Is Hisec ganking good for the game?

Not so much that at least my side is honest about it. As long as it is properly balanced then it is good for the game, at this point that balance is almost there so the benefits outweigh the negatives.

1 Like

Aren’t I ?

What are you gonna do about it ? nothing
You are impotent to stop me, bwaaaaahahaha

1 Like

I can only go with what my empathic energy and spider senses tell me :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Very good.

Play Eve with the assumption one will die at some point in time.

Take it on the chin and move on.

If you’re not having fun then you’re not playing the game.

1 Like

Good. Run with that.

Why are you trying to derail this thread?

Yes, Hisec ganking is good for the game, in fact the game is Hisec ganking and it’s actually called
Aiko Online

But what about Losec ganking, is that good for the game? And Nullsec? Why forget Nullsec?

1 Like

Low/Null/WH is PvP. Ganking is only done in high sec.

I think the problem stems that people don’t understand this.

1 Like

Herp derp definition herp derp gang killing herp derp other games

Derp

The interesting aspect of that question for me, is if we extend it to the ships that are ganked in highsec.

What about lowsec killing of freighters, is that good for the game? And nullsec? Why forget the killing of freighters in nullsec?

More freighters die outside highsec, than die inside highsec (about 60% of freighter kills are outside highsec).

Why would killing a procurer in lowsec be ok, but then somehow not be ok in highsec?

Exact same ship. Exact same level of defence.

The only difference is that the pilot of the procurer can be more lazy and/or incompetent most of the time in highsec; and somehow that makes killing it bad?

Kill all the things, everywhere. It’s all fine.

4 Likes

Indeed why?

Interesting. Why forget the ganking in Lowsec?

I agree. It’s as if HiSec should somehow be off limits. Why? Because it’s High-Security? haha!

Naah, if it’s a combat ship it’s fair game imo

Yea, except I wouldn’t stoop as low as attacking mining ships unless the pilot is in a corporation that is at war with my corporation.

Ganking doesn’t happen in low sec.

High security isn’t total security. A bank can still get robbed hm? Wouldn’t you define them as high security?

Everything can be a combat ship.

Again, its your perspective that’s the problem, not the game.

Honestly Eve is a really big universe, it’s not really that difficult to find a home base with very little traffic (Jumps per 24h) and say 12+ mining belts… https://evemaps.dotlan.net/ is an excellent resource for newbies trying to figure out low traffic areas.

People need to be a little more resilient when playing this game.

2 Likes

Great points. I’d like to add the cost for high sec aggression used to be more than what is today. This tendency to find some poor sap with a poorly fit mining ship and blowing him to bits while he’s trying to learn the game is toxic to the core–and anything CCP can do to curtail that behavior is overdue.

Freighter kills and nest egg hauler pops, those are not the same thing as what I described above. Those gameplay mechanics should be protected.

1 Like

Why would they want to curtail that when it makes them money?

I dont understand why theres supposedly a moral difference attacking a mining ship as opposed to any other ship.
Can anyone explain this?

Preferrably without hyperbole pls.

Because in real life blah blah blah blah blah.

Edit: Oops, I didn’t see your edit. :smiley:

1 Like

If it’s a ship it’s fair game.

3 Likes

Not to me. I can’t feel any satisfaction blowing up an unarmed mining vessel but that’s just me.
If I need target practice I’ll do it on a rock with mining lazers… how boring, lol.

I fly noncombat ships a lot of the time. Mostly outside high sec.

That means if I screw up I lose my ship just as if I were flying a combat ship. And if I play well I can deny the other players an easy kill.

“I fly a noncombat ship, therefore I should not need to be aware of my surroundings or care for my own safety” is a foreign concept for me.

I get that some people get lazy from being protected by the threat of CONCORD, but you should be the one to keep your ship safe.

1 Like