Incoming Changes to the Orca

CCP’s view is just about the only relevant view and it’s our individual views that are irrelevant. We have no capacity to affect change (and very little capacity to stop change).

CCP have that capacity, so their view on “low attention” gameplay and the desire to reduce it where they see it as an issue, is far more important than the hurf blurf we carry on with.

2 Likes

Which is why these entire fora are a waste of time!

It hasn’t been “demonstrated”. Repeating yourself won’t change that.

That’s hilarious considering the assertion has been substantiated by actual testing.

Yeah. Because you are. And you’re just repeating your lies.

You called me out on my lies, so I’m taking my toys and going home.

mmkay.

I mean. You did just concede, when it was … demonstrated … to you that lying insistently wasn’t going to work on me.

Do you have a link, an actual Dev Post where this is stated? Wait, this post itself has been running for a while and there are no CCP’er comments about the content. An open invitation for CCP to backup just about anything you have offered in this thread. I know that we have CCP Rattati talking about the Rorqual - so how does that morph into Orca must be nerfed?

1 Like

Sure, here’s one:

CCP has made other statements about low or no attention (no attention = AFK, btw) in general.

Because they are both Industrial Command Ships used for long-duration AFK mining. CCP wants to see them in active roles and boosting fleets.

Not saying that it isn’t their stance, but that is probably not going to go over with this crowd as it specifically says “NPC killing activities” as opposed to general activities or mining activities.

EDIT: It wont help that those changes were rolled back due to technical issues anyways :slight_smile:

My second post, way at the top, has a link to an interview with Rattati and the approximate time stamp where he does specifically call out the Orca along with the Rorqual. Its why I created this thread in the first place.

1 Like

So then this is what people claim is fact that orca is bad.

hmmmkay.

That is what is usually referred to as “spin and stretch”.

no.

despite your repeated trying to stretch the term, AFK still stands for “away from keyboard”, not “not paying attention”.

That’s just, like, your personal interpretation. Since you don’t even know what AFK means, then it’s just a soup of words which you actually don’t understand.

Yes, it’s been : what is asserted without a proof, is dismissed without a proof. By showing all your claims on the topic only come from your ignorance on the topic, we (actually, you did it yourself) proved that your claims are wrong.

?
(you can click the anchor to get the link)

2 Likes

@Xuixien just fit a bumper ship bump them to hell and steal their drones. let it go.

1 Like

Another very good reason why people do not AFK with Orcas very often, unless they want to keep replacing drones.

1 Like

I’m sure people will nitpick. But I had cited the carrier/ratting changes as supporting evidence for CCP wanting to move away from low/no-attention gameplay.

Yeah no, nice try. This is gonna go in the “not really” bin. Unless you’re using ‘Harvester’ drones, then you will definitely get bumped in an attempt to steal your drones (or someone like me will show up in a Catalyst with ungrouped guns and delete 2.5bil from your life). If you use ‘Augmented’ drones, maybe. But for T2 drones that most people use? Yeah no, this isn’t going to happen. Spin that narrative tho, Mr. Politician!

Ok?
And?
You keep citing this, but keep wanting to wreck the Orca and make it even more no attention gameplay rather than supporting the ideas which decrease the ability to pay low attention to the Orca.
Your argument is quite simply inconsistent and keeps shifting what it is talking about and what problem you are attempting to address.

2 Likes

My position has been clear and consistent this entire thread: I’d rather the Orca be an AFK booster ship that people park an alt in than an AFK money maker. Sorry you can’t read. Thanks.

The Orca is not an AFK money maker. But removing its drones would make it an AFK ships for sure.

4 Likes

This is the inconsistent part.
If you are citing CCP wanting to move away from low attention gameplay, you can’t use that as support for an idea that makes a particular ship even more low attention than it currently is.

And this is the unproven part.
Yes, people sometimes (at an unknown level) AFK Orcas. However it is inefficient, can only be done in highsec, and happens at lower income rates than barges.
So unless you count “You earned 1 isk” as ‘Money Maker’ it is unproven that AFK Orcas have any significant impact on the economy of EVE or peoples earnings.

2 Likes

Not at all, you’re just twisting things dishonestly. If it’s a boosting ship used on an alt, that very strongly implies (and might even necessitate) active engagement with the mining barge clients.

Except it’s not, it was tested and proven in the thread. Stop being dishonest.

Solo AFK Orca was shown to make about the same as a solo Skiff (exhumer class). Also, the income argument is a red herring, as I’ve already explained earlier. Stop being dishonest.

This is hyperbole because you know your argument is weak and depends on lies and exaggeration.

You can’t argue in good faith and just keep repeating lies, so back in 24 hour time-out you go. Thanks.

As the rules aren’t being followed and the conversation is going nowhere, I’m closing this thread. Thank you.