Is the game being abandoned?

And you think playing the “stupid carebear go away and let my game as it was for 15 years,it needs no change” card is better?

Well you’re wrong :slight_smile:

Change is good an no change is called standstill and standstill means perish…

And yes…it’s that easy… :smiley:

It’s not abandoned at all, it’s in the milking phase

There is still some hype to be told to lure in wallet mongs
After that eve will soon dissappear as a generic phone game with a space theme

1 Like

It wouldn’t make sense for the game to be acquired by a different company, only to become abandoned.

1 Like

Most of the people on this forum have no concept of how a business is actually run. Hence the idiotic comments.

1 Like

They didn’t buy the game. They bought everything.

The game is a small part of the everything. They might not give a ■■■■ about the game. It just came as a part of the package and will be abandoned at the first sign of an unacceptable lose.

Not saying that’s what will happen. Just that it is one of many possible scenarios.

You should probably include yourself in that “Most of the people on this forum have no concept of how a business is actually run” stinger you wrote above.

2 Likes

Blobbing is PvP?

Yes, it’s player(s) vs player. The fact that the target may not stand a chance and that it may be non-consentual is irrelevant.

EVE Online is a PVP oriented sandbox. So, yes.

Have you ever played the game? PvE is everywhere and instant. PvP is tedious, boring, takes huge amounts of time and is ultimately unrewarding.

These forums were abandoned…

Come on CCP… show some love for the forums.

1 Like

No, I never played EVE Online. Ever. I also never post on their forums either, this is just your imagination.

Everyone enjoys something. I heard some people just log in to do Project Discovery. Hats off to them. Some will just do mining, some manufacture, some play the market, some ‘socialize’ in Jita, some just do missions for the npc agents, by the way, I love the SOE Epic arc. High sec is a nice part of EVE Online, if you ever need to play a game that is completely different, join a nullsec corp. It’s PVP and is completely different from the casual PVE some play. In the end we all do what we enjoy, but feel free to on occasion step out of your safe space. You can always go back if you don’t like it. Or not, just enjoy and if you can’t find it within yourself to log on the client, hang out at the forums, sometimes, in the large pile of chaotic, toxic garbage posts , you might find a flower growing. Don’t think there’s no room for ideals in this mechanical place.

2 Likes

Too late.

Perhaps prior to being purchased CCP might have been willing to turn the forums around partially…but now? Well, concrete examples show clearly PA is not interested.

The EvE forums were interesting up until about 2012-13 but have declined sharply since due to a variety of factors. Most of the gudposters are gone and mostly what is here are sub-par shiptoasters like you and me.

Ce la vie, buy moar skins.

1 Like

Eve is not your game. Bye!

I’ve been watching a couple of well known streamers on Twitch, BjornBee and Evelog over the last few days spending hour upon hour roaming low and null trying to find a frigate fight. Occasionally they’d get a fight and the ‘content’ is over in less than 60 seconds. Then it’s back to roaming and talking ship-fits for the next 30 minutes. And these are guys that KNOW what they’re doing!

As I stated earlier, “PvP is tedious, boring, takes huge amounts of time and is ultimately unrewarding.”

3 Likes

Take ship. Fly to delve. Acquire PvP.

Can be repeated ad infinitum… just because you don’t win doesn’t make it not PvP. And PvP doesn’t have to be fair.

2 Likes

You learn to treasure each sweet 60 second interlude whilst scratching your toosh in the intervening few hours.

It’s not for everyone, and granted it’s not a fun pastime for the most part. For me the highs started to be outweighed by the lows some time ago. I’d like to think I was reasonably accomplished with a relatively good killboard, but now I explore and see the sights as an alpha because… well, you get what you pay for.

Having said that, if null and fleets are your bag there’s still content to be had. Not for me though I’m afraid.

And i’m a sport expert because i watch it on tv. Was on Bjorn’s last fleet 2 days ago, it was an awsome fight.

Just stating facts based on honest observation - and others agree. Personally, I’m getting more enjoyment from shooting MTU’s. Shot dozens of them recently. I’ve had drops of up to 100mil and I can ALWAYS find something to shoot. Sad, I know.

I do solo PVP and public fleets, i can find fights but i have to admit that finding content is an art form on it’s own. What is important is watching people that know how to get fights.

Is that a fact?

Your argument has no logic. They bought the company, which includes the game. Do you know what the income streams are? Do you know what an income stream is?

Don’t be such a smart ass, or dumbass. Support your statements instead of being so flippant.

And the word is “loss”, not lose. Hence, back to my original statement. You know nothing about running businesses.