Increase the warp speed of capsules

(Dimitri Morvaine) #1

What is it with the capsules warp speed? Why is it just 2Au/s? Its not like its carrying anything. You might say implants… well guess what… you cant destroy a ship that is in warp state. You can only destroy a ship before it warps or after it stops warping. Warp speed has nothing to do with a ship that is not warping. So I do not see why the warp speed of the capsule is 2 Au/s. In my opinion the warp speed of a capsule should be the fastest warp speed compared to all ships. I suggest the warp speed of a capsule should be 100 Au/s

(Sepheir Sepheron) #2

Smartbombs can destroy pods even when in warp.

(Dimitri Morvaine) #3

Looks like someone does not take a look at their speedometer when they are getting hit by a smart bomb. Your capsule is slows down when it gets hit by a smart bomb. But still does not answer the question to why just 2au/s. Why not 100 Au/s?

(Sepheir Sepheron) #4

Warp speed affects warp acceleration and deceleration. For example see how fast you land in a leopard then see how fast you land in a freighter. The vulnerability window of a pod doing 100au would be nearly zero thus making it too safe for non null travel.

(Dimitri Morvaine) #5

Its says no where in the books that one can’t use a smart bomb in high sec as long as their safety is turned to criminal. I literally used a interpretation of what you said in the first answer. In this situation it does not matter whether you are warping or not.

Sorry. I was not trying to be mean when using your first example.

(Sepheir Sepheron) #6

I’m not talking about where or when smartbombs can do anything. I’m talking about the reason pods do not warp 100au/s.

(Dimitri Morvaine) #7

But there is nothing in a pod though. Then why not make it as fast a leopard?

(Sepheir Sepheron) #8

Because there would be no risk and no point in buying a shuttle or travel interceptor. The game is already way too safe.

(Dimitri Morvaine) #9

But a shuttle has space. Who knows, one might be carrying 100 titan blue prints in shuttle. Where as there is nothing one can put in a capsule. Instead a shuttle should get its speed reduced to 2 Au/s.

(Sepheir Sepheron) #10

Pods aren’t meant for travel they’re meant as an escape pod when the ship you’re in explodes. If you want to travel fast buy a ship for that purpose.

(Dimitri Morvaine) #11

Oh no wonder I feel slow when I travel in a pod. Thanks for the info.

(Sepheir Sepheron) #12

Not sure if troll.

(Uriel the Flame) #13

Wish he was trolling. Check his created threads history and you’ll see he is actually serious with his suggestions. :facepalm:

(Lugh Crow-Slave) #14

Because shuttle’s exist.

(Krysenth) #15

Because technically the pod can only house enough mechanics for “sub-light” engines, and barely strong ones at that. Where do think they’d put the warp core at?

(Daichi Yamato) #16

Pods aren’t meant to be a good way to travel. Same reason you’re not getting a cargo hold on it.

If it’s free (like a noob ship or a capsule) then it’s not very good. What we want you to do is buy things from the market…like shuttles or frigates.

(Annah Tsero) #17

Nice troll thread fam
Inb4 :lock:

(Salt Foambreaker) #18

This 100%, if people are using pods to travel then IMHO lets make them slower.

(Old Pervert) #19

Honestly… were it not for implants I’d be happy to see a ship destruction result in you waking up in your medical clone.

Just the same… I’d still kind of like to see pods not be a thing at all. In null you lose your pod most of the time anyways on account of bubbles.

(Salt Foambreaker) #20

Well, you know…

We could always…

Throw up a suspect flag on all pods :skull: