Is Eve dying?

EVE was totally not on the decline before then.

2 Likes
2 Likes

20k player is flop

reasons:

pve is a joke. highsec is not save. same missions since 15 years. still terrible interface.
developer do nothing against multi account player.

“eve is all about is pvp” this is a lie.

make highsec and low sec to 100% pve
pvp is 0.0

ignore that and you will will lose more and more player

Hate to upset you, but they just announced changes that buff Null PvE and nerf HS PvE

Sorry

what pandemic? Haven’t you checked the political agenda yet? Great Reset Agenda

Brainnns

Du-Uh

1 Like

Playing Candy Crush is scientific proof that consciousness survives brain death.

3 Likes

What’s the difference between that and a single player game ? You cannot call an NPC game an MMO…as the dynamics would be zero difference from just playing a single player game on your own.

EVE is dying.

If you search through the forums, and use google. You will find this repeatedly.
Yes, a HUGE drop in players has happened. But I’m getting the impression that this is only temporary. As the one truth is? There is (to date) no other game like EVE Online. The depth and breadth of this Sandbox MMO? is not thus far met by other games like how this one does. I believe many? Are more taking a break. And many who have left? Will come back. Once the players who remained? Create another epic story or battle that ends up being heard by non EVE players.

CCP needs to listen to it’s players. Same time they must make sure that the game mathematically works (as well as economically, servers cost a lot to run). As it itself has grown from its original state of a few thousands players roaming around back in the 00s going “How do I warp?”, “Can we warp to zero on these gates please CCP?” or “I’ve got this mission I need to craft Villard Wheel? But I think I missed something” and someone going “Read my bio” to answer that one. To now full scale wars.

It’s a great game, the best MMO in my opinion. But it’s a big eco system with so many variables to factor, and it’s changing all the time. It has to. We are forcing it to.

If you enjoy the game? play! And forget about the rest.

4 Likes

'Tis a lie only because of those players who made it so
Quit highsec, live dangerous, start dying, maybe murder some ships

Highsec now is like THE safest version of itself its even been. Used to be CONCORD was SO much weaker, wardecs were so much frivolous, and mining done in paper-thin ships not an impenetrable bulwark of an orca. And no structures which take forever and a day to shoot, you either clathrate your pos up to 12 hours and then boom, or don’t clathrate and the boom is now

1 Like

Oh so in addition to suggesting terrible game design, you aren’t in touch with reality.

Awesome :smiley:

1 Like

I’m sure the oligarchs are entirely benign.

good 2nd point. would be nice if high sec was more dangerous

I’m not sure that’s the case. Yes, large companies have long ceased to invest in deep and high-quality MMOs or do it very badly. But there are a huge number of indie and just small groups of developers making games with a soul. Yes, they are often not so epic and large-scale, but we live in a time when a large-scale epic has lost its soul and become disgusting.
On the other hand, the scale is a matter of time. Eve at the beginning of its history also did not have the fullness of lore and the depth of gameplay, much was added later. therefore, often projects that now look modest can become something more.
For example, I recently came across the Dual Universe. The game is not the largest, but it is very, very complex and complex, lively and social, while it contains a lot of interesting gameplay solutions. This is the sandiest sandbox I’ve ever seen. If Eve does crash, Dual Universe is my second game on the list.

Eve is complex. Most people do not understand how Industry works after years of playing.
Calm down and do your homework. Ppl is fighting to their death to keep the day alight…
When you-re ready come back. With something constructive. Eve is plenty of non/constructive
trash talking. You can change the words. Put some flowers in the guns. But if you do not sweat
blood and grey matter, you-re only adding to the general sense of abaddon. Be humor. Smart.
To outsmart the devs you have to be… good luck… when you have a proposal, post it.

I want the FAR WEVEST. That-s my proposal. with new tutorials on how to start Moon landing industries on top of others… or a Scientific system open to everyone, and no-one can claim nothing…
like Antarctic…

Dam boy. I said HUMOUR! Grind it! Cauliflowers!!
The Attack of the Alien Giant Lettuces!!!

In my opinion of course is dying way over complicated nothing specified or what goes where or what you have to do very unexplanatory for a new person. To me ratings you’re gonna keep dropping …. make it so everybody can understand the game. It’s so difficult it’s obnoxious I can see why it’s dying. Oh an In my observation on being in the game you don’t get help. If you don’t know you get ridiculed downed on sideway comments helps a joke…… Other than that very nice game. Need nicer people in the community in my opinion to new people and not down them for not knowing something that’s my only issue…show them :man_shrugging::100:

You down bad bro?

That’s one reason why I never felt the need to go to Null. It just feels like Null is mostly about and ever-present hunger for ISK and skillpoints. The other reason was FWST-8. That TIDI was apocalyptic, and no one should be forced to suffer through that.

In contrast, Faction Warfare pays for itself, and rewards perfecting frigates, both in the sense of skill training and in the way of piloting. It also just feels like it’s better set up for getting nice solo fights because people don’t have to worry about someone having half a dozen Lokis as backup when you are slugging it out inside of a FW complex. The smaller size of the ships involved and the absence of bubbles also means that you can supply yourself with out Deep Space Transport without trouble. Add some casual PI on the side and suddenly you’re always in the green on top of the shiny loot you bring home.

Don’t you dare touch muh lowsec. If anything FW PVE missions should be canned to remove the impurities from that wholesome place.

2 Likes