Into The Abyss Ship Selection

Even your RF battery fit still rely on T2 AB, which is so slow, that I can not understand how you succeed with 635 m/s where I fail with 993. I understand, that speed and sig is not everything (shield rigs boost your Eagle sig, Vagabond has 115 m) but I am still very much puzzled how you make everything in-time…

You need resists your vaga fit above needs an invul you can also try swapping the asb with large t2sb and 2nd web with a large battery
You could experiment to see if u need 2te instead of 3gyro and replace those rigs with anything that helps your guns or sb cap usage there are rigs for both

Practice. Reading http://hoboleaks.space/ in my spare time to understand the constraints of each npc type. and a lot of quick thinking. again its not fool proof. its not just all doom and gloom like a lot of people are saying.

Also on TQ i would use a faction web and faction AB. but i cba to source those on SISI (and if i can manage with t2 on sisi, the use of those faction mods on TQ will just be additional comfort zone stuff). I do however use the RF large cap battery on SISI cause to not use it would require a gimping of the fit. (ie the fit you have linked there which is out of date)

High end content should be high end and require you to think. tier 4 and above filaments do require suitable hardwiring implants and drugs. And that IMO is how it should be. T5 to get any sort of comfort would require mid-grade crystals.

Having looked into shield boosters, i think the vaga (given its limited 4 mid slots) would be best served by using a pithum a-type repper which provides the most optimal hp/gj cap, which alleviates the need for a cap battery and allows a web, invul and prop mod.

I will preface that though by stating that that is only a thought experiment, i am yet to test it simply because i think the vaga is in a bad place right now as a shield tanked ship and deserves an additional mid slot to make it competative with the other HACs.

I found it doesn’t need a web at all you are fast enough to drag stuff behind you and hit them well

1 Like

is that utilising a MWD though? cause ab vaga seems to require a web.

Ab vaga

interesting. again haven’t tested since latest build update so can’t comment beyond that.

You also need to prioritize stuff like snare drones etc or entanglers

Can you know what is inside just by watching the name of filament?

no. this content is designed so that the spawns are randomly generated upon entry to the filament. that includes the landscape, features (like towers and clouds) and the NPCs. However, when you do dive into a filament, you do have 2 or 3 seconds before the pocket resolves in which the HUD shows the first pockets spawns which if you react quickly enough and have done enough runs to know how to respond to each type of spawn gives you some vital seconds to act before the npcs begin targetting you.

But I read earlier that someone encountered a wreck of some previous explorer inside. :thinking:

CCP stated that that was a bug and that incident occurred during initial testing a few weeks ago. and that doesn’t provide any information about what spawns you may encounter in a pocket…

what has become clear though is the possibility that the pockets players are entering may be static and discrete in number (and not just random generating pockets of space). However, the spawns encountered within those pockets most certainly are random and therefore not predictable by the filament description.

All the filament tells you is the severity of the pocket and the weather effects that will be encountered within.

Exactly how much succesfull runs with the same expensive fit is possible untill it see death inside? Somebody tried that?

Hard to say. im sure lots of people have. its not a clear cut thing because if you arent concentrating or mess up you are much more likely to die to the timer.

I suggest you get testing the content yourself and determine your success ratio yourself as everyone has different play styles, approaches, reaction speeds etc which in this time-limited content plays about as big a part in whether you succeed or fail as your fit does.

You aren’t going to be able to learn how to succeed in abyssal filaments 9 times out of 10 just by reading forum posts for example.

I usually avoid playing on Sisi because it feels a bit like cheating.

I think I figured out what is the worst for me in these sites already, just thinking about running them.
You cant go back into pocket and try different fit to complete it anyway. To figure out how could you do things diferently that would be ok. On Sisi you can just throw away fit after fit and try different pockets, losing ship in each, but on the Tranquility such learning method would be compromised. So its like you MUST first learn on sisi.

if thats the case then why are you asking people… either test it. or wait until it drops on TQ…

honestly thinking about running them without any experience of actually running them wont help you one jot…

not necessarily. only those who wish to invest heavily in the abyss - ie by doing t4-5 filaments on TQ would benefit from extended testing on SISI.

But seeing as you are clearly interested your reluctance to use the test server seems self-defeating.

CCP do have SISI as a test server for a reason though, to allow players to test stuff. Using that service can hardly be considered cheating (unless you wish it to be).

The choice is yours.

I was thinking about trying them without cheating my way into it. But I see its not the case, you certainly have seen that I wrote that you MUST learn on sisi. Now I only have to decide if I want to run these sites at all, or just stick with my preferred way of playing…

Deciding…

Figured it out.

Not gona bother. :sunglasses:

I hope you are right.
So here is the second fit I plan to test:
[Vagabond, Abyss LSB T2]

Assault Damage Control II
Tracking Enhancer II
Gyrostabilizer II
Gyrostabilizer II
Gyrostabilizer II

Large Shield Booster II
10MN Afterburner II
Large Compact Pb-Acid Cap Battery
Adaptive Invulnerability Field II

220mm Vulcan AutoCannon II, Republic Fleet Phased Plasma M
Rapid Light Missile Launcher II, Inferno Fury Light Missile

Medium Anti-Explosive Screen Reinforcer II
Medium Anti-Kinetic Screen Reinforcer II

Acolyte II x5

Eifyr and Co. ‘Rogue’ Navigation NN-603
Eifyr and Co. ‘Gunslinger’ Motion Prediction MR-703
Eifyr and Co. ‘Gunslinger’ Medium Projectile Turret MP-803
Inherent Implants ‘Lancer’ Gunnery RF-903
Agency ‘Pyrolancea’ DB5 Dose II
Antipharmakon Iokira
Antipharmakon Thureo

Inferno Precision Light Missile x200
Hail M x3000
Republic Fleet Phased Plasma M x5000
Inferno Fury Light Missile x400
Nanite Repair Paste x500

No webifiers, cap stable even with meta battery. Rely on speed (959 m/s T2, over 1000 with Fed. navy AB) and small sig (still under 130 m even with rigs…). Tank is really weak (less, than 500 EHP / S) so you stop = you are dead. DPS vs battleships got little better cause I manage to sqeeze RLML in it.

Want to thank a lot both Dark Engraver and Loreline Farcloud for helping out those, who do not have time to test theory crafting :wink:

Faction modules start to get more and more expensive every minute… Including shield boosters. I guess someone plan to make money on poor Abyss runners. So I deliberately plan to try T2 fit first. Unlike deadspace, price for navy modules should be OK, though. Mission runners should be able to dump plenty of them, so thrid suggested fit can look like:

[Eagle, Abyss Navy Issue ]

Assault Damage Control II
Magnetic Field Stabilizer II

Republic Fleet Large Cap Battery
Federation Navy 10MN Afterburner
Large Shield Booster II
Stasis Webifier II

Heavy Ion Blaster II, Caldari Navy Antimatter Charge M

Medium Anti-EM Screen Reinforcer II
Medium Anti-EM Screen Reinforcer II

Acolyte II x5

Eifyr and Co. ‘Rogue’ Navigation NN-603
Eifyr and Co. ‘Gunslinger’ Motion Prediction MR-703
Zainou ‘Deadeye’ Medium Hybrid Turret MH-803
Eifyr and Co. ‘Gunslinger’ Surgical Strike SS-903
Antipharmakon Thureo
Antipharmakon Iokira
Agency ‘Pyrolancea’ DB5 Dose II

Null M x6199
Caldari Navy Antimatter Charge M x5030
Nanite Repair Paste x227

Sorry, Loreline :wink:

1 Like

no worries. but you are still miles off the current fit i use. I just can’t link it as I’m at work. haha but on the other hand if you are going to try to post my fit please get it right. faction web!!! never use acolytes as em is least effective in the abyss. and the slot 6 implant should be an Inherent Implants ‘Squire’ EO-603.

In terms of your vaga. i highly highly suggest the use of a Pithum A-type medium shield booster. your rep/cap use will be much better, with a smoother tank, due to rapid low energy cycling and it will alleviate the need for the battery allowing either a boost amplifier or second AIF II.

1 Like