Increase the warp speed of capsules

What is it with the capsules warp speed? Why is it just 2Au/s? Its not like its carrying anything. You might say implants… well guess what… you cant destroy a ship that is in warp state. You can only destroy a ship before it warps or after it stops warping. Warp speed has nothing to do with a ship that is not warping. So I do not see why the warp speed of the capsule is 2 Au/s. In my opinion the warp speed of a capsule should be the fastest warp speed compared to all ships. I suggest the warp speed of a capsule should be 100 Au/s

Smartbombs can destroy pods even when in warp.

Looks like someone does not take a look at their speedometer when they are getting hit by a smart bomb. Your capsule is slows down when it gets hit by a smart bomb. But still does not answer the question to why just 2au/s. Why not 100 Au/s?

Warp speed affects warp acceleration and deceleration. For example see how fast you land in a leopard then see how fast you land in a freighter. The vulnerability window of a pod doing 100au would be nearly zero thus making it too safe for non null travel.

2 Likes

Its says no where in the books that one can’t use a smart bomb in high sec as long as their safety is turned to criminal. I literally used a interpretation of what you said in the first answer. In this situation it does not matter whether you are warping or not.

Sorry. I was not trying to be mean when using your first example.

I’m not talking about where or when smartbombs can do anything. I’m talking about the reason pods do not warp 100au/s.

But there is nothing in a pod though. Then why not make it as fast a leopard?

Because there would be no risk and no point in buying a shuttle or travel interceptor. The game is already way too safe.

2 Likes

But a shuttle has space. Who knows, one might be carrying 100 titan blue prints in shuttle. Where as there is nothing one can put in a capsule. Instead a shuttle should get its speed reduced to 2 Au/s.

Pods aren’t meant for travel they’re meant as an escape pod when the ship you’re in explodes. If you want to travel fast buy a ship for that purpose.

1 Like

Oh no wonder I feel slow when I travel in a pod. Thanks for the info.

Not sure if troll.

Wish he was trolling. Check his created threads history and you’ll see he is actually serious with his suggestions. :facepalm:

1 Like

Because shuttle’s exist.

Because technically the pod can only house enough mechanics for “sub-light” engines, and barely strong ones at that. Where do think they’d put the warp core at?

1 Like

Pods aren’t meant to be a good way to travel. Same reason you’re not getting a cargo hold on it.

If it’s free (like a noob ship or a capsule) then it’s not very good. What we want you to do is buy things from the market…like shuttles or frigates.

Nice troll thread fam
Inb4 :lock:

This 100%, if people are using pods to travel then IMHO lets make them slower.

Honestly… were it not for implants I’d be happy to see a ship destruction result in you waking up in your medical clone.

Just the same… I’d still kind of like to see pods not be a thing at all. In null you lose your pod most of the time anyways on account of bubbles.

Well, you know…

We could always…

Throw up a suspect flag on all pods :skull: