Is Ransoming Skill Points allowed?

you really enjoy these feelings of superiority… don’t you? :slight_smile:

I just find it humorous that in a game where all this is allowed, it’s full of SJWs and armchair psychologists that insist on pushing their thought processes on the entire community.

It’s a ■■■■■■■ game. If you don’t like the rules of the game, go play something else.

Because of wankers like you, a lot have, that’s the issue. Now some idiot wants to drive even more away, yeah…way to go.

1 Like

Boo boo.

Nothing in life its “only a game”, everything you’re doing talks about your character.
You have to do with real people and real money, you have the choice to be a hero or a criminal, the way you act in EvE is the way you act in rl too.

Some ppl having fun supporting and helping others and some ppl having fun abusing, killing and threatening others, all these are us and its ok, its normal - the world needs both.
But we have at least to know the reasons about our decisions, to be sure about our choices and not desperately looking to find some “cheap” excuses about our actions.

The way people act in games is not the same as the way they act IRL.

COD hasn’t produced a generation of mass murderers. WOW hasn’t produced a generation of raiders (or whatever it is that characters do in WOW). GTA hasn’t produced a couple of generations of psychopaths.

Normal people are able to clearly process the difference between the imaginary environment of a game and play perfectly within its rules, while not carrying the same behaviour into RL.

2 Likes

The difference we see here is sad. Truly sad! It’s so sad. So sad to see these SJWs that likely group together to hit each other with sticks while casting spells at each other in the woods. The same people that maintain their character even after normal people would have dropped the role play and persona.

This is a video game. If you have difficulty separating a video game from real life I would be glad to assist you in finding help. It’s really not healthy.

The objective of the thread is finished. OP got his answer and it’s fine to scam SP.

If you want to argue morality and all that real life stuff then do it in the proper place. We’re talking about heists and scams that happen in a internet spaceship video game.

now you just keep proving me right. you declare that the thread is finished as if you had a say in that. now you remind me of nevyn. way to go … :roll_eyes:

if you don’t like it, you don’t need to participate? :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks! :slight_smile:
I’m sure you’re a pro in assisting people who need help, lol

C’mon Robo, that was not a critic against you, i was talking about US, all of us - and yes the way we play games based on our character and there is nothing wrong about it.

1 Like

Has the question and topic in the OP not been answered? My point was that the only rules and opinion that truly matters is CCPs. They’ve created this game and drive the vision and intent. So until you get a dev or gm to post here to break everything down for our SJWs all we have to go off of is previous documentation and examples. Examples that clearly don’t reinforce the narrative that our internet-SJWs trying to impose on others.

Just because this pretend world of spaceships is like a second life for you doesn’t mean we have to treat it like it’s ours.

My point is that I’m not some scamming asshole in real life. I choose to play that role in a game and I completely separate the two. If I were to go to fanfest and meet someone that severely wronged or even dare I say, “griefed” me in game, I would be polite and respectful.

1 Like

Because you don’t have a clone in RL. Also you can’t log onto your alts in RL. And when confronted with real life being an openworld PVP game where you can do anything but it has concequenses you are forced to behave as your result-avoidance options are limited due to RL mechanics.

3 Likes

Yes these are things we have to be aware of when you step away from the computer… thanks?

1 Like

Whoa! The carebears and space-lawyers in this thread need to get a grip.

Maybe try logging off, going outside, reassess your priorities, and finally:

HTFU

1 Like

good lord I love how cringe-worthy all the replies trying to defend this are. Entertainment for days.

1 Like

Time=money=skillpoints now. No difference.

100% allowed

2 Likes

Nothing.

The only problem with that scenario is practically no one would go for it, unless they where 5 years old or in some manner mentally deficient.

The point Cow is making, which you know very well (troll much? :wink: ) is the only way to reliably get someone in a situation where they will go for it is basically to lead them up the garden path by the hand…

Very, very slowly, while talking in a soothing voice the whole way to keep them calm & distracted.

Pretty much like the bonus room did.

And accept for those previously mentioned 5 year old’s (etc.) that’s going to be a tad difficult to do without straying into a real life out of game coms situation.

Which will put it fairly firmly over the line into ban city :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Not really. It’s how some scams work. Some are simple and quick while others are more involved and “personal”.

According to CCP there’s nothing wrong with scams or the Bonus Room.

Yup.

But my point is there is no simple & quick way (I can see) to work a scam to do this with existing in game mechanics / pressures that might be used.

And the…

Approach can fall foul of the out of game rule all too easily unless the scammer is very very careful.

That aside there is another really big problem with this scam idea.

If the mark buys the extractor with real cash instead of ISK the scammer may be in danger of a ban.

Yup again.

But CCP also say scams using out of game or 3rd party resources forums or chat to facilitate the scam… & scams that encourage or coerce a player to spend real money to purchase an in game resource so it can be scammed from them aren’t allowed.

If a scammer can execute this scam entirely in game without use of any out of game communication & if the victim doesn’t buy an extractor from the shop with real money…

Then my reading of the rules is the scam would be legal.

Good luck succeeding with those restrictions :rofl: