Industrial Core = Sitting Duck

i think last time you mined in HS was in 2008

You still never defined a system “worth” mining in.

For me a system worth mining in is something with low traffic volume that is max 30 jumps from jita.

I can’t put a number on how many systems qualify for that definition. Research explore. They are out there.

But you do need at least one alt. Too bad you sold the Orca. Used with an alt flying an exhumer you can clear out all the high and mid value ores in 8 belts in about 8 hours. Takes 2 runs of an Obelisk to get it to a refinery, or just cash out somewhere nearby.

1 Like

I shouldn’t have to put that time or effort in. The game should have 500 belts in Jita with all the different types of ores, and anyone mining in those belts are immune to non-consensual PvP.

Actually, all those gankers should have their accounts banned for life and their local law enforcement notified that they are micro-aggressors and nasty people in RL so they can be arrested and removed from proper society.

There is no early warning or risk assessment that can save you if the core is active. A gank can squad can travel several systems and you wont get a warning.

Your ONLY warning is local spike and D-scan seeing catalysts if your D-scan (14 AU) reaches the gate. In a larger system you wont see anything on D-scan, only the local spike. If your indy core is active you cannot warp out in time, you’re dead. The thing with you is that your hate for carebears as you call them is far greater than your objectivity.

If the indy core is NOT active, as soon as you see local spike there are several things you can do not to get ganked. What I was saying is that once the core is active, you are a sitting duck.

Things you can do if core not active…You can keep an alt ship in the hangars, as soon as local spikes, get the orca to start warping, switch ships immediately and dual web the orca, which will insta warp. You can use a micro jump unit and in 12 seconds you warp out. Gank cannot stop it.

Things you ca do if core is active … NONE…warp out the hulk and hope the gank does not have enough DPS to burn through the 600k EHP orca before concord shows up.

1 Like

That would be glorious. Seeing thousands of carebears bicker for them rocks in TiDi causing them to mine one cycle every hour.

:face_with_hand_over_mouth: :upside_down_face: :popcorn:

I am alpha and even if I was omega I can’t fly Orca so I cannot test it, but I see at least 2 possible ways to survive the gank and that is excluding usage of more than 1 alts/friend. If you have multiple alts/friends on the grid then there are at least 2 more options, but probably much more than that. Hint: it has to do something with Orca’s ship bay.

Why yes, that is true. If you see a large sudden spike in local you should probably turn off your core and pre align you ship. Ping d-scan every 3 seconds at 14.2 amu. If you see an army of cats pop up, warp out.

What’s so difficult about this?

Citation and proof is needed. Please link. Otherwise this claim is just ad hominem. Thank you.

Oh, I didn’t think about that. Imagine all the crying on the forums as well.

How about this. If they are in a mining ship, docked at 4-4 the game gives them free Veldspar ore equal to the mining mod + any buffs every mining mod cycle. That way they can just sit in a station, get their veldpsar and watch Netflix safe and sound with no competition of resources whatsoever.

Apparently you don’t even catch what Scarabeus Sacer is saying…

I’ll explain it again… The core has a cycle time of 3 minute DURING that time you have -100% speed. At no point does the cycle stop before it’s allotted time. Both of those together mean no aligning or warping while the core is running it’s current cycle. Giving any gank attempt a near perfect target.

Before you go all defensive and insulting, the changes were not without merit and I’m fine because of them. Either people accept the change or find something else

So?
Risk vs. Reward

This accusation right here, is a classic example of projection.

I really could care less.

1 Like

And? Freighters are also near perfect gank targets? 20+ sec align. Plenty of time to set up a gank. Freighters (except bowhead) have no mid slots to tank.

Completely agree every time when CCP changes something we got threads like this. Mining update, Moon changes, Trig Invasion updates, so on and so on. You know what? We do accept it or find something else. It’s CCP’s game after all EVE is in their vision with limited feedback from us.

1 Like

With industrial core II and some maxed skills you can hoover up enture belts and build fleets to provide newbs with buffs and compression along the way.

Wtf is the op moaning about.

This ia how you avoid a gank. Know where people gank and don’t go to those areas.

3 Likes

The scooping is and was done by the barge alts, not the command ship, which, despite the crab module doesn’t have a lot of mining yield. The alts don’t need the command ship to crab up in order to scoop a belt, and the bonus for crabbing up, in terms of foreman buff, is neglectible, too.

What matters is that w/o the compression module, you need a hauling ship to get the ores into the refinery, and with the compressor, you don’t need it. The crab module introduces an alternative to the hauler dropping to a refinery procedure, but it doesn’t end up in more yield. Further, it doesn’t yield into less clickery crap, either.

• Classic:

• Hauler

• Select all items in the fleet hangar of your on-grid-ore dump (orca)… takes 1 shortcut
      • Drag everything into the hauler
      • Select Refinery on the Overview
      • Hit Warp
      • Open Deposit on the Athanor that is still selected from the time you hit warp on it
      • Select everything in the hauler by hitting the select all shortcut
      • Drag into Deposit
      • Confirm
      • Right click Space
      • select Locations
      • select your Ping
      • click Warp Zero
      • click on the Orca in the overview
      • select approach
      • once aligned, select warp
      • right click orca that is still selected from the time you hit warp
      • select open fleet hangar
      • press the keep distance button
    • Barges

• drag ore into the Orca

→ total of clickCount = bargeCount + 18 every 4 minutes

• Year 2022 compression crab:

• Hauler:

• not needed
    • Barges:

• select all ore in the inventory using the shortcut
      • right click the ore
      • select compress
      • confirm compress
      • close the compression dialog

→ total of clickCount = 5 * bargeCount every 4 minutes

So you’re not even clicking less, assuming you have enough barge alts to satisfy
5 * bargeCound > bargeCount + 18
which is usually the case when “cleansing belts” and “building fleets” is being talked about.

Made some tests with a friend, most of my ideas didn’t work like filamenting to Pochven, so indeed warping out before gankers arrive is impossible if Industrial Core is enabled.

There are however two ways how to save the ship. Not 100% reliable and they require alt or friend at a keyboard, but you can make gankers fail.

Who in their right mind ganks an Orca that isn’t used as a glorified freighter?

Boosting Orcas can easily hit 500k eHP, gankers have a thousand better things to do with their time.

1 Like

Look out everyone, this internet toughguy has forum warrioring trained to 5. XD

1 Like

They do, yet they still choose to spend it ganking anyway. I understand many or most of them do it for the income it generates. I like to picture these players as operating out of some po-dunk internet cafe in BFE thirdworldlandia where they can make one ganking video for youtube and feed their village for a month. Just think of the children your venture loss is saving!

1 Like

This is why gankers should rejoice at these changes. Now whenever they gank barges or exhumers even more juicy loot drops from them! There’s no reason for any of them to even post replies on these forums, they’re getting everything they could ever want directly from the devs served up fresh on a silver platter.