It takes less than 60 minutes to play for one month

… greed got involved.

2 Likes

why to you care to being snuggly
im snuggly AF
the problem i have is that i really miss some billions to buy some nightmares and do epic pew pew
and people hoard isk just to quit with trillions , and don’t even share
also no one but 00 crabs can say , oh i make 1 billion in half a hour …

soooooo gibe me mony plox

br4

1 Like

I play EVE NOT to share my riches LOL Yes not much of a concept of philanthropy in EVE. In fact there is a culture of bashing down the beggar in EVE. Yes I firmly believe in EVE you go make your own ISK. I am NOT obligated out of the kindness of my heart to give ISK to a random stranger. One of the cruel aspects that draws me to EVE. (Sharing is not caring in EVE? Perhaps?)

There are some cases were the rich do something really extravagant before they quit. My recent one I heard of was an incursion guy fitting an entire 60 man fleet with rokhs to yolo it into the Mothership site for fun XD 2019 I think it was or 2020

2 Likes

yeah yeah i know…
but as i said in other topic wen you have a lot of skills and money the thing to do is meta gaming
if at least they created a corp , or do some politicks like the mitens or sumting
but sit on pharaonic amount of isk and don’t even risk some for the lulz is beyond me

but … but … we are friends :sob:

2 Likes

My complaint is not about the price.

I demand not be treated like lost ore residue

Ive no idea what the OP is doing in 47-60 minutes to get enough to purchase 500 plex, I live in sov null and rat anoms in an Ishtar (sometimes 2 ishtars if my main is in the same location) and with salvage i get maybe 100m an hour, more if I get a faction drop.

I agree it’s a side effect in all gaming can be deterred a little bit but always prevails. I see your point in very rich people living very secluded lives not starting a corp etc. I have helped out my corp and did my own things as a small CEO. Brought together about 20 people burnt out NS vets looking for a casual moon and newbies. Lived in my private Azbel it was a good life. Happy that experience ended before cores came along as my corp disbanded and we went our separate ways peacefully. Liquated the assets. took couple months off rest is history. I really did touch many people and the current corp I am in has so many great people who I helped lead in battle. Even when we died defending our station vs a superior foe, we had tons of fun and gained some experience.

@Destiny_Corrupted perfectly summed up meta gamers people who simply play to get richer and that’s about it. Many of us strive to gain wealth in EVE. Some people… take it to another level. They are content for the rest of us ^^

@Destiny_Corrupted yeah, but most of the time these people go for the translation of their ISK → $$$.

@tutucox_Khamsi I don’t care much about ZK, I was just expressing myself using their language, being ironic how important that crap is. As intel an ok tool.

Only a small percentage. Most RMT ISK likely comes from large-scale, industrialized efforts.

Many, many people grind PvE just for the sake of accumulation alone.

3 Likes

I mean the point of pve is to do as little of it as humanly necessary, unless you enjoy it which is pretty hard when the content has not changed in many years.

If its cheaper for someone to pve in real life then buy a sub compared to spending more hours farming isk in-game then that is the better option although that starts tugging on the “WTF am I doing” psychological strings.

But op is way off, maybe 1 out of 20k players can make 2b/h most people sheep those anom’s with an ishtar at 60mil/h which is terrible -_- but w.e thats many many hours and at that point even working at macdonalds for half pay is going to be more efficient.

2 Likes

For some activities, a growing wallet balance is the most obvious score card.

I love industry. Buying materials someone else undervalues and turning them into products someone else overvalues to do high demand or limited supply.
It’s the satisfaction of “creating” something (yes pixels, I know) while at the same time winning market PvP on both ends of the process.
I find it enormously satisfying.
A growing wallet balance is the easiest way to benchmark success.

Aside from a nest egg tucked away to rebuild if wiped out, the ISK really has no meaning.

It gets used to collect BPO’s, nice ships or to yeet into low sec and get blown up in Gun PvP that I suck at but have a blast doing anyway.

Lots of people I have played with don’t understand why I enjoy this play style the same way I don’t understand why mission runners do what they do.

Aside from that, even my best success in manufacturing or trading wont generate ISK in the time frame the OP talks about. I also agree completely with @ResonanceOfWar , if you are grinding ISK just to plex your account, you would save yourself huge amounts of time and effort doing some grind in real life.

2 Likes

I wouldn’t call myself a ‘mission runner’ but I like to get into pretend mode where I’m needed by the empire to carry out dangerous missions that only I can return alive from, space James Bond ( lmao ) and I get into the lore and pretend that each agent that I contact are actually real people ( hahaaa!! ) and that the pirates I go against are real scumbags…
It takes me away from everyday life for a few hours. It’s not about the missions or rewards for me, it’s simply entertainment. I could just as well watch a movie but in a game I do participate, not just watch the action on screen.

8 Likes

hmm must be doing somthing wrong im only getting about 100mill per tick with a dread wich doesnt exactly make 2bill in an hour

It takes just 10 seconds by card though.

1 Like

The united standings improvement agency, we mainly do the missions to raise standings for those who need them for trading or anything else standings are needed.

Yeah, I’m going to need to hire you before too much longer to fix up a pair of new market alts

Its pretty hard when there is not much immersion going on. They would have to change character models to something like in new Unreal 5 metahuman, but also give it real face ai touchup, like here:

And then add some layer to make it much more believable with the walking in stations.

2 Likes

I agree that CCP doesn’t make it easy to get immersed and suspend reality for a while but with enough imagination it takes for me about as much effort as when I used to read comic books and that’s also a fun exercise in and of itself.
If all the artifices you mentioned were used in EVE then the immersion level would increase but would also dictate the process of suspension of reality and while that would be convenient for the players it would also prevent the fun of using one’s imagination.

People dont have the imagination. Thats why it have to be convenient, and why it have to be dictated how it looks. How often you were charmed by movie still itself? Now imagine that it moves, and you are already there, in first person. You are immersed. You have to work on peoples senses. Thats why games like Star Citizen have so much players and got so much money. Thats why first person shooters have big audience.

One of the ways people can be immersed is giving them role in fleet, interaction. If you would see the person you are in fleet, or in party, doing something, when you could do something with them even after fleet, then your immersion would be greater.

There is importance to show the world you are in, for immersion to take place, as your senses will be fed the information. Its better than imagination, the response is stronger.

2 Likes

The only senses used are Sight and Hearing. That’s all.
Touch is used for keyboard and mouse/controler.
Smell isn’t used at all… It’s kind of restrictive in terms of immersion and at least some imagination is needed for immersion.

I was only referring to myself in the post. But I don’t entirely disagree with your reply.