And the only one is - Linux (most often, Ubuntu). I got really impressive results from the quality Apple hardware with Linux running on it so I checked internet some more, and found out that the old high-end Apple laptops are really prized by Linux folks. So much, that you could actually buy a new PC laptop for the money. And I can see why such sets are so valued - because of the really high security level (if one is not a complete idiot, that is).
So, I think, there is much more to it than the Notch-Apple-Fanboys :smiley:

Ok so i have no trouble with the change, but are there any plans to maybe introduce a toned down version of missile trails? They’re pretty important gameplay wise but they really tank the performance on my laptop GPU in even smaller fights. After switching to DX9 recently i’m at a stable 60fps at all times, but as soon as a bit of smoke came up on DX11 i was losing 20 frames and the GPU heatsink became a cooker. Any idea if those can be downgraded in DX11 without turning them completely off?

Edit: also, yeah im running on low details already and i am aware this laptop isn’t a state of the art gaming rig. Would be nice though to maybe include another menu option to simplify those effects.

1 Like

Добрый день, я считаю это ошибкой. У меня не поддерживает directx11 точнее на нем у меня фпс на нем 10 -12. Рынок диктует правила не спорю. Почему нельзя дать выбор, почему вы не можете сделать много платформ? может дело не в том что дтх, не том что все идет не так. Почему нельзя сделать проще дать выбор. Неужели это трудно? Сложно? Дайте версию тем кто не может, и вы удержите часть рынка.
Не можете? посмотрим как часть рынка уйдет, как вы потеряете прибыль, и никакие графики, плексы не спасут игру EVE. Дайте выбор игрокам, какую версию выбирать

Без оскорблении. Ваша точка не для меня. Продолжите нарушите правила форума

DX11 is over 10 years old. DX12 is dominant in the gaming community. I showed charts and stats earlier in this thread.

Nobody wants nor needs DX9 for a game in the year 2021.

Ты не CCP, вопрос о мнении был задан компании. Я рад что ты считаешь по другому. Это твое личное мнение, и мы останемся на нем. НА этом все для тебя.

The market has spoken, CCP has made a decision. Technical debt and burden is being paid off.

They already signalled waaay back in 2016 it was going away. That’s way too long. It should have been removed much earlier.

We all knew for over 4 years it was being removed. There is no surprises here. Just faux outrage with no justification.

Оправдание будет в прибыли и утери игроков, а это минус прибыль, минус прибыль это минус доход

Ahh yes now the “they lose our business” excuses, more faux outrage, I read the same thing when Amazon removed free shipping for everything and set it to orders above some threshold. They continued to shop there.

Not sure what the problem is, even Linux on Wine and Proton can run it in DX11 mode on YEARS OLD GPU’s.

If you have a problem with your hardware or software on DX11, open a ticket.

В общем считаю, и прошу CCP дать три версии directx. так будет проще