Introducing the HyperNet Relay

Now you’re moving goalposts.

I don’t see the drug dealers responsibility for the personal life of of the drug addicts they ruin. I don’t see the responsbility of the weapon’s manufactorers to people shooting themselves with it. Even the guy who organizes assasination contracts just talks to ppl who want to shell out for murder and those willing to do it. No responsbility here. lol. Just supply and demand.
Something beeing possible doesnt make it “right”. Something not allowed to be sold legally isn’t worthless because of it.

You mean like you are currently doing? Except for the addition of you trying to force something that is clearly documented as both addictive and destructive on the rest of the game.

But of course you’re different right? You’re not one of 3 or 4 people in this entire thread trying to promote this disgusting idea so you’re definitely not “1% of the population dictating…”.
Good effort but piss-poor fail.

Been gone for almost the whole day and this is not even close to being over with. CCP really screwed the putsch big time. And it is the 2nd time in 5 month they are screwing things…And still no CCP response to any of this on forums…

If someone steals your drugs you can’t sue them for the money because they are illegal. There are differences in legal definition between something having “value” and being able to legally tie monetary value to something.

@Brisc_Rubal take a look here 💁‍♀️ 𝐇𝐲𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐍𝐞𝐭 (𝐏𝐨𝐥𝐥), 𝐩𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐞 𝐯𝐨𝐭𝐞
Right now it says 66% disapprove of having a gambling feature in EVE 19% don’t care and only 15% approve
Maybe your denyal of reality also explains why you thought it was a good idea in the first place?

2 Likes

Lol and they claim weed is a gateway drug yet many countries are working on legalizing it. Many are the very same countries that are working on more gambling legislation. LOL.

Tobacco, Alcohol, Weed, all of it can have many purposes. Its like with lead. Sometimes its useful, sometimes its deadly poison. Needs to be strictly regulated.

Anyway, I do not see why gambling is useful for anything than greedy people making cassinos to get richer, as CCP is doing right now.

House always wins.

Handed out free, loaded sub-machine-guns on the street would probably make less than 1% actually use them on ppl. Is that something we should do though?

Wow. 148 respondents in a self-selected poll. What a representative sample.

Get out of here with that weak nonsense.

2 Likes

Can you provide any evidence to support this?

CCP is greedy and they are not much different from those people in las vegas running cassinos, where they make millions of dollars facilitating gambling and where peple lose fortunes to addiction.

Las Vegas was basically founded by mafia.

With Siegel’s imagination and great organizational skills and the money of the Mafia , the first gambling resort of Las Vegas - The Flamingo - opened on December 26, 1946. It was the first of many Mafia -financed resorts. Las Vegas proved to be a very profitable and legal business for the Mafia .

Yes, he’s claiming 99% are for it or ambivalent.
Look at said poll or read a few of the posts in this thread - that’s the evidence for his wrong being.

Gambling has been around for much longer than either the mafia or Vegas existed. Also this has nothing to do with EVE whatsoever.

1 Like

I mean, just look. You have a dozen people here screaming about how this is violating gambling laws, when it’s not. You have a bunch of people crying about how is going to kill eve, just like every other patch. etc.

There’s so little brain activity taking place here, it’s no wonder CCP doesn’t interact. I actually feel sorry for them given that they have to deal with braindeads who get worked up without even knowing why, like this guy:

And what about the thousands of players who are okay and aren’t crying about it?

Are you suggesting that the, what, 60 ish people who voted on the poll are representative of the entire playerbase? Lmao.

2 Likes

As long as it existed it was always condemned, and in some parts of world its banned.

Because its unethical.

The poll doesn’t matter. Even if a majority don’t like it who cares? They don’t have to partake in it. You are not forced to do every single activity in EVE just because they are there. No-one is holding a gun to your head. So just don’t use it if you dislike it. I know that is a difficult concept to understand but if you work really hard you might grasp it one day.

By what percentage would be my question on that.

How so? To you it might be. To others, it’s not. Some can handle it, others cant

I don’t care either way.

1 Like

I claimed that 99% of the population doesn’t have a gambling addiction, as that was what the other guy and I were discussing, and that’s in line with the data I’ve seen. I have no idea what the EVE community as a whole thinks of this addition given 1) most people know nothing about it (only a minority read the forums and reddit) and 2) there’s no way to get accurate polling from a self selected sample.

I’m not claiming this is popular - I have no need to do that. The popularity is irrelevant. I couldn’t care less whether it’s popular or not. My point is that it’s not the horrendous thing some people are making it out to be.

3 Likes

What evidence do you have that people who don’t join the debate here are “for it or ambivalent”
I’d suggest you go tell those people that their opinion is needed here, otherwhise it makes you and brisc look like you’re talking out of your asses…