Is the game being abandoned?

Then you have never won a fight, let alone been in one. Join faction warfare, join blue v red because you have obviously missed the best part of the game

and watching streamers is NOT how you get good at Eve.

Change is good…

And change to a more PVE oriented high with no PVP is even better,because it attracts players that simply don’t want to be disturbed by the strange hobby of a minority because they don’t like or even hate any form of PVP…

Those are many,maybe more the sandbox staters even imagine…

Those are the kind of players that leave the game after some or even a single week,simply because they don’t like the “PVP everywhere” concept.
This should be no reason to leave,about time to give them an alternative,a place to roam peacefully…
In the current status of the game those said players just hear “the game is not for you,EVE is a PVP game…”,with a PVP free high they could stay and boost up player numbers significantly…

But some of the PVP/sandbox voices even state it would be better the games dies than has to be changed like that.

THIS is how they love the game : If THEIR opinion of how the game is to be played is not realized 100% the game should better perish…

And the same people sell themselves as “the saviours of the “REAL” EVE”…
But looking behind the curtain they are just selfish and arrogant morons…

1 Like

No.

If you don’t like the “PvP everywhere” concept, leave, go play Hello Kitty Online. Consensual PvP is not, and has never been, part of this game; whether or not it will be in the future depends on how much fernite carbide CCP has in what’s left of their balls. Bitching about how someone could come along, blow up your shitty Mackinaw, and then only get spanked a bit by the police after the fact is not the sort of thing that contributes (positively) to the community. “The ‘REAL’ EVE” is a hard, unforgiving game (though arguably not as hard as it used to be… :unamused:); you will lose your ship/die at some point, and it will happen multiple times throughout your career. Even in “safe” high-sec.

The only safe-space hug-zones in EVE are the rookie systems. If you want PvP free, I suggest you go live in one of those. I give it a month, tops, before you get so horribly bored that you either quit, or go out into the rest of the universe where it’s scary and the bad people might get you. Harden the ■■■■ up. Take yer lumps, or get out.

Eve has around 2 good years left. Have fun while you can before it turns to sh*t

NO SIMPLY NO

If i’d paid for the game and decide to play it MY playstyle has the same right to be protected then yours…

Bottom line is you do not WANT those kind of changes because it would alter YOUR game and you need to react to it…

Simple as it is…

It’s selfishness,lazyness and some some sort of an unability the give something up and give it to others…in any way and regardless how you look at it,there is no RIGHT for you to have your PVP paradise continued in this game…

And you REALLY think “what was in this game” stays in this game FOREVER?
SERIOUSLY?
WELL…no it doesn’t…

THIS is what you have to get…that the PVP spoiling phase in this game is over and you now have to step back and give some room for others…or -as only alternative- YOU can leave the game.
Because it’s not YOUR(PVP) game…it’s the game of all playstyles and ALL playstyles have the same right to be played undisturbed by others…

Because all your taunting and crying will not hinder PA/CCP to do what is wanted by the major majority of all customers…

Except, that the majority of CCPs paying customers aren’t carebears. They’re PvPers. And it’s not even about playstyle. I’m a carebear, I don’t generally go out and PvP for shits and giggles. That is not my playstyle. But to neuter what made this game great in the first place simply because YOU don’t have the balls to risk getting shot at, is simply asinine.

I will absolutely NEVER advocate for making highsec a safe space, EVER, for this very reason. I will, however, adamantly advocate for it to be made less safe. Our playstyles have no right to be protected from being disturbed, and in fact, what you’re suggesting SERIOUSLY disturbs some other people’s playstyles, so don’t even try to throw that out there. Add to that, you said that your playstyle has the right to be protected same as mine, then LITERALLY two paragraphs later you said that my playstyle has no right to be protected. Either everyone’s does, or no one’s does. And given history, no one’s playstyle has a right to be protected, and it will stay that way.

EVE does not have safe spaces. EVE does not have consensual PvP. This is the way that it is, and according to the majority of CCP’s customers, which I say again are mostly PvPers who would eat you for dinner, it will stay that way. So I say again, HTFU. Stop your “taunting and crying”, because it will get you nowhere in this community.

2 Likes

Leave what game?

If you remove the PVP-centric nature of EvE… it’s no longer EvE.

YOU can play with whatever playstyle you desire so long as you understand that EvE is a PVP game fist and foremost.

The PVP focus of EvE is the core of EvE along with one world for all players.

There are no “player rights” involved other than what is agreed to in the TOS.
EvE is a PVP game. If you don’t like PVP, then try to avoid it. That’s fine.
However, trying to change one of the core tenets of EvE will break the game past saving.
THAT would be pure selfishness.

All other changes are mere clothing. They may change the look of EvE, but they won’t change what EvE IS.

EvE needs to remain PVP-centric, with possible danger around every corner, and it needs to remain on one server (minus that abomination in China since they can’t seem to play with the rest of the world nicely).

–Gadget is still here

2 Likes

Saint Balos, protect us all… Let the antimatter rain on the hisec carebears!!

you can’t play chess and then complain that you have trouble winning by only moving the pawns. or that people who use all of the pieces keep killing you. yes they are a part of the game, yes you can play it that way if you really want to. but thats not the way the game is designed and it shouldn’t be changed just because you want to play it a certain way.

PVE is part of the game, and it is a valid and important part of the game (99% of my IG activity are pve related cuz i’m a filthy industry krab) however it is not the entire game. if you don’t want to actively use the pvp portion of the game (the back row of pieces to link back to the chess analogy) thats fine, but you can’t force other people not to use all the pieces available to them and still call it chess just because you don’t like it.

2 Likes

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA…

This is hilarious.

Surveys over decades in every single mmog show that PVE is the major part of EVERY freaking game and you REALLY try to tell the world that PVP is the majority?

REALLY???

Dang you surely live in another world bro…

And yes this means even CCP’s customers are in their majority your so called “carebears”…
And today with lots of nanny games protecting from everthing it’s even worse for you PVP guys…nobody admires your strange hobby,no one wants “challenge”,they just wanna play undisturbed and chill while playing…

You don’t see it?

Well that’s not the survey that is wrong.it’s you blinfolding yourself from the reality…
Believe it or not but what your daddy told you all the time is tripping wrong bro…

Yes but i can complain if someone comes into the room and flips over my chessboard because he wants to poker…PVP has nothing to do with PVE and still is able to end the game…and this is something to complain about…

Let them just move to another room where they can poker and leave my chessboard alone…

That’s very simple…

As much as people may not like to come to terms with it, but this isn’t the early 2000s anymore.

Demographics change, the playerbases change, the mindset of people change. This is especially true with long-standing MMOs that go through that change in generations. Not only that, but there’s a rather large number of people that would prefer PvP on their own terms, and with the illusion of fairness between them and the people they’re going against. It’s been proven that players can not self-sustain themselves in a pure PvP environment, otherwise some of the many PvP games of the past would still be here.

Well…they CAN have their pvp,but they HAVE to give space for PVE and i truly understand why they don’t like the idea…to give some room to someone else despite the fact YOU were the spoiled kid for 15 years must be hard just to think about it…but the fact is that they have to simply because of the changes you stated…the dislike of them should not bother CCP…PVP will adapt…

And all armageddon talks they spit out will mute over time…

I’m here looking for something fun to read.

Man you’re so dam wrong and still think you’re so right…

That’s sad…

And you have the need to let the world know about it? :slight_smile:

2 Likes

There’s a bottom line here.

The game was just sold for a sum that the current few sociopathic antisocial neckbeards and their alts can’t support.

You might be able to change opinions, but you can’t change facts. The game will change. And change a lot. A change for the better, some might think, while others will pack up and find another greifer paradise if one still exists.

Wishful thinking and hurling insults will not keep the game development stagnant. The only thing that will do that is to get some of your one-percenter friends to buy the game and gift it to you. Other than that, it’s HTFU or STFU time for those that think PVP won’t be nerfed to FO76 levels.

1 Like

Continue to tell the PVP’ers what they don’t like to hear…they will not believe you and simply continue to state their “eve is a pvp game” dogma in 90% of all posts.

Sometimes it really is better to let a truck run over one that ignores all warnings and hope he survives,maybe one learns from it…

But i bet in retrospective all those rage quitters that obviously have to come will smacktalk CCP and state that they were betrayed by CCP and that CCP gave up the core of the game just to follow the mainstream out of the sudden…

But as i said… you already can see the lights of the truck…they just ignore it…

I read an article from september that I didn’t read before, about the acquisition CCP to PA, and Hilmar stated that there are mechanics that are over 15 years old. Graphics was changed 11 years ago. So expect when they start managing and changing more mechanics, that pvp’rs are gonna whine and cry when their 15 year old game has to update and maybe even be more pve than pvp.

i was always more into the pve aspect of it, or any game really. Does that mean I ■■■■ on pvp’ers, no
While I appreciate the fact that eve is not supposed to be totally safe. but at the same time, people who are in this game just to make life miserable for others who prefer to play against npcs and not other players needs to be dealt with. War Dec system is a good start for that.

You can have your insecureness in low and 0.0…just move there and you’re free to go…but the demand of a safe haven for PVE undisturbed from PVP is in no way outrageous,even if many pvp’ers try to sell it that way…

This is about giving some space to others and the selfish refusal of of it

1 Like