Good riddance?

Steps for fun.

1. Grab FNC typical fit
  2. Go to Tama
  3. Sit in novice
  4. ???
  5. Profit
1 Like

The reason careers were specialized back in the day was because people didn’t have enough skill points so they had to specialize. Now many people have gotten to the point where if they pvp they have all the relevant skills for what the character need to pvp so they can train mining or industry or whatever.

Like I said, CCP has lowered the skill level required to perform various different career choices. They’ve changed game mechanics and added multiple items / apps in-game that make performing those careers even easier, thus eliminating any need to be ‘specialized’. All done under the guise of increasing ‘player retention’.

Now everybody and their mothers can do just about everything within a couple of weeks. There’s no longer any incentive for long term game play and the log in numbers reflect that.

1 Like

This is a really good idea. I would join a fleet to do this and enjoy the hell out of getting my stuff blown up while doing it.

Aslong as i can import my character because of the years i spent skill training since 05, ill dont care about the isk or items, just the SP ive bother with years setting alarms or paying my month sub. this isnt one of those 1 month and your maxed a character. Ill even rebuy the skills as long as i have the sp since all of the capital ship skills along cost me over 25b

1 Like

Thanks for listing all those improvements. It’s a shame they were not implemented sooner because the community suffered for it. I’d like to point out that none of the things you listed have any bearing on the op or his whine thread.

I agree with your sentiment.
Unfortunately too many players insist on game-play that drives other away.

Then they complain about the ghost town…

Kind of reminds me of the A-hole that complains about not having any friends.

2 Likes

OP, if you want to hunt PVEers, go kill or at least shoot at some nullbear belt ratters. It’s fun in many ways, including:

• They tend to panic, with embarrassing levels of confusion and dismay. Not that I enjoy bullying or embarrassing other players. But the reaction is so over the top, it’s just absurd and like a cartoon.
  • The more courageous bored villagers farming in the system tend to be curious about outsiders and more than happy to chat for awhile and hear your tales.
  • If you apply DPS to a ratter/farmer, a committee of bored elders may convene in-system to interrogate you and put you on trial. More unhurried fun in a boring backwater system. (Of course, somebody in-system is scanning you down as fast as they can while you’re typing up your answers to interrogatories. No respect for rule of law).
  • If you hang around long enough, moving from system to system panicking people and/or joy-bombing the locals’ structures, they might start blowing bubbles around the gates. And then, The Punisher/Terminator/Doc Holliday/Dog the Bounty Hunter/Stalingrad Sniper/Hellhound on My Trail might appear in system. From that point, it’s intense, quick action, to say the least. Probably not going to end well for the solo invader in this village, with soldiers blocking the exits and a smart hit man telling them what to do.

Fun stuff, and no joke. The only bad part is when some peasant farmer snags your pod, pops it, and sends you back to Go before you all got to do an AARP chat and o7 in Local. :slight_smile:

(By the way, the Pod & Planet fiction writing event could use some isk donations, to boost it toward happening again for a 7th year. Yes, I am a shameless panhandler, and proud of it. It’s all for prizes and encouragement for EVE writers. Give 'til it hurts. :slight_smile: Or better still, write something equally good or a first try at storytelling. We’ve got lore-based, just writing what I want to, and humo[u]r categories. All are good, always a good time and good feeling all around for everyone too. I told you I had no shame, din’t I? Never had, never will, writer dogs!
Pod & Planet event, Fall 2019

1 Like

How about running a lottery? Is that allowed in EvE? I would quite like to be in a lottery.

It was.

Then there was tears.

So they stopped it.

If it’s run as a giveaway of chance and involves no paying for that chance I think you can.

CCP shutdown and forbids anything that is gambling for isk or irl money due to concerns over irl legal stuff.

I see why they did so but I miss isk gambling…

I always hated the WoW 2 arguement,
MMOs don’t need a sequel, That’s one of the benefits to them.
They adapt and change as it is,

Do a reverse corp takeover. Create a corp, invite a random noob, put all your isk in it and make him director.

Also feel free to add my alt

2 Likes

I love this idea.

We need a suitable noob though

i suggest that the OP just take a break and come back in a year. or not.

there is no requirement to pick an MMO or any game and play it forever. there are lots of other things to do; some of them even outside. many players seem get a bit overly invested in a computer game.

i started playing MMOs with ultima online (chessie server), then played anarchy online, everquest 2, WoW, star wars galaxies and age of conan. EVE is no better or worse or more or less meaningful than any of those. some of these i played for years, some months. and with the exception of EVE, i have quit them all.

during this time i also played a lot of other non MMO-games on PC and xbox. so much civilization, europa universalis and crusader kings II. and countless hours of RDR2, witcher, mass effect and dragon age. and hundreds of hours of D&D 5e now.

EVE is just a game – it’s just what you do with your leisure time right now in your life. getting bored and quitting or taking a break, etc., is not a political or religious statement. it’s not a reflection of your personal character, or the current player base, which is always changing, or the devs, who are also changing.

anyone who is not enjoying the game should take a break or quit and find something they like more. but they should also realize that hitting cancel/unsubscribe is not an act of rebellion. it is just a choice to do something different.

3 Likes

Guild Wars 2: world v world

Honestly, this is the wisest thing here. If you stop having fun, find something you enjoy!

But, for what it is worth, I’ve had a lot of fun with solo pvp even recently - and I live in Imperium space. Most of it comes from fighting other pirates sneaking around in null.

Here’s an idea: fly around null sec until you see an abyssal trace. Camp it (it’s going to be less than 20 minutes) and attack the guy who pops out (Sabres are your friend). If that doesn’t work, I might suggest what I do: Run a lvl 1 or 2 in a pvp cruiser and kill the guy camping you :wink:

1 Like

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.