Internet Self-Defence & Sexual Harassment. An important subject. With clarification

Yo.

Not a B4R as much as a few ideas for those new to Internet Trolls etc:

Obviously the Unicorn Joke is the Unicorn Joke. Clearly there is no such thing as a female EVE Pilot, and it’s all just cleverly manipulated pixels & voice-masks. No sir, your wife does not exist; even though she just shot my ass off with a set of Rapid Heavies and a drone ball.

No it’s true nods.

But, that’s just joking.

In real life you will get some right eejits trying it on. No, they won’t have lost their heart to a starship trooper*. Yes, they are ass-hats. So what do FC?

Jokes are jokes, but if you do get a douche pop 'em or Troll 'em.

1. Can you hot-drop a Titan?

2. Boobs?: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blue-footed_booby

3. Shags?: https://www.rspb.org.uk/birds-and-wildli…/wildlife-guides/…/

4. A cracking pair of Tits?: https://www.bto.org/…/new-evidence-impacts-winter-feeding-b…

5. Maybe a Frigate Swarm?

A key thing about sexual predators is that they always have a get out clause. So you have to clarify intent.

And how do you tell if someone is joking? Banter is the new excuse in some cases.

And there are those who WILL show up in your town having traveled 200 miles…

So…

1 screen shot is NOT enough.

If you intend to grass then you have to play with your prey. So you send them a picture of a birdy. They say “that’s not what I meant, I meant this”… And that is them clarifying their intent further.

Ev voila, a much more solid case should you need it.

You don’t have to put up with Sexual Harassment. By all means send them a picture of a cracking pair of Blue-tits, or a fine image of an Orkney Shag. It’s what they wanted after all. What? :slight_smile:

Love can happen in any internet social environment, but if it is not consenting then return fire!!!

Have fun :slight_smile:

I cant make heads or tails of this.

Send them a picture of a bird when they say ‘send nudes’. Troll the hell out of them.

I can’t make tails nor heads of this.

Id recommend not responding, and taking a screenshot of sexual harassment in-game and send it to CCP via report.

If its happening outside of game proper, file a complaint to FC/Corp leadership operating that communication channel. If they ignore you, or refuse to address it, escalate the issue to CCP with all evidence you have at hand.

“Feeding” trolls and sexual-harassers with pics of birds is giving them the attention they want, and only encourages them.

Have you any sliced pan?

I’m gettin the shakes here.

I only read OPs name and already knew what to expect in the post… An incoherent mess based on false believes and misinformation, as usual. I’m surprised he’s still playing EVE. I don’t think even Salty McTengu was that dedicated playing clearly the wrong game.

2 Likes

Agreed.

Sexual-harassers should not be coddled with pics of birds.
Report them.

Note the difference between banter and sexual harassment though.
Its a fine line, but its there.

It is true that most miners and anti-gankers can be very toxic when they loose a PvP fight. CODE. agents have been trained to the highest standard, so it is not an issue for us, but other players may at times be disturbed by their ranting and raving in local.

1 Like

Oh gods, here we go…

Right…

I’ll use little words or those having trouble keeping up.

A key thing about sexual predators is that they always have a get out clause. So you have to clarify intent.

And how do you tell if someone is joking? Banter is the new excuse in some cases.

And there are those who WILL show up in your town having traveled 200 miles…

So…

1 screen shot is NOT enough.

If you intend to grass then you have to play with your prey. So you send them a picture of a birdy. They say “that’s not what I meant, I meant this”… And that is them clarifying their intent further.

Ev voila, a much more solid case should you need it.

Basic law 101. Clarification of intent.

Take note Armchair experts.

You know that mouth-watering sensation you get when the scent of a quality steak or pork chop on the BBQ wafts past you?

I’ve always wondered if vegans get that same sensation when someone mows the lawn.

4 Likes

Geez, why even bother with that? If someone asked me to send them a nude, it would be quite easy for me to either 1) comply (not likely), 2) chuckle and ignore it, or 3) just totally ignore it and move on.

People are insanely sensitive nowadays. They wouldn’t have lasted a day where I grew up. I often wonder if most of this is just trolling… but fear that it isn’t.

1 Like

Look at me mommy look at me!!

/rolleyes

1 Like

Yeah, it really isn’t much of an issue when you don’t show up in the first place :joy:

1 Like

I’d like to add another super serious note. Sexual predation can also make a male a victim & a female an abuser.

While many of you are at work your wive’s are docking in my citadel taking advantage of my low tax rates.

Online? Ignore it. Want to help people deal with internet trolls? Tell them not to feed the trolls. Problem solved.

Yeah, this one is getting closed.

Please see our Terms of Service and EULA for what’s considered unacceptable in terms of behaviour.

Harassment is harassment, regardless of gender or gender identity. Report it.

2 Likes