Is the end near?

@Hans-Joerg_Seiler May I please have your stuff as you are leaving EvE? I promise to use it for good.

Merci beaucoup

When that day comes who would I send my assets to?

This thread has inspired me to start taking active steps in the preservation of New Eden. Therefore, I am announcing a new unprecedented charity to combat these dire times.

Effective immediately; The Save Capsuleers from Apocalyptic Malevolence foundation has gone live. Generously hosted by myself, I will begin taking your donations. Together we will fight for the survival of New Eden. All ISK donations may be paid to Janncor Lennox. Any PLEX donations may be contracted to my alt Jezzabelle Chase.

Let this be the day that we all stood bravely to defend this galaxy from potential extinction.

1 Like

I would stop visiting the forum.

Life continues until it doesnā€™t

Nothing

Iā€™d like to know where you got that info from.

CCP was acquired by Pearl Abyss sometime around November 2018. The actual sale was $425 million split into 2 parts:

A $225 million upfront payment and a deferred performance-based payout up to $200 million.

The original Eve page with the performance bonus payment info is no longer available. I donā€™t remember the specifics, think it was either maintain current numbers or increase numbers by a certain % within a couple of years to get the bonus pay.

Even if CCP fails to complete the performance bonus requirements, they still have the $225 mill upfront payment.

Right after CCP released news of being acquired by PA, CCP posted this thread about the sale: AMA (Ask Me Anything)

Both CCP Falcon and CCP Guard were in charge of answering questions in that thread.

Whatā€™s really ironic about the whole thing is that they both had great praise for the acquisition and stated that CCP would retain all control on Eveā€™s development with no changes to their current policy. They also said they foresaw a great future for Eve and both of them planned to stay working at CCP for a long time.

Then within 1 year of that AMA, both CCP Falcon and CCP Guard were no longer employed at CCP. :smirk:

??? How are you contending that PA does not own CCP completely? That they do is simply a matter of fact that you know. I suspect there may be some sort of miscommunication involved on my part?

if gate shutdown it would be amazing

Probably miscommunication on my part.

Yes PA owns CCP but supposedly CCP has complete control on development changes to Eve Online.

The actual control of Eve Online will transfer over to PA after their performance-based period is completed and CCP gets their bonus payment.

Which is probably coming up pretty soon, judging by all the MT, PLEX, Skill Points and Subscription sales that have been ongoing ever since the buy-out was announced.

1 Like

Iā€™ll probably buy the swag when itā€™s half off.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.