Invasion ship of choice

Did you look at its damage output, notice the types and the highest listed is em, but they actually do high thermal and explosive.
That alone should show something s not right.

It’s a Liminal Kikimora. It does EM/KIN damage with missiles on top of it’s gun.

Here is one with a normal damage profile:

1 Like

Look here https://www.eveonline.com/article/ps0g7i/patch-notes-for-eve-online-invasion

I think this might be the newest update and it looks like EM might be best lol :joy:

But who knows for sure lol :joy:

Also ship bonuses to missile dmg can make another kind of dmg more effective then what is usually best overall. :sunglasses:

Id going precision T2 missile fit and/or T2 drone, that way you only do the soecific damage type, plus missiles never miss.

Drones are subject to the same unreliable testing as turrets would be. Missiles with a Double web should remove variations in the damage from external factors. Just make sure it’s something that gives a bonus equally unlike a Gila that is + to kin and them missiles only.

Total nerd battle up in here.

Now, I imagine all you to be women with glasses, thongs, in a hot tub.

So let’s have giggles after each rebuttal. GO!!

Pssst… explosive or kinetic seem to work fine in game currently.

So what ships are you using in the invision?
Rattle is a solid choice for solo. Are there any other ships for solo the fleets?

Images taken from Sisi showing exact damage and resist profiles of Trig Invasion ships

1 Like

Yip i’ve found Kinetic and EM good with my Armarr BattleCruiser laser/drone boat, yet to try the T2 Command missile/drone boat version.

Then you made a mistake.

The data from the ESI shows those rats are weal to explosive on the armor, then thermal.
hoboleaks and sisi data show the same.

Now, maybe all those data are bad. But for this you need to make very precise benches (somebody talked about precision heavy missiles with grappler, web)

1 Like

I been testing with a Damnation. Omni tank, 1 rep boosted by my command burst and rig. Dual web with explosive or kinetic heavy assault missiles. 1 missile guidance with precision script.

Most groups I run into I can solo barely. To many cruisers and I usally have to jump out. Problem with the cruisers is they orbit at 15km. My fed web is at 14km. They definitely need to be slowed as I’m seeing a damage drop off despite the bigger sig on target.

Dont let the EM fool you. It may feel good to tear through the shields but EM sucks for armor and those buggers are armor tank.

Always thought of TP as the alternative to webbing. Dont use neither in my usual PvE though. Am I wrong?

It’s always a mater of effect. a web gives you -60% speed, that is the same as giving +150% tracking. the paint gives +50%? sig, that is the same as giving +50%? tracking.

a 55% web on a serp ship means -82.5% speed, that is the same as +470% tracking. that’s why a vindi is very good. CN web I think goes 15 km with 55% (or shadow serpentis, can’t remember), that means you can go null and still have very good application (as long as you don’t move ).

a fed navy goes 14 km on a vindi and gives +900% tracking, at 14km, so 6->60 tracking. The key is to keep at range below the rat orbit, eg 10km, so that once you are in its orbit it will try to pull range and thus you’ll have perfect tracking.

one web per rat should be enough, however the web neds time to take effect : so spread your webs so that while you shot a rat, the next one si slowing down.

also an additional golem with faction painter would be even better. or a minmatar cruiser (the one with pain bonus) as it’s very cheap.(edit : bellicose). It gives +52% paint.

2 Likes

I find target painters to be less reliable unless you are using a ship that increases its effectiveness. A guidance system works the same regardless of range. Webs are also more reliable.

1 Like

My experience over many PvE encounters, webs are best to boost application (further from local modules like tracking/guidance enhancers), when solo and closer range. For long range engagements, painters.

2 Likes

Chat in invitation space just now has been talking about a change in trig resistance. Not sure what’s best yet but my explosive missiles are not hitting as hard with same setup as yesterday.

Anyone solid data on it yet?

Someone in another thread claims that they stealth added a 50% bonus to Explosive resistance to both sheild and armor. Cannot verify at this time.

Seems right as i was hitting around 1k per volley yesterday now around 400-500 per. Not sure why a change so soon as we are just getting used to it.

The sig was drastically reduced (based on my SiSi tests yesterday). So missile application is worse.

I just hope they then introduce a new resistance hole to discover, otherwise, the Triglavians will eventually end up with 99% resistance across the board.