It is time to disband EDENCOM

An offensive stance would, by necessity, mean actually committing to an offensive, and would require the defense either be secured, or handed off to others. EDENCOM regs prevent national forces from taking direct action against Triglavians.

Or is your idea of a proper ‘offensive stance’ deciding to let the Empire burn so you can attack three tiny constellations?

Honestly, I thought you had a grasp of basic strategy, Aldrith, but lately you’ve seemed just absolutely ridiculous.

EDENCOM racked up an impressive string of on-paper ‘victories’ in systems the Triglavians didn’t even attack. Where the Trigs did attack, EDI, not EDENCOM, was responsible for what victories occurred. Don’t go attempting to ladle on accolades CONCORD’s Ammatar lapdog didn’t earn.

An artist’s conception of some nonspecific technorendering that’s as likely to be an orbital rubbish bin as anything else?

5 Likes

Pots and kettles. EDI volunteer fleets prioritized solar systems to defend based on Elsebeth Rhiannon’s ‘threat analysis.’

Major Caldari system after system fell while ‘threat analysis’ directed fleets to protect back water low population Amarr and Gallente systems. Solar systems that were being defended perfectly well by the Gallente and Amarr Navies without capsuleer intervention.

We were told that Caldari systems couldn’t be saved and had to be ‘triaged’ because we couldn’t win with only the Caldari Navy in support.

We were told Usi couldn’t be won and wasn’t worth saving by ‘threat analysis’ but a third of us mutinied and fought through the night until Usi was saved. We were scolded and told we’d cause multiple systems to fall instead of one. Yet all systems were saved that day.

Frankly if Nonni, the headquarters of Kaalakiota, hadn’t been deemed a low priority by ‘threat analysis’ then as the biggest supplier of the Caldari Navy they might have had the resources to retool the Navy to Rokhs and Nagas in time to save people.

It seems to me while Soter and his comrades in the Gallente Militia were colluding with the the Triglavians his allies among the Minmatar were carrying out their half of the plan to weaponize the Triglavians against the Caldari.

Komo is on Elsebeth Rhiannon.

2 Likes

It took you an absurd amount of time to reinforce a ‘minor’ system with no opposition while Lux Invicta (Including Elsebeth Rhiannon, whom you disparage in your post) held out in Kothe against the entirety of the Kybernaught forces. It was because of the sacrifices and hard work of Lux Invicta in Kothe that we were able to save all systems on that day. Without people like Elsebeth Rhiannon, your actions would have led to an additional system in Pochven and you would have lost both systems.

Komo is on the Caldari State.
But quite a few of EDI’s problems were on the complete lack of understanding of anything such as that displayed in this post.

8 Likes

EDI was an organizational nightmare. The fact that EDI managed to save any system at all is thanks to the hard work and just plain stubborness of only a handful of Pilots, Elsebeth Rhiannon included.

3 Likes

But EDI is not EDENCOM, EDI was always capsuleer organization only. EDI was maybe even more active than EDENCOM, supplying a lot of fireforce.
Like with completely new organizations with lots of rookies, it have some difficulties, that lead to accusations of using the pilots as cannon fodder even, but in reality, there was not much choice…

2 Likes

“My” threat analysis did not tell EDI or anyone else where to go or what to prioritize. It told the general public when to expect attacks and which systems would go liminal if lost. Once the model was ready, it was correct 100% of the time.

What EDI or anyone (including you) decided to do with the information was not my call.

6 Likes

The above said, this post is about EDENCOM, the international entity, and about Tribal forces such as the Republic Fleet - not about EDI or any other capsuleer organization.

So, please take your infighting elsewhere, Hamish Grayson. I’m done with it.

7 Likes

I don’t quite speak much anymore in the public, but seeing this blatant lie is making shame to the people who fought for Komo before it fell.

Komo is not on Elsebeth Rhiannon, Komo’s fall is directly under EDI leaderships decision to prioritize a system over another.

As someone who led fleets against The collaborated efforts of pilots flying the Edencom banner during the war I have nothing but respect for majority of them for holding us off and securing as many systems as they did. No individual is to blame for systems falling, if you want to blame anyone well…

You know where we are.
-Torvik Ironsides

4 Likes

Ok. So I’ve been in hermitage lately, attention focused inward to a degree that I’m ignorant to anything within the past month.
So, uh, what the fornicating fedo is going on?
Blast me, y’all gonna make me come back out there aintcha?

Were you there? Cause I was leading a fleet there and I don’t remember you. Maybe you were with the NED fleet that bailed after their leadership told me they were coming and then reneged? Leaving me and my fleet pinned down in a station unable to even flee?
I’m no strategic mastermind, and I’d barely any combat experience at the time, but I showed up, and I led several rearguard actions in ‘low priority’ systems. And I started flying in March.

That lot can absolutely go cancel their clone contracts. I might be salty about ‘friendly’ assets insystem up and leaving but GalMil’s stunt made me want to drop my principles and join CalMil defensive operations just to shoot those Fed capsuleers. Which is incredibly out of character, as anyone with a passing acquaintance could tell you.

We must move beyond politics or blame, are our issues with EDENCOM purely legislative? without such a public entity and of equally important note one not run by capsuleers, the empires could fall to working against each other, disregarding the loss of hope and morale among the worlds and systems we wish to protect. Perhaps an advisory council of capsuleers to help coordinate EDENCOM?

1 Like

You might not have noticed, but we actually are in a war and it never stopped for the triglavian invasions, either.

2 Likes

I did notice but an external threat is always lends itself to unification would you not agree? did you only fight for Minmatar space? I would like to know what you suggest.

1 Like

I did not.

But as the invasions are over, and EDENCOM has ceased to deploy to systems under threat, I fear it has become and will increasingly become a body that suppresses local forces rather than helps them.

I suggest Edencom as the current sole responder to the Triglavian threat is disbanded or mothballed. Let local national forces such as the Republic Fleet, already in the systems that face Triglavian incursions, handle first response, instead of just watching the intruders. Transfer fortresses in each region to the control of local jurisdictions. Let nations make independent decisions on how to handle their relations and responses to the Triglavians.

Should the situation escalate again, Edencom can be reinstated, of course.

2 Likes

I would fully support such a course of action, as Sanmatar Shakor has already made it known he considers the systems formerly in Minmatar space as still part of the republic, perhaps without the red tape of EDENCOM relief and reclaim efforts could be made. Skarkon will not be forgotten.

2 Likes

Further development of EDENCOM ships is necessary. Despite the failiures, the Triglavians are a formidable foe and coordination is necessary. A platform like EDENCOM is what the war against the Triglavian threat should represent for the populace of New Eden: factionless, purposefull, defensive.

New intel should arrive soon. Given previous events, it is doubtfull the Triglavians will stop here. Development of new tactics, modules, ships and comunications are detrimental to our ways, if we wish to survive.

2 Likes

If you shoot edencom to help the triglavs your edencom standings go down and hence edencom will shoot you: Mastodon | Makshima Shogo | Killmail | zKillboard (proof).

Better to find out facts before getting angry about something.

As I fought against Triglavians, a fairly new capsuleer, I could feel the incompetence of many Fleet Commanders, lacking any respect for the foe we were facing. Some were even noticeably drunk with power, living simply for the fact of being Fleet Commanders, claiming any loot as their own, utterly corrupt with their objectives.

EDENCOM needs a major overhaul. If such a threat haunts New Eden once again, there should be no space for ill-driven commanders. EDENCOM cannot accept any capsuleer with open arms. There was little merit in our intermediate leaders (I had no contact with upper branches, but I have my suspicions we were heavily hindered by New Eden turncoats through espionage). The people of New Eden must do more if what happened to Niarja, Raravoss or many others is to not happen again.

I recognise the need for the 4 major governing bodies of New Eden to gather to face a common enemy, but we cannot allow traitors in our midst. Besides the dubious intents of pirate factions, that noticeably aided the Triglavian cause out of sheer infantile joy, the organization was currupt from the inside. Noone stands to gain more from the fall of Niarja than the Minmatar Republic, forcing Amarr traders into a longer route. Gallente Costums are also happy with the added traffic. The pieces are there, and the ones responsible should be identified and judged.

No lives should have suffered. Unfortunately, ever since our Primordial Eden, we have know of the vain desires of mankind, and aiding the Triglavians does nothing for the common good.

Bruh. Arsia’s been involved with the EDI side of the conflict since practically day one of the full invasions, at the very least. I know this because I’ve flown with her countless times.
A change in EDENCOM standings doesn’t affect any other standings. Empire forces do not engage Triglavians unless under direct EDENCOM command. Which, quite frankly, is some feckin sheep manure that should have been fixed long ago! LOOKING AT YOU, MARSHAL VALKANIR.

Then where do we get our pilots? Accepting any capsuleer with open arms was the only way to field a significant force. Only a few notable figures showed up with any consistency.

Those FCs claiming that loot? Those funds went to ship replacements, back into the war effort. They were also operating from prior experience in full-out war.

You’re right on this. The problem is that you’re not considering the practicalities - nay, the necessary hard decisions that had to be made. The fact that EDI came together at all, with long-time enemies flying alongside each other, is a gods-damned miracle and a thing of beauty. It’s time for the Empires and CONCORD to follow the capsuleers’ example by using any and all available assets to respond at fastest speed. EDENCOM baseliner leadership needs to start coordinating with capsuleers. Needed to do so months ago.

1 Like

As much as the principle to be comendable, the execution was severely lackluster, starting with ships that needn’t be lost, to general waste of resources on innefective ships.

Accepting cannon fodder provided an hinderance to our best efforts, be EDI, NED or any other party willing to aid in New Eden’s cause. Furthermore, there were episodes of certain corps maskerading as willing participants in such parties, ending in refusing to contribute with such economic effort, despite publicity. Also, the lack of policing in out comunication systems provided a home for enemy propaganda, making the true aim of our leadership unclear.

There were definitely mistakes, and improvements are possible. A good example is the eventual emergence of the Deathwing engagement profile and its deployment alongside cannon-fodder “kitchen sink” units. A further degree of compartmentalization is both possible and, in my opinion, advisable.

I also feel that too much emphasis was placed on optimization at the expense of versatility; my use of the Praxis model battleship was often ridiculed to some degree, with detractors insisting other vessels would be much better at certain roles. From an offensive standpoint this was undoubtedly true, but I often found a Praxis would outlast several other ships, and was more accessible in terms of both training and financial investment.

My only input on the salvage situation is stating that war profiteering and looting have always been a part of any conflict. Personally, I did not spend much time considering how to financially profit because I was focused on the true priority objective, engaging the enemy. On occasion I did indulge in some freelance salvaging apart from organized fleets.