In-Game Viewing Window

I pitch forward the idea of a miniwindow within the game that can focus on any object in space, allowing us to maintain our primary window focused on our ship during activities. The miniwindow would allow us to have a focused view of any selected object.

On the flip side, maybe we’d put our ship in the miniwindow and have our main window focused on our objectives. This would allow a simple and extra layer of situational awareness on the battle/mining/industrial field.

You’d make a lot of players very happy.

2 Likes

I’m also going to pitch a second idea here: Allow total free look from the first person camera. It’s entirely useless with the locked, snap-to mode currently in place.

1 Like

6. Please use the correct language when posting.

The default language for posting on the EVE Online forums is English. Please use English when posting as a courtesy to other forum users, unless the forum channel is specifically created for discussion in another language as part of our localized language specific sub-forums.

Selected Item doesn’t do what you want?

@Laubrani
I would like to have a secondary window to see two different items simultaneously. So I can keep track of my ship, while I’m viewing a selected item. Doesn’t seem unreasonable

1 Like

Other than it’s pretty, there’s zero purpose to this. Eve is Spreadsheets in Space, not a space combat game, the visual representation of your ship is not an accurate representation of your ship. The visual representation of your target is likewise not an accurate representation of your target. The graphics are there to make the spreadsheets more visually appealing, not to facilitate you playing the game.

Yep, it is. It’s an ancient relic of a feature that was eventually abandoned, atmospheric flight. It has no purpose in this game, and should really be removed entirely. Eve’s physics are that of submarine warfare where every object is a sphere, so the first person view is utterly useless. It doesn’t even help with tackling, they still teach you to spiral in with the orbital cameras.

I misunderstood what you wanted.

I don’t see it being unreasonable no, our view is all based om cameras already. Not our eyes.