Is it worth it to come back?

darkestkhan

You’re being trolled. Keep going if you’re enjoying it, stop otherwise.

4 Likes

I don’t know why inflation would only really be visible if you “run larger scale manufacture”. You’re saying a lot of stuff that’s kinda just bits and pieces, but it’s hard to follow you. Like, you first started off saying that Abyssal sites were Isk Sinks, and then they weren’t Isk Sinks, but then they were Isk Faucets. After that, you said it wasn’t a problem, but then went back and said it was a problem, if it’s “rampant” inflation.

Now you’re talking about manufacturing things? But I thought we were first on the topic of Abyssal sites being Isk Faucets? How does Abyssal sites impact “large scale manufacture”? I’m just having a hard to trying to keep up here, would you mind explaining the connection there?

I mean, I don’t really care about this. And it wasn’t even related to what I was talking about, so why are you bringing this up? I only want to focus on the whole Abyssal sites being an Isk Faucet contributing to inflation.

I’m lost here again. What does this have to do with Abyssal sites? Please stop jumping to random topics, it’s hard for me to keep up.

So does this mean everyone who complains about inflation is doing large scale inflation? Is this something you can only tell if you’re doing large scale manufacture?

Most people complaining about inflation are complaining about plex prices. They totally ignore that demand for plex spiked due to skill farming. As for inflation in general traders may spot what is going on but they are unlikely to be running spreadsheets for manufacture. Small scale manufacturer may not see it as he is not doing enough goods to see it fully. At larger scale operations you just cover so many goods that you can clearly see what, when and where prices are moving. And there is no real explanation for a bunch T1 modules getting more expensive when mineral prices are dropping. For T2 input costs are mostly static… so the price of t2 shouldn’t be suddenly increasing… unless there is spike in demand (invasions, but this only sped up what was gong on for a while now) or war (but prices started raising before so not this as well)… unless some manufacturers moved to null or quite the game. T2 industry is quite heavy on capital, especially at larger scales. We are talking about tens of billions of isk in input materials. In addition skilling all the science skills to l4 on a number of alts does take some time, not to mention that skillbook set is not really cheap.

Just think about for a moment. Which normal player that doesn’t run manufacture is going to use spreadsheets for industry to check where the prices of inputs and outputs are moving? Market traders will care about the spread between hubs and buy/sell orders, not so much about spread between input cost/output cost.

1 Like

It’s possible…but it’s really the same game with graphical improvements and absolutely no/shallow content.

I’m not sure what any of this has to do with Abyssal sites being/not being an Isk Faucet though.

Tens of billions is very little isk though. If we were talking about hundreds of billions, I might be interested, but I don’t see tens of billions being any real issue.

I’m trying my hardest to follow, but you seem to only want to brag about your personal isk making escapades. Thanks for your replies, but I think at this point, you don’t want to explain how an Abyssal Site is or is not an Isk Sink anymore and just want to brag about your own money making.

Maybe if you looked at which part of your response I quoted you would have known what I am talking about. And tens of billions may not be THAT much but is a barrier to entry.

Seems like you were right, he is trolling.

1 Like

That is one of the factors, the other is the reduction in people buying plex with cash and the other is of course people with vast amounts of ISK playing the market. Of course there is more to it than that, but they are the main drivers…

Except that there is, it is often dependent on the number of people making them and as the game has seen a reduction in players and a more focussed attack on hisec production due to the war dec changes. And if they shift producton elsewhere then the price will rise in spite of the reduction in T1 mineral prices.

Well I was looking at T2 manufacturing recently and I noticed the prices of raw materials increasing after the most recent Rorqual nerf, so I decided to focus my attention elsewhere. Should go back and check, got a bit lazy the last week or two.

What I normally do is a weekly check on certain key raw materials and of course key ships and modules that give me a pretty clear indication of the overall market. It is not always right due to player distortion as there are some pretty major market manipulators, but you tend to be able to work that out, and of course doctrine changes and wars.

Interesting discussion, enjoying the read even if you might be being trolled. Respect to you for being a good player.

3 Likes

I don’t know about reduction of people buying plex, but I do know of few things: increased demand for plex, and chinese migrating here - and they catch up by injecting skills, which drives demand for plex even more. And true, old extremely rich players have very big impact on plex supply.

Wardec changes, if anything, helped here by decreasing the pressure on industrial groups. After all shared hangar is extremely useful when it comes to larger scale industrial operations. While raitaru is nice to have it is not necessary to be profitable. I would even say that if you need raitaru to be profitable then you should change what you are making as any minimal spike in value of inputs may turn your business unprofitable.

Rorq changes or goons going to war? I know that goons don’t export much to hisec but them going to war affect other groups that do the export part. It also a “small” detail that most of value in T2 chain is at reactions. Not many ppl have access to mixery (and public ones are often camped by pirates). But I suppose in due time rorq changes will increase the input prices of T2. Or not. Time will tell. I try to avoid predicting what exactly null is going to do. The only thing I know is they will use more harbs and eagles. Other than this I can’t say - I don’t live in null.

I know that most recent spike in some t2 modules was caused by invasions and some ppl doing crazy market manipulation.

to me it is all about prices of trit, mexallon, spod, gneiss, nocxium, zydrine, megacyte. Trit and mexa are two most important minerals for t1 manufacture. Spod contains 4 minerals (mostly trit though), gneiss is pretty much pure mexa. Other minerals, while important, don’t decide much about cost or possibility of manufacture (mostly cuase they are not used that much). For T2 I would say that the price of reaction results are what is important - at least in hs.

As for ices, I have yet to workout what is the real driver behind the swings in the prices.

I do admit I will have to start doing more scientific approach to checking inflation - other than expertise in past pricing of modules and materials to make them.

2 Likes

As a lowsec solo frigate pilot, I’d have to say the game has become worse.

Anyway, just check out the game in an Alpha clone and make a judgement whether it is worth for you to sub. I think the current sentiment about eve is very subjective. Some people believe the game has become better, others believe eve has drifted away from what used to make it fun and worth playing.

1 Like

You had it, then you lost it. Ha ha.

If abyss space is killing lots of ships, then it is indeed an isk faucet.

Think about it.

True, if it is killing a lot of ships it would be isk faucet if what is being killed wasn’t faction or t2 stuff.

Either way I have already been corrected - apparently people pull over 50M isk in datastream per run in of T5, which does make it a decent faucet. As I never run anything above T3 I had no clue how many datastreams they actually get.

Depends. If you think mindless PvE minigames are your thing EVE may have a bright future for you.

NEAR2 should be banned from the game.

High-sec is level missions or bust.

Incursions have a fraction of their previous availability, 1 high 1 low 2 null

Invasions are ■■■■■■■■, because like as not you are going to get scammed, the largest “community” I have seen is run by a know scammer. …and most of the isk is in salvage, so have fun with the ninja looters, and its high sec only. No LP, no bounties.

FW is dead, CCP can’t contain the bots so all of the big players left and anyone that tries to come up is killed as soon as they bring out a measurable fleet by Snuffed Out…who has basically snuffed low sec as a whole

Nullsec…goons just did a move up with 1300 titans on one scan. Need I say more.

Worth it? That is up to you. I am about to un-sub.

1 Like

Good riddance.

1 Like

YES! COME BACK!
IS DREDDIT RECRUITING?

I Have just ended my Account after trying eve in 2 month. Was playing one year ago. Im a casual player. Log in doing mining and pve (mission) and time to time some pve. But because of New change in tax,blackout, trevian rats in higsec the games get boring for me. Going to play Again When trevian are gone in highsec. If they going to be in higsec forever Then i maybe just play one month every year and do som mission. Else is their nothing for me in eve.

1 Like

nope

IMO wait to see what’s coming this fall…it could be epic and great OR a turd. Depending or which flavor we get, make the call then…

There’s likely entertainment to be had. I’d suggest looking into the game on your own. That said, CCP has been very harsh on their community lately and has done a lot to take the fun out of things.

#bitingthehandthatfeeds

1 Like