Is “forcing” players to login during holiday season a good thing?

When you want those presents, you have to be good and log in like Santa Hilmar said. Thats nothing unusual. Else you get a piece of coal, or carbon. :smirk:

4 Likes

Take it as a free life lesson in properly prioritizing RL vs EVE.

4 Likes

Forcing to log in. … LOL …

1 Like

Well. For some reason this argument didn’t help when CCP decided to remove learning skills…

To OP: I feel somehow sad reading news like this. CCP needs us to log in to have bigger numbers - this is real sign of activity declining.

2 Likes

christmas facepaint lol, eve has become such a cartoon

Shrugs … and? Ar you so desperate for a few skillpoints?

1 Like

As far as I know no one is holding a gun to your head “forcing” you to log in.

I think the issue is that you will not be available to log in on some days to receive the rewards. I am sorry about that. Maybe some of them will be on the market for you later?

2 Likes

Wow how ■■■■■■ up is this.

I’m going out of town to see family so even though I will be playing there is no way I will be able to login 13 days over the holidays.

Not too mention with the servers set to Iceland time half the players in the US don’t even know what day it is on the server.

This must have been thought of by the same person who gave us unload without docking, no ECM on your target and other classic recent fails.

This is just a blatant attempt to pad the people online numbers for PA

2 Likes

This will pad the numbers and make it look to their masters like the game is doing better than it is.

1 Like

For crying out loud, it’s been EVE 2.0 for a while now. Quit whining and be a good junkie.

1 Like

Forcing :laughing: c’mon man!

Measuring predictability of opiate economics for venture analysis & reporting in a next farewell to emergent behaviour :stuck_out_tongue: More politically correct than “forcing” :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Bring back daily sp rewards :slight_smile: I miss seing people at belts in low.

2 Likes

“this is being done to pad numbers” is another way of saying “We want more people to play the game” Maybe some folk are taking a break from eve right now, and they’ll come back for a christmas event. Is that so evil? You realize that this is a business right?

6 Likes

Maybe the gifts have already been delivered by some of those in this thread.

1 Like

Sure, and (read my post) there is a christmas event, a pretty nice one according to the description. The 13 days login requirement for gifts comes on top and is separate from the event and any gameplay. People are rewarded purely for being able to connect to their PCs for a fixed number of times during a very limited timeframe (13 out of 17 days).

Literally ccp cannot win with these events.

Gifts are cosmetic, players complain.
Gifts are useful/valuable, players complain
Gifts are given out all at once, players complain
Gifts are spread across multiple days/logins. You guessed it. Players complain.

Don’t like this holiday event? It’s okay, wait for next year and it will probably be changed again to something you do like that you can then complain about because this years was better. It’s the never ending gift.

15 Likes
4 Likes

Bloody hell, stop your whining. It’s a ■■■■■■■ gift!

1 Like

Nope. I’m against non-trivial login rewards at all time, not only during christmas time.