Is it real to begin from scratch in this game almost solo?

Hey community,

I played EVE for ~1 year many years ago. Now I’m thinking about playing because I have lots of spare time for this now :slight_smile:

I’m curious, is it still possible to play solo / small corp or you must try hard 12 hours/day to do something in PvP or high-end PvE?

Thanks in advance

Any playstyle is still valid.

3 Likes

Yip I did that 5 months ago after playing since 2007 its definitely possible. No try hard or heavy grind needed just play smart instead of playing hard.

1 Like

Good to hear this, guys :slight_smile:

Is there any good newbie guides on this forum or youtube you can recommend me?
I would like to learn the basics again, try some PvE missions and then will see :slight_smile:

my daughter is a solo eve player, but she has me to ask questions and find out about things. the new player help channel is a bit of a jungle. youtube stuff is frequently out of date with all the changes. bottom line, a friendly corp with comms is your best bet. just try to avoid one that is simply looking for numbers.
however, that said, there are plenty of solo players out there doing pve and exploration. mining and industry not so much. good luck in your journey

2 Likes

Been there done that, completely doable even if it might require more time and effort to progress than before.

Just requires to have the proper mindset then nothing will stop you even if you experience setbacks which is part of the experience.

2 Likes

If there is one thing I wish the CCP starter tutorials could teach it would be this.

Make for damn sure that you watch a recent youtube video for the updated “New Player Experience”. Most if not all of them have a code in their description for 1,000,000 free skill points to kick off a new account. I started an account for a couple days and saw one of those videos and of course threw that account away to start another to redeem those skill points.

1 Like

Or just take a look on these very forums:

:wink:

Oh hey thanks for reminding me.

You’re welcome.

Consequently for the next three months the up to date thread is this recently posted and pinned one:

Every now and again I fly to a new part of space having transferred all my isk to an alt and flying nothing but a rookie ship. I’m not allowed to touch anything in my current assets unless I paid Jita market price for it. (Transfer the isk to my alt) but in general it’s easier to buy new in the new space.

I then start out looting wrecks and killing weak ships to kit out my corvette. Run some sites and do some level 1 missions when I am able.

Soon enough I’m in a frigate or a destroyer and I will either pick fights, bait mission runners, steal their loot or just run some higher level missions and sites myself. Soon enough I have a 50mil isk cruiser pvp fit and I take the thing out to lose it. I also get a similarly priced pve ship for running more sites.

Pvp can be very inexpensive. You just set your sites on targets that are appropriate for you.

3 Likes

Frankly, the other players are playing for 10-15 years in general… they can solo EVE because they have a lot of skills, assets and game knowledge. You will never catch up!

Because you will never catch up I would recommend becoming:
-ganker
-ninja looter
-factional warfare

Ganker! Go kill people in high sec or join any ganker group, learn how to get the job done then go run your own thing otherwise you will have no loot for yourself. Or try to find a buddy, there are a few solo gankers out there who would work together.
Find someone who answers emails, answers convo invites and likes to interact with others.

Thieves in the other hand, will be always stealing and making ISK, but you will be the passive agent on grid. Watch zkillboard and find ganks and weird kills, most ganks do not have the red GANKED tag, find T1 haulers and small ships dying by Tornados/Thrasers/Coercers/Catalysts, because a lot of those kills have no records of death by CONCORD.
Start stalking the people who are killing others… add notes to their bios on who they fly with, which ships, where, who is the shooter, scooper and looter, check their fits on zkillboard on their deaths and learn from it.

Factional Warfare, start with deplexing and only fly complete garbage ships before you have your bearings in low sec, because in the beginning people will farm you I promise! :slight_smile:
Learn the fits dying in the systems and this map helps a lot to know where is quiet and where is hot.

Because you will never catch up with the people who are playing for years, don’t strain yourself and don’t go for any grind.

EDIT: steal from yellow wrecks, loot blue and white wrecks

Speaking of thievery…

1 Like

It’s possible to do pvp cheap without resorting to the “cheapest” form of pvp in the game.

Some of the best times I’ve had in pvp have been in a 50 million dual rep vexor.

A lot of the best players in the game have shared all their knowledge for you already, what they have taken years to learn they share with you in minutes/hours. It has never been so easy to become a pro in Eve as today.

Piloting:

Combat Mechics: With graphics

Making isk:
Anomics:

Abyss:

C5 Wormholes:

PvP/Null+low+FW

50-100 hours of watching vid’s + trying them out and you will be better than most eve players already even as a new bro as most people play to chill and don’t even try to be the best.

Want to do incursions? I.E. “high end” PVE? Come join Eve Rookies. I put this group together to lower the bar of incursions so that in 2.5 weeks you could technically be sitting in one of our Praxis in a freshly rolled alpha alt. If your character is more skilled chances are you just need the time to skill up the large blaster.

We only do VGs (vanguards) BUT depending on who ends up in the fleet we consistently make between 70-80 million an hour and regularly go over 90. On top of this you don’t even have to bring your own ship. For 250m you can put down a security deposit for one of our ships that you get back when you turn the ship back in. This is a low risk way of seeing if you even LIKE incursions before investing the isk, time and skill into it (plus, you don’t have to move ships yourself!).

Eve Rookies Incursions

Eve Rookies is also branching out into other public group activities such as Level 4 mission fleets or Forward Base Fleets. We regularly ping content on our PVE Fleet channel in discord.

Got an itch for PVP? Got a solution to that too. Behold the NPSI Community Calendar.

While this isn’t mine directly, I’m part of the group that’s behind it and I’m the FUN Inc “newbro” pvp FC. I think we’re close to getting nearly every NPSI group on this thing.

So what’s NPSI? It stands for Not Purple Shoot It. NPSI fleets are run as public fleets anyone can join. There’s ALL sorts of doctrines from my crazy “Angry Miner Jr.” doctrine where I put everyone in Ventures and we go out and pvp to Link Net’s WEDGE fleets (super new player friendly). We have Bombers Bar for your covert ops needs, Spectre with cruisers and battle cruisers. The CEO of FUN Inc (owner of the calendar) does a crazy Raptor fleet 2x a week.

No need to be omega, no need to be high skilled, and really no need to know how to PVP (though some fleets are a little better for new to PVP players than others). Just show up and follow orders!

Here’s the best thing about Eve Rookies for PVE activities and the NPSI groups for PVP. There’s no strings attached. Come if you see something interesting, don’t come if there isn’t. No need to join corps or have other affiliations.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.