Is EVE being purposely sabotaged?

I don’t see the problem. We’re destroying our own planet, what’s destroying a virtual universe compared with that.

Not always

1 Like

you’re absolutely 100% certain and can furnish evidence of this? Or are you just talking out your airlock?

You have to ask this?

Well you are not ingame a long time are you?

only 4 years and change…

Well it was leaked a long time ago(don’t pin me on the exact date) how those numbers are calculated…

Whether CCP is screwing themselves on purpose or they are doing it by accident, the fact that this thread was posted on May 5 is pretty astounding. Here we are several months later and the state of things is such that a large group of the player base is wondering / pondering the ideas in this thread.

DisgustingLateDodo-size_restricted

I see something similar to what you describe, and have mentioned it in several posts; vandalizing their own game, letting incompetents doody on their map…but the why of it I interpret as having more to do with the autocratic management style employed over the past seventeen years.

It seems the autocrats have aged and aren’t really interested in required micromanagement and not especially the depth of imagination and detail required to genuinely develop a game. As a business model move, the real talent was replaced by lesser talented people, much in the same way a restaurant begins buying cheaper ingredients (to save on overhead) and fires the five star chef, hiring one just out of school to save on the payroll.

Their fabulous ideas over the past almost ten years haven’t panned out, and been received with the acclaim they apparently think they deserve. They’ve lost a significant amount of their paying player base, and made the move into Free To Play (charge little things on mommy’s credit card): moves which all MMOs have made, after their own disastrous attempts to modify their games failed. In fact the original game is all but gone.

It’s no small thing that a significant share of corporate ownership was sold to a foreign firm. So, I see it as a sort of kamikaze, f-it, nosedive. It seems in the cards they’ll wind up selling the entire corporation before too long. Is this the way they envisioned their future when they first developed the game? Vegas odds says, “no” on that one.

So, I do see it as self-inflicted, but not by disgruntled employees. More by disillusioned originators who have in the end felt the weight of their own autocratic decisions.

Therefore all of your claims are nonsense. If CCP has been calculating it this way, by your own admission, for a long time then you can’t argue that the recent numbers are artificially inflated to hide a decline. The only way that would work is for CCP to change the way the numbers are calculated, and probably to change it several times so you don’t have discrete jumps in player count that stand out too much.

This company is LOOSING 2/3 of their customers

You have been claiming for years that every nerf to PvE farming will result in the loss of this “2/3 of players” who supposedly hate PvP, and it has never been true. Why should we believe you about the current claim?

As usal you have no clue what is happening in this game,but STILL are spitting out your,let’s call it ‘opinion’,regardless of the reality…

It’s your right to do that,but PLEASE…can you shut up and let the adults discuss?

Bold words from someone who keeps repeating the same old “EVE IS DYING” nonsense every month, with exactly the same lack of accuracy.

Eve is dying…eve is dying…eve is dying…

Always this crappy accuse…who ever said it?

This game will not die silently,the devs are preparing it to go down in flames with a boom…

This company is LOOSING 2/3 of their customers

You’ve been making this claim for years and it still hasn’t happened.

1. loosing 2/3 of their customers is NOT the same as ‘this game is dying’,
  2. i don’t discuss with you because we all know if you fear to lose an argue you will start to abuse the flag system to silence me,you are well known for that and i’m not in the mood for that.
1 Like

oh… no… you made me do it. I’m gonna pin you. Let’s see a link.

This topic is temporarily closed for at least 4 hours due to a large number of community flags.

This topic was automatically opened after 8 hours.

Good luck, the burden of proof doesn’t seem to apply to him.

1 Like

Now you bias again. Sept19 is not the beginning of a stellar rise in players due to awesome design changes, is just the returning players that fled from the worst design change ever, AKA Blackout.

Then the population raises until jan-mar 2020 reaching the previous numbers from june 19, just in time for raising again due to the pandemic.

2 Likes