It is time to bring ingame voip back

You’re not on a crusade yet you’re trying to imply they are lying in order to remove a feature that nobody was using :stuck_out_tongue:

Yeah sure buddy lol

1 Like

It’s a very inefficient use of resources to develop and maintain something that almost no one will use.

There are many 3rd party voice programs that deliver better and cheaper services.

2 Likes

Well they have been lying multiple times to be fair… so he has a point

Yeah as much as I wish ingame voip would return its hard to argue against that.

Where have they actually “lied”

The time you’re no doubt going to cite was the change on policy regarding selling skillpoints which isn’t a lie, its a change of policy, despite how much people want to think a company can never change its mind after they have ever claimed something

There is no reason to derail this thread into CCP fanboy consoomerism.
That is what /r/tesla is for.

VoiP won’t come back and it seems to be a reasonable decision no matter how much purpose I personally see in it.

1 Like

Back when voice ip was in eve. There were way more players. I imagine the servers would handle it better now. Besides, it wasn’t bad at hearing commands. Just bad at having full conversations. I agree its probably better for the game now.

3 Likes

And Im pretty sure the program is still ecoded.

1 Like

I agree with you that it was great to have in game. Made things very easy.

But the other posters here are right. People didn’t use it enough, because the other options had various benefits.

Maybe make a new corp and discord server and advertise free comms, etc., in your region? You could even have music channels for a Nisuwa Free Radio or whatever.

I know some lowsec and NPC null areas where most folks are in a common chat channel and discord, even mortal enemies.

Not as good as in game, true, but the community is still there.

1 Like

I dont like discord…

Jeez, kids today. EVE didn’t even have any sound, back when I was still playing.

3 Likes

Then use any of the numerous other options like Teamspeak, Mumble, Ventrilo etc

You don’t have to use discord :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

EVE should have Voice, of course! And the fact it doesn’t just plain and simply show CCP’s disdain for it’s customers / players.

3 Likes

And the Romans wiped their arses with linen-wrapped sticks back in the day, too. Things change y’know.

1 Like

Tell that to the 0.4% of the playerbase that used it when we did have it lol

1 Like

doesnt sound too bad actualy. The paper always gets stuck and you know these where you just wipe and wipe and wipe and wipe and wipe for all eternity until there is finally nothing left.
With the Linen wrapped sticked you can just rotate like marshmallows over a fire.

We are truely degenerating.

3 Likes

Neither do I. All those Mumble TeamSpeak and the likes are only about stealing our private data.

Game is cheap if the Devs can’t even include VoIP for the players to use.
CCP have always been cheapskates.

Again, it DID have it and 0.4% of the playerbase used it, so its not about being cheapskates its about not including a feature nearly nobody used when it did exist, and it was here long before discord even existed lol

maybe that is why we need an update now.

Back when nobody used it almost everybody used teamspeak exclusively.
Then came mumble (thanks goons (grrr))
Now discord with a crapload of servers. Join this server
Join that server. Now comms is this server but stay on that server for pings.

So with the ■■■■■■■■■■■ that is discord and current voip offerings.
Perhaps ingame voip would get used more again.

We could have a 3-6 months trial period. If it is barely used again and ccp scrapes it so be it. no hard feelings

1 Like

Whatever dude. Using made-up percentages as an argument is really lame. That’s the game of politicians and they play it well judging by how many sheep they’re able to con.

3 Likes