In ONE sentence, what change would u like to see in eveonline?

You are mistaken.

What I would like to see is the ISD being fair and balanced. If they don’t do that, then nothing else they do or don’t do matters.

Mr Epeen :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Another dude that doesn’t read posts properly…

I’ll quote part of my original post so you can read it properly. There ya go!

Tbh a forum thats rated for adults would be much better.

2 Likes

stop spawning items and market items, eve homepage says that this game is “community-driven spaceship MMO”

Bring back DUST514, pretty plz?

1 Like

You are so refreshingly random.

Mr Epeen :sunglasses:

4 Likes

walk & fight in station

1 Like

My own personal goal was NOT, ever, to only allow those who agree, but rather to simply evict those idiots and trolls who cannot or will not obey caveats laid out in the OP or contribute positively to the thread.

1 Like

Add a new faction that ship required Caldari and Minmatar ship skill.

Blizzard did it with re release of Classic WoW and it was huge success bringing millions of subscribers to the game. At some point there were more people playing Classic than actually playing retail version of WoW…

I would love to play EvE like that… like it was at the very beginning.

Maybe EvE community would need to write some kind of petition for that… :slight_smile:

I doubt you even know what you are asking for.

I didn’t start at the very beginning, just from 2005.

I used to play WoW, even went back to play the classic version until I got bored with it. It’s not just the game that changes overtime we do as well.

Blizzard’s president said something very similar to that before re release of Classic :slight_smile:

Yea sure, everything today seems easier because of access to knowledge. But the main difference for me with Classic was social aspect of it, also effort put into game was rewarding and satisfying, all that doesn’t exists in retail anymore.

In EvE I just loved that you had to figure out everything by yourself also there was no bs like skill injectors which diminish the feeling of achievement from playing the game.
Maybe simply I am old school type who doesn’t like simplification in games just to make them more accessible.

2 Likes

WoW was a different case, there were a lot of people like myself that used to see the original WoW as the best. Part of that was Blizzard’s lazy way of adding expansions by essentially just bolting on a new game without properly integrating it into the old one. There were also a lot of players that had listened to what people like myself had said and had never experienced it, so were curious to what it would be like.

WoW is completely different to EVE in its development.

Yes, sure. But I still would prefer that old version of EVE which for me was more rewarding and fun to play. I guess I am very negative towards today’s monetization of the game and something like skill injectors, it just destroyed whole felling of achievement for me.

1 Like

Actually, what I found that ruined games for me was the addition of an achievement system to MMOs, made worse when they changed them from something you didn’t need to do, then changing at a later date to something you were forced to do in order to progress.

It would be a poor investment for EVE to do a classic version, EVE doesn’t have the numbers that WOW had. I personally think you shouldn’t be asking for a classic EVE, but that doesn’t mean that game play in EVE shouldn’t be more meaningful.

As for monetization you can’t get away from that these days, they have to keep subscriptions as low as possible to attract more players if that is their model. They have profits to make to stay healthy companies and additional cosmetic items or buying currency from them is the easiest and best option for them.

I play ESO, just recently just kitting out a home I’ve spent nearly £200 on it, so as you can see they can make a lot of money especially when you consider a lot of people are doing similar.

Agree about achievements.

We could go away from monetization if players would choose to. Sadly players just like short cuts provided by monetization.
Game can become better and attract more players instead of monetizing those who are already playing. If players would stop completely buying extra things in game for real money company wouldn’t have a choice but would have to make game significantly better to attract more players. There is a danger though that company could run out of money. So, it is a tricky situation.

I would be very happy to pay higher sub and have a game without any monetization at all.

Monetization became a cancer of gaming industry and often companies use that excuse of making extra income just to exploit players to unbelievable levels. CCP just started and is still far away from level of monetization done by EA/Activision/Bethesda/etc…

1 Like

People like myself gaming is a hobby, it’s almost become a way of life. In some ways I’d rather spend money on pixels than cluttering up my real home with even more stuff.

People spend money on hobbies especially if it’s spare money.

From what they make from shops they would have to charge too much, a lot wouldn’t pay it.

I better make this my last reply, the system is telling me off and in a way suggesting we get a room.

Bring CVA back where they belong.

2 Likes

Every awesome aspect of eve besides running around shooting ppl in the face became meaningless, lost any sense of real satisfaction or accomplishment and the game began a lingering death spiral for me the day plex became ingame commodity and I could just plop out a card and buy in 2 minutes what I used to work and strategize for hours or days to achieve. Same way cheat codes ruin single player games, each and everytime you cave in and use them. Everything becomes meaningless.

1 Like

And no one stops you from doing that.
Absolutely nothing and no one.

They don’t. This is a ridiculous thing to say.
No one’s forced to use cheat codes.
It affects no one but the single player.
It’s the single players’ choice to use them.

Holy ■■■■, man …

:roll_eyes: