Is this harassment?

The old “is bumping harassment” topic had some official responses in this regard.

This only mentions bumping specifically, nothing about ganking or trying to get someone to CONCORD themselves. Though the most important parts of the post are:

2 Likes

No, I guess what I’m saying is that my definition of “harassment” and yours seem to differ wildly.

I don’t consider it harassment to just follow somebody around. As long as they are only playing the game in a valid way, not exploiting bugs, being excessively abusing in local, etc… The GMs don’t exist to make sure you get the play the game the way you want to play it, if that conflicts with how other people want to play it.

If this dude enjoys making people explode via concord, and he’s discovered that this particular dude is an easy target, the GMs shouldn’t be saving him from that. - There are plenty of ways this guy can save himself from this. All the tools are there. CCP already gave him what he needs to solve this.

2 Likes

stalker

1 Like

While you are absolutely correct…sadly I am no longer confident that they wouldn’t…

OMG, it’s content not harrasment. What has Eve turned into…cry babies everywhere

2 Likes

Well if I was being stalked I would go to low sec and see if I’m followed. :smirk:

1 Like

When you keep whining on the forums about it.

1 Like

Isn’t it harassment when somebody feels harassed?

But if it’s against the rules, harder to say.
I would say that in this case, it’s not. The person could easily avoid this incident by just change his gameplay.

No.
Think this through.

I thought it true one more time. I still think harassment is when a person feels harassed.
This has nothing to do with what rules or law states as harassment but more with the fact that different persons take offense in different ways.

And my opinion is still that this is not a rule breaking way to play. OP can just avoid getting concorded by changing his game play

Following someone this way was harrasment 2004 also…

Believe my…i did it in my youth and got banned for a week :stuck_out_tongue:

Now i’m older and actually LEARNED that not only YOUR fun is important but also what you do to others…

I guess i’m more adult now in opposite to so many on this forum :slight_smile:

They had to ban you before you understood what you did was harrassment? You really are a godddam idiot. I also hope mothers keep their daughters away from you, because *** knows what you will do if somebody breaks up with you.

Well i was younger and needed the money :slight_smile:

And for the daughters it’s already too late…

OP, , this is not harassment:
You use smartbomb, the other player just follows you, he doesn’t bump you, nor “target you” again and again, he uses the game mechanisms (get you CONCORDed) to kill you, in a pvp game. You just have to stop using smartbombs in hi-sec, as already said by others.

So if i feel offended and harassed because as a logi i am targeted once by enemy fleet, this is harassment?
OK logibros, let’s complain to CCP about logis harassment (PS: dictors can also complain, and fcs, and…)

Thanks, balos, I needed that!

4 Likes

Maybe I was unclear, it seems to happen more and more often, I blame my mobile.
Of course, you are entitled to feel offended and even harassed by that, but if you have such a low threshold I would say that Eve is not a game for you.

Not harassment. You getting concorded over and over in the same way seems like your not putting any effort into avoiding the problem on your end. He’s a hull miner and your an easy node to farm.

2 Likes

(Accidentially replied to the wrong person.)

Your your makes me feel harrassed.
Please stop that, or I’ll have to call Retard PegRipard Teg

@Karak_Terrel, what’s his name again?

1 Like

Hmm, I didn’t mean that people around have to acknowledge or in any way take notice about a feeling. That’s not the point I argue, the point I’m trying to make is like the scene in “Life of Brian” when they discuss that he should have the right as a man to give birth But as he doesn’t have a womb he can’t have a baby because he is a man but he should have the right to have a baby nevertheless.
And believe me, I come from Snowflake deluxe land. You in south Canada has seen nothing yet.o

When compared to the scene in “Life of Brian”, I’d say a person does have the right to say “they’re harassed”. But there cannot be any in-game consequences to a person proclaiming they’re harassed. If there would be consequences, reporting people for harassment would become part of the PvP metagame in that case.

I think that’s also the point that Solstice_Projekt is trying to make: once we get in-game consequences when a person ‘feels harassed’, ‘feeling harassed’ will become part of the tools usable for PvP. And that’s not something I’d like to see in EVE.

2 Likes