January 2018 Release - General Feedback

Blargh. War target stars flashing. Is there a way to turn this off?

1 Like

The pirate epic arcs can be started from more than one agent. The Agency thing does not seem to know this.

6 Likes

Hello!
So I’m going to try to take a different approach on the Agency and bust out my tinfoil hat along with some crazy speculation… But, first I have patched, read the notes and logged into New Eden.

• The removing of the chat bubble for opening the chat window along with the new way of adding tabs to the chat window is both cool and annoying. I find it annoy as there isn’t much in the way of documentation on it. I didn’t even now of the change (probably skimmed the patch notes to fast) until I read Rivr Luzade’s comment. This change is a lot like the Probe/Dscan window change in which people did not know they could unattached the map from the windows. I believe that it would be best if the + for adding a new chat window was there without first having to click in the top of the chat window bar.

• The Agency I still find to be very bloated when it comes to icons and window size. It doesn’t stack. As I am no longer in HS, testing it out for agents isn’t so great for me, but it does seem to be much more responsive with looking at combat sites… As many others have already stated, some of the features that where once in the agent finder are no longer available with the agency window, which is sad but there is probably a point that CCP is not open to discussion yet.
    – This is where I’m going to get all Tin Foil Hat. It has been hinted and talked about by CCP over the years that they are working on revamping the PVE experience for New Eden. It now makes me wonder if The Agency window is the first step to a much more dynamic and living system. Soon™ we won’t worry about docking up to talk to our favorite agent, we will just warp around the system(s) in which we wish to run missions and The Agency window will populate missions for us. This is a system I (and I know others have talked about) would get people into space and keep them in space longer. as I said, a much more living system. A dynamic world where we no longer worry about accepting, delaying, or quitting missions, instead we surround ourselves in the blessed destruction of pixels (be it NPCs or our own ships)
    – The fact that R&D agents are not part of the Agency is probably tied into Upwell 2.0, as originally it was discussed by CCP that datacores would be farmed from a research station players owned. Recalling that original information and the recent exclusion leads to my speculation.

Now I would like to ask for a name change of The Agency - I just don’t like it, it doesn’t feel like it fits well with New Eden. I would like to suggest Capsular Data Nexus (The Nexus for short), and instead of some random made up faction that we still don’t know anything about, please make it run by the SOCT. It would fit in well as a feature from SOCT as they could be using their JOVE inheritance to connect all information from each faction into a single Nexus for the capsulars to consume.

Thank you for reading.
TheGream

5 Likes

Features I found that have been removed from game due to agent finder moving to agency

• Inability to search for agents remotely (you can only see nearby).
  • Inability to filter agents by security status
  • Inability to locate R&D Agents (this may be a bug however per Help channel). Updated
  • Inability to search Agents with multiple of the same filters (i.e. Searching for level 3 agents, that are also locater agent, that you have available to you).
  • Missing agents (I’m assuming some agents just were not imported).
  • Inability to view more than 12 agents (Agent Finder had multiple pages).

will add as more are found.

15 Likes

Please revamp character sheet and skill queue. Why on earth would we players want dozens of 0m icons to be displayed for V skills? Why do I now have to drag skills to queue to see how much time it takes for them to train above the next immediate level? These changes brought no improvements. The first provides zero information while being distractful in nature and the second forces the player to make an unnecessary move. Both are detrimental to the UI.

12 Likes

This patch is a buggy mess that removes core functions. Every minor UI change is bad. It’s honestly impressive.

9 Likes

You cannot even do that, search nearby I mean. I am close to 2 locator agents (less than 4 jumps away), which are not shown in the Agency window, but I see some locators in low sec 10 jumps away.

1 Like

quick question - are those locate agents also R&D agents? As that is a possible bug that was brought up in help chat. (R&D agents don’t show up at all).

1 Like

CCPlease remove chat icon. Useless and really annoying

12 Likes

No, they are distribution agents, and the filter is set to “any agent”.

So, you just locked me out from all my escalations for the day. Good job. Now I have no reason to log in. When you get rid of this agency garbage or add an escalation tab I’ll be back, otherwise gl with destroying your own game by making it unplayable.

7 Likes

FOB miner fleets are now red regardless of standings (1.66 positive after skills). Miners will warp out and call reinforcements (that will atack) right after you land at the belt, even without shooting miner or hauler.

Is that intended new mechanic?

3 Likes

looks like there are some agents that were not imported. To the list!

2 Likes

The Pirate FOB mining fleets will now accurately show their hostility to you, if they will attack or flee on sight. Before they used to show up as light or dark blue depending on standings even if they choose to attack you.

You must have higher standings than 1.66 with the pirates to not be seen as a threat when it comes to FOB systems. They will take into account the lowest standings against their faction also (even if you are 1.66 with them, if your corporation is -6 they will use this standing.)

2 Likes

I was told in the Help channel to put my feedback here:

Regarding the now-removed Agent Finder and its replacement. Now it will only return a maximum of 12 results. It is not to my benefit that I am provided with less information than previously. When I select ‘Any’ I want to see all agents just like before.

Also, this might seem trivial but I would also like to see the agent portraits returned. Having a list of ‘Security Agent’ with their name in smaller font underneath is not better than being able to see their portrait like before. It makes the game feel less immersive.

8 Likes

That makes sense now. It was always awkward that hostile FOB miners were just peacefully mining next to others.

Don’t envy player miners now though :wink:

I have not encountered one yet since patch: If the attack ships, like Blood Raider Punishers on a gate, show white, will they attack me?

They show red.

Edit in response: We were talking FOB mining fleets in asteroid belts and to me they showed red. Haven’t seen patrol yet but they should, to my understanding, also be red.

Oh dear. I’ve yet to log in to experience this… Interesting update.

I wonder if CCP enjoying the flaming these days. Seems to be an absolute farce of a release… What the hell is going on.

I mean multiple times its been said about the limited shown agents for example and to my knowledge CCP have not even commented on it in any way at all

7 Likes

Realize that the agency is an attempt to make the game easier and more attractive to Alphas. However, it is a total disaster for Omegas. The loss of the the agent finder and the Journal have eliminated vital info. They need to be returned to the game.

6 Likes