Is it even worth it?

I’ve never said i traded PLEX alone, now is a good period, it wasn’t the case few months ago. There are other things to trade, in a lot of different places.

you lack imagination

Alts are advantageous to have, but they are no means necessary for making money, winning fights, OR HAVING FUN. Alts do not guarantee success; nor does not having them guarantee failure. At the end of the day, it’s your player skill and ingenuity which will have the biggest impact on outcomes in Eve.

Also, make friends to compensate for players with alts. Assuming equal skill levels, two real life players will have a huge advantage over one player controlling two characters.

Oh, and stop worrying if other players have a bigger dick than you. This is a game. What’s important is whether or not your having fun.

1 Like

I am just a new player with less than 3 months of game play.

I agree with you that Eve is not worth investing time and money in it.
I had decided to quit eve forever although my subscription is until March 2021.

The reason is simple. CCP can change the core mechanics anytime without fair treatment to the user.
What raised this awareness is that for the Forsaken Fortress patch, they change core mechanics from confirmed safety assets to no safety assets when abandoned.

They give the reasons that we have 1 month to move the items.

Those who are working will know that at times when we are really busy at work and might not even find the strength to login. And what if we are having a vacation or at any times cannot log in during that period.

Thus we will lose all our items due to the change of mechanics and not due to our own fault.

Who knows, one day, they might change the game mechanics such that NPC stations can be destroyed and there will be no safe zone.

Have fun, those who want to invest time into a game where CCP might change the core mechanics without giving fair treatment to existing players who do what they are doing based on the old mechanics.

Bye forever Eve. Phew! luckily I never buy any Plex

to long didn’t read
but YES is worth it
playing since 2011 no alts

1 Like

You lack imagination buddy.

I would pay CCP $140 bucks a year to keep your IP adress from being able to post to the forums. I’ve disagreed with so much of what you’ve said, but this takes the cake.

1 Like

oh come on he is a virtuoso , loot at the topic “A typical night of playing Eve Online” thats a opus magnum
somebody will get random free hearts :heart: because i respect talent

Yes, alting is pay to win. Regardless to whatever so called bitter vet say. Youtube is full of videos, that confirms that.
Does it make game unworthy to play? It depends if you take the game as a means of repairing your badly hurt real life self esteem or … merely an entertainment.
Solo can be entertaining with one account if you set yourself certain goals solo player can reach and achieve them.
But I think true value in this game is in communicaton, in doing things together with other players. And here alting does not help one much.

I never ever used alts through all that years I play the game and I am ok. I just feel it is unfair and do not do this. 2 vs 1 is not a fair fight and I do believe in fair fights even in this game, where it is not an option.

3 Likes

I think that guy is a troll. He says some truly outlandish stuff.

I am pretty sure I am not. This is a forum where we openly can discuss all aspects of the game.

Seems like people feel threatened by the universal truths I state.

If people used those big brains they are so proud of, they would see the reality for what it is.

As the Eranian Literature states:

Mighty Goddess, guide us towards the right path.

I don’t think that’s a bad idea, and it would likely increase CCP’s revenue. Give them a taste of multiboxing, and there’s a good chance they’ll want to take the alt omega.

1 Like

took some time to read your post and ill try to give my honest opinion point by point

1- NO. Straw man
2-NO. They like it
3-YES. No limits , but the more you have the smaller your wiwi gets
4-NO. You don’t need alts to pvp , 100 goonies with one account each have the same effectiveness than one guy with 100 alts
5-YES . NO
6- YES . Market , missions , fw , incursion ,abyssal, wh day trip, hypernet relay, exploration , mining , ganking , scams ,piracy, being in a corp with like friends , chilling in the chat … etc… etc… etc …

1 Like

MMO’s tend to be actively developed.

Also, asset safety only goes away on structures that don’t get fueled. Basically, don’t leave your crap in an upwell structure before you go on break, and you’ll be fine. Move it, sell it, manually trigger asset safety -whatever works best for you.

Of course, eve might not be the game for you if your first instinct is to quit when you are presented with a small increase to risk.

4 Likes

Your first mistake was having the attitude that you need to “keep up with the Joneses”. You can’t “win” EVE, therefore EVE cannot be pay to win. No one gives two shits how much ISK you have, how many Upwell structures you own, or how many skill points you have. Just play the game. If you can’t play EVE casually and feel the need to “catch up” to veteran players, then EVE isn’t the game for you. I know I will never catch up to how much money Bill Gates has, but do I let that affect my life and every day decisions? Not one damn bit. Just enjoy playing the game. It’s that simple…

4 Likes

Nobody wants to play with gamma males.

Does it make you feel alpha to say stuff like this? On a forum about internet spaceships?

What a chad move!

1 Like

If you are playing since 3 month, you certainly don’t have too many asset to move.

And Shipwreck Jones is right. I would like to add that you have not allready lost your stuff. Eve is a very punitive game, but that’s what makes it a game with a real challenge. If you are leaving for a potential difficulty that may arise, this may not be a game for you.

1 Like

Unfortunately, this is an argument that cannot be won. It’s a double edged sword.

Is Eve pay to win? Yes and no. There are many reasons to say either, this is just one…

Yes: Because all of the old characters earned their sp through long and tedious training while noobs come in and buy it…on the flip side, without the ability for noobs to skill up quickly, they are no match for older players (usually)…so this is a bit of a conundrum

No: Because the ability to use cash to inject skill points, buy ships, sell plex, and fit shiny fits does not determine someone’s ability to effectively fly and use the ship. Skill is learned, not bought.

CCP does not care if people lose ships bought with cash because they don’t know how to fly them. In the end, it’s just another cash cow…yet at the same time…you almost have to do it to compete as a noob…

see where this can never end?

1 Like

1-alting gives an advantage to players in certain endeavors (e.g. Ice mining, suicide ganking) but has a cost beyond the multiple accounts and the multiboxing. You have to make smaller windows with limited graphics and overlap them so you can switch from one to the other with a mouse, because automated switching from one window to the next after issuing a command is input multiplexing and is bannable. I have multiboxed in mining, usually with an Orca managing a fleet (not my miners) and a guardian orbiting cloakily (usually a tengu) as my 2 ships. It is stressful, and nothing I care to do for extended periods.

2-I was there when CCP thought it was OK and ISBoxer was selling a solution that provided for broadcasting commands to an entire fleet with one input. I was there when CCP developed the technology to detect that and made it bannable. CCP is in an arms race with cheaters all the time, and they seem to have been winning of late.

3-The alt limit is a practical one. You need extra computers and screens to make a lot of alts work, and you need a hardware switch for keyboard and mouse, and you need some stress medication if you are trying to handle complex tasks with a lot of ships since you have to issue a command to each one separately and be sure that you are aware of what is happening to all your ships. I had fun with some freighter gankers by sitting at a stargate they had to pass with a cloaked Arazu and several warp disruptors , snagging some red destroyers as they tried to pass by, and holding them long enough for the local navy to arrive. The player running all the ships could have attacked my pointer, but did not, perhaps not realizing that he had ships missing til he figured not enough were there to take out the freighter.

So 50 miners was possible in 2013, but I do not remember seeing any since 2015. 15-18 gankers was about the max, and there were some single-player fleets that were running incursions, but they worked with the other incursion teams to make sure they were not a burden. I suppose I could run an Orca and a couple of skiffs with no problem if I had that many toons trained that well. Since I left EVE early 2018 and gave away all my toons, it has been a process to get toons skilled up for such and right now I am concentrating on Black Ops whikch is very demanding for skill level for entry.
4-alting in PvP fights might be OK in fleet, or in gank where you are overwhelming someone with a zergrush of cheap destroyers, but it can be a distraction against someone who is working a single ship, and can make you lose just as easily as help you win. PvP is a place where the best equipment and skilling means little against someone who knows what he or she is doing. The nastiest PvPer I know is a woman who simply is a great player, and never multiboxes in a fight. I have seen her use full manual control on her ship to win against ships that should beat her.

5-So alting is not a great way to play, but it is a way. I suppose you could say that one person with an alt to research blueprints, an alt to manufacture modules and an alt to mine might make an industry that could also accommodate 3 players. As long as communication and trust is established, the three will outproduce the one.

6-I have several single accounts. When I have them skilled to the point I need, I will fold 6 accounts into 2 and get done what I need. Current practice is that I multibox with at most 2. I have a transporter, an explorer, a miner, a mission-runner (for ISK) who will eventually pilot Black Ops, a researcher, and a second mission-runner in frigates who will eventually be a steath bomber/scout. There are types of PvP that I don’t play which is fine with me. I prefer to support a nullsec community which is NRDS.

You seem to be making the assumption that if there’s a thing you want to do, the way to do it is to run a lot of accounts, yourself. That’s only true for the stuff where 90% of the work is incredibly boring, things like T2 production (ooh, a character whose ONLY JOB is to copy blueprints!) and stuff. For most things, working with other actual humans is the best way to get it done.

So that’s the thing. You need to find other people and, y’know, talk to them. If you’re still in a noobcorp, noobcorp chat is GREAT for this. If not, the help channels aren’t bad. Maybe join some sort of organization and hang out with folks; E-UNI is a decent place to start, or Pandemic Horde, or… I dunno, you could even go find the “Warp To Me Incursions” channel and hang out, we get about 500 people wandering through there on a regular basis. Once you’ve spent a week or four talking to folks, you’ll find some that want to do the same thing you do, or a thing that’s close enough. And then you go do that.