Is CCP ever likely to deal with stream sniping?

How did you go from “stream sniping should be stopped” to “streamers should be immune to attack”?

How would you know they are stream sniping? How could you prove they even watched the person’s stream?

This is just downright terribad ideas.

Someone has never read Sun Tzu or The Five Rings and it shows.

4 Likes

Only if he publicly confess.
… so almost never :smiley:

How else do you want to stop stream sniping? I mean, telling people not to use a stream to find targets is pointless. The gankers can simply not say they use the stream to find the person in question and keep sniping. :person_shrugging: How is CCP or the streamer or twitch supposed to know how they found the streamer? CCP could not even come up with a reliable technique to discern between normal and intentional grid departures during ganks, after they boastfully introduced a new exploit rule, which they then had to retract in spectacularly embarrassing fashion. :joy:

1 Like

Exactly. So you wouldn’t be able to enforce it.

Literally you’d just need a friend to watch it for you and tell you the info to evade this consequence.

Yes, you are right.
Honor is considered different in different countries and different times. What is honorable in war doesn’t have to be honorable in peace.

Anti-gankers use killboards to track down gankers all the time. They even had a special site running at one time that filtered out and highlighted currently active gankers.

1 Like

Some people with big ego would risk it. :face_with_monocle: :princess: :prince:

It’s the same. Even someone else could write him the information. If he knows that this is from stream, he should not use it. But it is on people, so not realistic.

At least it could reduce the publicity of stream snipping.

Out of game resource? Don’t we all use out of game resources? Dotlan, EveWho, ZKill…?

I don’t care that much either. I just love that streamer got wrecked live and he lost his doodoo and left the stream instead of getting into another ship and continue streaming like a good EVE player.

I think stuff like that is what makes EVE great.

~Fifie plays EVE.

4 Likes

Read The Five Rings or even just a history of Mushasi. You’ll find out what “honor” compelled him to do LOL.

No it wouldn’t. As you just admitted, there would be no way to actually enforce it.

How? The only thing that would not have appeared in Aiko’s blog post was the mentioning that they used the stream to find him. Everything else would stay the same.

I don’t know how widespread it is, so may be you are right.

Gotta love this game. :heart:

2 Likes

Sort of evades how you even define ‘stream sniping’ in the first place. Just seems to me to be yet another of those deliberately vague ’ CCP should do something about this ’ topics that get expanded to a whole smorgasbord.

For example…what if I decide to stream the entire rest of my history on Eve. Do I then get eternal ‘immunity’ from attack ? Well…that’s not very open to exploit is it !

So just how long is reasonable ? Half an hour ? 2 hours ? 2 days ? 2 months ? Who gets to decide ? And even if any time period was decided, how would any regular player who was not watching the stream even know there was a stream or how long it had been up ? And what’s to stop any abuse reported player simply saying they had no idea there was a stream ? CCP have no way of knowing.

One thus ends up with the ludicrous situation where the only ‘solution’ is for people to go round Eve with a ’ don’t shoot me…I’m streaming’ label. Yeah…that’s never going to be abused is it !

In fact the ‘solutions’ end up generating more potential issues and exploits than the alleged problem in the first place. Which, of course, is typical of these vaguely defined ‘issues’ and precisely why they are latched onto by people with ulterior motives.

1 Like

HE should be banned for that.

I didn’t suggest any kind of immunity. Plenty of rules in EVE are subjective and require CCP to look at individual circumstances and trends. By making it more public that it’s reportable, that gives some assurance to streamers. By cracking down hard on the most egregious and publicly announced cases, that reduces the scale of the problem Then by looking at trends, gameplay logs and multiple reports CCP can identify those frequently breaking the rules.

The end goal should be that EVE can be streamed to give it exposure on a widely used game streaming platform without immediately making you a target for lazy people who can’t hunt for targets. It doesn’t mean that every single case of stream sniping needs to result in a permanent ban and it doesn’t mean that streamers need to be immune to all forms of attack.

It’s not a surprise that gankers have immediately started using false arguments to protect their easy gameplay though as that’s the norm on these forums. Person A presents problem and solution, Gankers A through Z lie about what was said and troll the thread until it gets closed.

1 Like

But that is precisely what you are doing. Manufacturing a set of circumstances that require ‘immunity’. And with the usual vague-ness masquerading as some determinable ‘solution’.

You have not stated how CCP could ever know that a person was responding to a ‘publicly announced case’…rather than just being some person who showed up randomly.

Why should anyone not be a target simply because they happen to be streaming ? What specific ‘rule’ is being broken ? And once again…how ‘immediate’ is immediate ? Can I stream permanently and never be attacked by anyone ? Answer that specific question. You can’t.

Oh here we go…the whole thing is just another anti-gank ruse by you. Invent a vague ‘problem’. Argue that you are not arguing what you actually are arguing. Wail ‘CCP must do something about it’. Rinse and repeat.

How utterly ludicrous…as I’d expect from you. Rules need to be definitive. But then, as your entire ‘problem’ really has nothing to do with stream sniping but is just another anti-gank rant, it is clear that its all just a ruse as everyone has ignored you on every other such thread.

2 Likes

This isnt the first topic where ppl think streamers should be immune.

HateLess stream,
Aiko vs miners

Several topics have come and gone with no intervention by CCP, but only a few with comments from CSM who even get stream sniped, but they dont cry to CCP wanting immunity

3 Likes

BINGO ! Card is full.

Imagine defending rules imagined to fit one’s play/streamstyle on the forums “for the good of the game”. That’s a double bonus for the bingo card… People who insist on playing “pin the tail on the donkey” do have a blindfold on - a bad choice in EvE, so suck up the consequences. There’s no immunity to using a brain.

7 Likes

Stop trying to tell me what you think I’m saying. Until you do I’m not going to read your rants.

@Geo_Eclipse_Oksaras
This isn’t a topic where people think streamers should be immune. That argument is a lie being propagated by the same few people who troll all threads on this forum. My argument is that streaming the game and sharing EVE with non-EVE players on a popular platform should not make you more of a target and CCP should enforce policies that encourage streaming.