Invasion - is NOT FUN

Wow, aren;t you the brave internet warrior.

1 Like

i just want to make the forum better and prevent the infestation of " the game su$k i quit topics ", nothing personal

But changing a game mechanic is not “forcing” you to do anything, that just doesn’t make sense. A sandbox always have rules no matter how much of a sandbox it is.

Your rant is just as legitimate as the rant of someone who would cry because CCP “FORCE” him to take gates to travel between systems, but he want to fly between systems with only warp instead.

Or because he want to play with missiles on a Punisher but he can’t so he cry because CCP “FORCE” him to put turrets on his Punisher.

That’s just pathetic cries backed-up by fake reasoning, where you try to make yourself look like a genius, and fail.

The only sandbox where you trully have no rules is your imagination. Sadly it’s hard to turn into an actual online video game.

7 Likes

“That’s just pathetic cries backed-up by fake reasoning, where you try to make yourself look like a genius, and fail.”
TBH, your misplaced reply made me feel like a genius all the same :slight_smile:
An ingame mechanic can ‘force’ you into a certain playstyle whether you want it or not. Highsec carebears are highsec carebears for a reason. They do NOT want to partake in nullsec politics/warfare/PvP. By definition of their title ‘carebear’. Get it yet? The CCP videos boasting about the ‘sandbox’ element of the game claims you can be a pirate, a industry captain, an alliance leader, a spy, a theif, anything you want etc etc. Changing the game mechanics to force you to play in a different way to the ‘sandbox’ you joined (mining, mission running etc) removes that 'sandbox element. It is not my fault you fail to comprehend the reasoning.

3 Likes

Well, unless the mechanic go as far as taking control of my ship, I doubt it could ever force me into anything. If I don’t like it, I don’t play with the mechanic. End of the story.

They still don’t have to.

No it doesn’t. It changes it, maybe. It doesn’t “remove” it.

As stated in my previous post, there will always be rules. They were rules already in the sandbox you joined at the beginning. Those rules are bound to change sometimes, for various reasons. You might like the changes, you might not. That’s up to you. But the sandbox is not removed, it’s changed.

And as far as I know, there have been no change significant enough to make obsolete an entire “playstyle”, even less the playstyle of High-sec players who pretty much haven’t been affected at all, considering that they just, as you said yourself, mind their own business. A few changes in how you mine a rock or how much ISK this rock is worth is not “changing the miners playstyle”, and is definitelly not removing it either.

Because there is no reasoning, just nice sentences that fails to actually be justified when you look a bit closer behind it.

It’s always nice to write “Woh they are literally removing the Sandbox!” to catch the attention. A bit less nice when the reader realise it’s just an empty cry behind it, because you disliked a small change somewhere in the game.

2 Likes

Irony, thy name is annoing.

2 Likes

This is just wrong. You play within the constraints of the game. The game has new constraints. This isn’t different from Sanshas invasions and you’ve ALWAYS had to adapt to the PvP landscape and wardecs.

You don’t get to play Eve in a way you yourself determine. You get to play Eve within the setting of Eve. That setting currently means getting shot at by Trigs. It means getting suicide ganked. You’ve never been able to ignore threat in this game, only minimise it. If a player needs to move five jumps over to keep doing their thing that’s not taking anything away from them. Your argument is completely facile.

Adapt or die.

I’m not dictating anything. The game is the game. The difference here is I’m able to do everything and anything I want in this game without any major issues, but one tiny, easily solved disruption has completely ■■■■ on your bonfire.

Ego has nothing to do with it. I don’t think you understand what ego or god complex means.

I’m not forcing anyone to play in any particular way. The game is doing that. The game has always done that. I’m super OK with players that can’t handle five jumps in highsec getting “forced” out of the game, though. If that’s how you feel, I pity you.

4 Likes

Another person who doesn’t know the meaning of the word “Force”.

Or “Box” either it seems

2 Likes

Have the Eve forums always had this high proportion of wimps, or is it a recent phenomenon ?

I came to eve for the sandbox feeling, somehow the sand is slipping away.

1 Like

there’s no invasion in nullsec. Jussaying.

2 Likes

If you can’t handle adapting, MMOs aren’t for you.

I hear windows still comes with solitaire, you might want to give that a try.

You won’t be missed.

What do you say in these situations? … It is on the tip of my tongue … arghhh

That’s no use, it’s a game he might still lose occasionally…

First they complained about the PvP, and even though I disagreed, I understood why they did it.

But now they’re complaining about PvE, and I really can’t wrap my mind around it. I thought they liked PvE? I thought that PvE was their entire play style? Can someone explain this to me?

I mean maybe, just maybe, the real issue isn’t that they dislike any specific set of actions or circumstances, such as suicide-ganking, or NPC spawns in their belts while they mine; what they truly dislike is the concept of any sort of difficulty or challenge.

I’m starting to think that these people don’t actually give two craps about losing their ships to pirates, or having to travel to avoid danger, or whatever. What they are arguing for is the change of the gaming experience into one in which they log in, press a button (or maybe have the button be automatically pressed for them by the game), and have the game deposit some amount of ISK into their wallets with a pop-up message stating “Congratulations! You have played very well today! You have been rewarded for your efforts!”

You can’t be a pirate if the players you are trying to pirate can selectively opt out of being pirated.

8 Likes

They want to play a theme park MMO where the PvP is mechanically opt in and the progression is finite, predictable, documented and completeable.

When they say the word sandbox they don’t really care about the sandbox it’s doublespeak about not liking having their sandcastle kicked over. The sand and the box are still there, the complaint is disingenuous it’s the castle they’re protecting.

You’re right on the money that they just want to be able to log in and know that given x hours play time they will have n more isk in their wallet.

But that’s not Eve and it’s never been Eve.

5 Likes

Not just that, but it hasn’t been gaming in general. Why would anyone want to play a game if they don’t want to be challenged in some capacity? That goes against the very nature of gaming.

People are different and I respect that, but why are they here? They can just read a book or watch a television show instead, and we can all still respect each other and get along fine in life.

Why bother buying a video game and then spending their entire time just complaining about how it doesn’t give them what they want?

5 Likes

It would be cool if you could explain who you are referring to in the underlined words above. I may 100% agree with you or think you are a total moron depending on who you define “they” as.

1 Like

It is kind of weird how people see forum posts from StrangeGuyA, then a week later ComplainerB, then 2 posts from WellKnownTroll, and sort of generalize into existence this whole mythical population of ‘highsec carebears who don’t actually want to play EVE but insist their demands for auto-play be met’.

Just a brief tip for @Brun_Warbear, @Destiny_Corrupted and the many others who reference these mythical populations: 90% of the gaming population in almost any game never even use the forums. Of the less than 10% who do, the people you see ‘frequently’ expressing opinions (read, the couple times a month some topic comes up) represent something like 1% of the player base. The ‘repeated demands’ you refer to are generally the same 20-30 posters who reply to everything in the same way. None of these people have any influence on how CCP designs the game or makes changes.

If you want to find out what people are actually doing and really want, just take a look at the MERs and the spikes and dips in the login count, the market tracking websites, and the occasional set of statistics published by CCP.

1 Like

Who generalised? I was commenting based solely on posts in this thread, meaning my comments were restricted to a subset of this thread’s participants.