Is it only me that miss it?

Hell yes I bloody love Razum-dar he and Sir Cadwell is like the to pest NPC´s in the whole game.

1 Like

Hell yeah, Sir Cadwell!

Thing is, EVE has not one NPC I could remember by name, except for Sister Aliura (and she’s not even memorable).

1 Like

Well Sir Cadwell is awesome becuse it´s bloody John Cleese.

Problem with eve becuse it´s a sanbox mmo that is run by players. NPC are more a side thing to give out mission to make some isk before going out killing or dying.

I say hire John Cleese he can be the new AI voice.

1 Like

No need to hire John Cleese. The number of mission givers could also be reduced, and the whole “get a mission from a station” could be replaced by a mission computer there that generates one (think Freelancer), and you could get in touch with NPCs by contacting them - we supposedly have FTL tech. Reduce it to 10 NPCs, flesh these out properly, done.

1 Like

yeah I agree on that and maybe do missions a bit more enjoyable no im not saying eve should be like all other mmos but rely missions in eve feel more like a shore than something fun and enjoyable sure allot of mmo´s have quests like that but then instead they a few of them have a fun completing main story quest to learn the story of the world.

I don´t see why missions in eve could tell a story to teach you more about the world and lore of eve and you yet can make your own story. Just because it´s a Sanbox games does not mean you can tell a story. I mean ■■■■ according what people call sandbox games Just cause, Witcher 3 and GTA is classified as sanbox games and yet tell a story.

But then again eve players are kinda anti other games when it comes to eve don´t make eve generic game. But you can still add good game mechanics other games has and yet have an unique game.

1 Like

■■■■■■■ prick

Could just leave the epic arcs in NPC hands (and maybe a few others, and give Aura a proper voiceover and bring her in more often) and implement a proper random-mission-computer. It’s so easy to do, too, and you can really cheap out on it. 10 NPCs, find 10 fledgling voice artists - easy going.

Eve players are a good example of devs being better off not listening too much to their players. I mean, sure, get the general vibe, but then set sail and stick to your course. Eve players are in general not very good at determining what’s good for the game.

5 Likes

Yes I totally agree with you and I will be the ass to say it reason why eve player are not good at determining what’s good for the game, is that majority of them are not game designers and every one is split on what they want or not.

Asking eve players on how to make or improve things in eve is like asking a gardener to be a civil engineer. Which would not work because the gardener don´t have the qualifications. Sure you can ask what people would like to see but then decide your self what you want to add and what would work best even if people are against it.

3 Likes

Yeah, we’re great at being players, not at being designers.

3 Likes

I may like you a lot more now than I did before.

Just sayin x

1 Like

No I don’t miss it at all. It was a complete waste of Developer time and resources, it added nothing to the core of Eve which is flying spaceships, in space.

1 Like

Obvioulsy the EvE version is miles better than that other ■■■■ you have posted, whatever it is.

Obviously. That’s also why EVE has much higher subscription numbers than whatever it was I posted. Amirite?

I don’t want EvE to have higher sub numbers than that other shite.

Why have other players at all, right?
EVE should be a single player game, right?

Try to write a sentence without a ? for a change.

Why?
Do you have an aversion against question marks?
What’s your problem with them?
Do you think we’re delivering relevant content to this thread right now, the way we post?
It surely isn’t low-effort shitposting now, is it?

snicker

1 Like

CCP doesnt see WiS as something that would bring enough money to justify developing it.
Thing is, they always wanted to bring microtransactions for socializers, customizations. But that isnt very much money, so they have gone the other way, SKINS. That was easier, cheaper to do and brings similar money.
The WiS was more like doubling on that, because WoD was supposed to have it too, and in EVE that was like a test for WoD, but they had to reviev their plans after jita protests. Also WoD died because of incompetence of CCP managers.

Its all about money.

I miss the Captains Quarters too…

But I believe CCP will not try to bring it back or provide additional “station content”, because, ship spinning in station is bad enough. Undock your ships! =D

1 Like