Is Eve dying?

wotb :”season” is every month
and it costs like 5 bucks
so it “appears" to be a very good deal because everything else is way more expensive

I started out in February of 2020 and ended up in the Floseswin war in Lowsec on my second day. In Faction Warfare, I discovered the thing I enjoyed the most in this game. The solo PVP and the Gang action specifically. Not that the set piece battles aren’t occasionally enjoyable, mind you. I may have put my Minmatar character on hold and picked up my Caldari character more seriously, but FW Lowsec still seems as vibrant to me now as it was then. I am simply not noticing what is being described at all. What I do notice is that Highsec is rather boring, and that a lot of refugees come in from Nullsec who go “It’s just old people who mine and complain, I don’t want to be like them, please teach me how to solo”. I don’t know how much of their words are grounded in truth, but the amount of disgruntled newbros and bittervets that Null is leaking tells me something is off there. What the exact problem is, and what the solution is I can not tell you. This game still provides me with the best small ship PVP I’ve had since the X-Wing series from the 90’s.

4 Likes

this guy :point_up: have good taste

2 Likes

I did teach that newbro refugee from null how to solo, mind you:

Still very proud of him, wherever he is now.

1 Like

:top:
i like you
despite you being a murderous minmatar

Naw, this is my Matari killboard:

And this is my Caldari killboard:

I myself am neither Matari or Caldari. I am Dutch.

OMG not a dutch!!!
just kidding , I’m a Brazilian :brazil:
nice to meet you o7

Same o7

Hey griefbag, no one asked you for your sociopath opinion, okay? Go club some more baby seals and pretend you’re an elite warrior while the player count is circling the drain. I bet you’ll be really happy when the server is empty and you have no one else to rage on because you can’t keep down a job and a girlfriend in real life, loser.

2 Likes

Age old question as old as the meme it’s self.

Don’t worry about the player count. Have fun, make ISK, blow others up!

Always enough people here to keep the ecosystem going. If not CCP would shut the game down.

https://forums.eveonline.com/t/why-do-people-keep-declaring-every-game-dying-dead/373232/1

Wrote a post on this sometime ago saw two nice videos on Youtube at the moment and thought I would share. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I do not lose sleep over the state of a video game.

1 Like

EVE is not just “a video game”.

They optimised the fun out of the game while at the same time not being in control over what they are doing. Grind more, grind more efficiently, everything is about the space dollar, more ships, BIGGER ships, gotta train for those bigger ships because (surely) then the game will be fun!

They’re pretty much playing WOW retail (or any other meaningless random grind MMO) grinding to the latest expansion highest level, grinding for grinding’s sake and wow tokens to run their 17 accounts, because someone told them they needed those. And now the class that was overpowered in the last expansion, so they all went for it, got nerfed (for good reason) in the new expansion they’re all sulking and don’t know what to do.

They never actually made any interesting goals for themselves other than “grind for the overpowered class in the current expansion and make space dollars” while doing as they were told. And now they’re told to sulk and rage because their masters are losing their own power and space dollars race so the narrative is that the class that was silly overpowered needs to be made overpowered again, otherwise the game is no longer “fun”.

They became NPC.

4 Likes

Yeah guys it’s just cuz the pandemic is over.

Nah…Pulp Fiction is not the meme to show. How about the ending of The Forbidden Planet, where we find out that the monster coming for Dr Morbius is his own mind. Repeat ‘Eve is dying’ often enough and you create a self-fulfilling prophecy…a monster that destroys regardless of what CCP do.

We clearly had a pandemic spike that was quite obvious, many returning players showing up.

I am waiting for new startups to see if they can overtake EVE. It will happen. Time, technology, and investment it can happen. It WILL happen. All products have a lifespan. Elite Dangerous is an excellent example at a game at the end of its lifespan. (Going into maintenance mode, no real gameplay changes, just continuing the story)

I have a hunch you are trolling and expect me to post the classic response to that age old statement.

Do not let video games takeover your life. Real Life and real career/family goals are more important. :laughing: Somethings wrong if I have to state this.

I could care less if EVE vanished tomorrow. I would go play the 10000000 other games designed to burn my free time. I am very sure everyone else would also.

1 Like

i totally disagree
as a rogue like enthusiast i think EVE have the most important thing going for it , development time

besides normies always think its possible to make a infinite galaxy were you can visit the planets and yada yada yada … the scope is simply TOOOOOO large

the best thing you will ever see is star citizen because the mountain of money and the infinite delays , and even so it will be a totally different kind of game

who in his right mind will think , let’s do a MMO (niche game) , PVP focused (niche game) , to compete with one of the most complex games EVER?

if

Candy Crush revenue has stayed at near the same level for two years, increasing from $1.19 billion in 2020 to $1.21 billion in 2021.

and all that said we have the players , the music , the history …etc etc etc … IMPOSSIBRU

Is EvE dying?

I don’t think any of us can say for sure. This is a question that can only be answered authoritatively with hindsight.

If you enjoy playing EvE, why not just enjoy playing EvE. Don’t worry about how many people log in this week compared to last week.

Maybe Ashes of Creation will overtake EvE. Maybe EvE online will be around for another twenty years. The future is always uncertain, so enjoy yourself today.

3 Likes