Its Own Thread

@Lyra_North-Onren Since you actually went through the trouble of explaining I don’t feel its right to not reply. Hopefully I’ll come off more civil sounding (ya, even I looking at it again think I went a little overboard, my apologies).

Do you turn your guns towards my kin? Then you are my enemy. Hate, love, irrelevant as my personal feelings and my kins’ safety are mutually exclusive. Other aspects of this I’ll get to a little further down.

To be honest, what you do or don’t think is not my problem nor concern. I do however wish from anyone regardless of of race that they follow their own path in life. Scriptures and some idolized belief system that diverts you from actually self determination I will speak out against, as I have many times before. It is not natural, nor beneficial to anyone aside from those who tend the flock. Do I need to remind you of our people and your adopted loyalties’ shared history? I shouldn’t, nor should either side wish to repeat the atrocities of the past. We will get nowhere retracing our steps.

According to the most recent demographic info I could find (( Eve Source P47, think that’s still considered most recent )) on the empire there are 214.491 Billion free Matari and 10.712 Trillion enslaved. Never mind that difference (which truly shows the empire’s ability to cultivate man to the faith over centuries worth of time), how many holders are of Matari Descent? You say I pulled out the one corporation with such a strict application requirement, yet from the outside looking in it looks like a reflection of Amarrian society. I see no Matari in any position of power (if power isnt a thing or a sin or what have you, its rather convenient those described as “lesser races” within the scriptures that guide you generally seem to not have that no matter how devote they are. Yes I am aware of the current Empress, I simply don’t see evidence of her people and my kin as being held at the same standards) Call that untrue if you will, but that’s what I see. If there is evidence to the contrary I actually would love to see it, I actually like being proven wrong as at least I learn something.

Na, I don’t dismiss people, only a fool does.

I’ll go one step further and say I don’t wish dark years in your life and am actually happy you have gotten over them.

Aside from the most recent events my corporation has never had SFRIM red, including even having them considered as non-engagable on fleets I’ve run in the past. They aren’t actually bad people, though with recent politics in mind we are at odds and I can not say the public policies of the organization itself are something i am a fan of.

The only thing I can say is did your god get you out of those dark times or did you? Did you cause those dark times or did the word of your god? You seem to put very little credit towards yourself, nothing makes you you. Your god may have created you but it also gave you free will. Why? So you can ignore what I would imagine would be its greatest gift of all and seek its guidance through life or to use that gift and carve your own path through life? It seems odd to give the gift of free will and expect it to not be used, why give it in the first place, ya know?

1 Like