January 2018 Release - General Feedback

How is hiding agents and making the search for agents making the game easier for Alphas? :thinking:

8 Likes

Reduces the games complexity. Less they have to look for as they spend real money for ships and flashy mods. I would guess that most alphas are not in the game to develop in game sources of income… aside from combat loot. Doubt also that the complexity of the game us what draws most Alphas… in fact it’s likely what causes them to leave and find an easier game.

1 Like

That is probably the intent (tin foil hat) but removing working functionalities won’t make the game easier …

1 Like

I do have to wonder what actually gets tested on the test server(s) if something as badly broken as this makes to full release

3 Likes

Think back to what it was like when you started Eve. Now consider all the career handholding CCP has set up along with a window that provides immediate access to content (without having to fly from system to system to find something to do.)

They always did. Open the overview settings (on the right) outside of any structure in space and choose “appearance”.

Remove the chat bubble feature mother of god… it obscures people’s names in corp chat. Just remove it completely nobody needs this. Please show the number of players complaining that right click -> start conversation was too laborious. Many people gave you feeback on this on sisi but again you didnt listen.

Not only was the agent finder FASTER than the agency, it did not give me FPS DROP when using the filters, and i could actually select agent types. Do the new devs even play EVE? Stop replacing working features with broken ass pretty things. Maybe consider things that are suggested by your playerbase?

16 Likes

REPLYING TO THIS THREAD GIVING “FEEDBACK” IS POINTLESS.

FEEDBACK HAS BEEN GIVEN FOR LITERALLY MONTHS IN OFFICAL AND NON THREADS HERE AND REDDIT
ABOUT
AGENT FINDER
AGENCY
CHAT BUBBLES.

THEY HEAR US.
THEY DONT CARE.
THIS IS FUTILE

10 Likes

Those were best and most interesting days in my EvE life. Now with everything provided to you on a plate* you barely have to move.

*except what you actually are after

3 Likes

The new dark blue NPC/sentry gun color is also making me think there’s blue (free to loot/tractor) wrecks around on gates all the time…

2 Likes

We are legion, shout loud enough and they will hear.

I wont sit by the sidelines and watch others in the community complain and not support them by stating my shared opinions.

Yes you can. Look at the top last right filter thingy.

I’ll have to second the complaint. Dark blue is too vibrant on main screen but somehow fades to hardly visible on overview. There was nothing wrong with old color, why suddenly change it?

3 Likes

that is mission level not security status (hi sec low sec null sec etc)

1 Like

Thank you for this feedback, this is a case we did not discuss (the deep blue is chosen due to the colortags for standings (Deep blue = Excellent Standings).

2 Likes

You can turn it off while docked as well. Alt-O to open overview settings at any time, works while docked or undocked.

You’re welcome! Gotcha. Yeah, there’s only so many colors, eh?

If NPCs are going to be red/orange-yellow/white/light blue/dark blue, then yeah… wrecks will definitely need to be changed from the current white/dark blue/yellow triad to some new coding system, then.

That’s what I thought. and it makes sense on first thought but do we really need that on the screen? Red/white/blue would be enough I think. Would do the job without overcomplicating UI even further.

This is all the color we now use. Red, White, Blue. There also used to be orange and light blue.

The colorblind mode in the EVE client will also affect this blue color and we chose it to keep consistent.

If you have any screenshots where you believe it’s not clear, or the visibility is not as you expect please link them here so we can see what it looks like in the context of your interface.

2 Likes

That!

I loved exploring new solar systems when I started. And I do remember not being able to warp to 0, no heat, no overpowered t3, reasonable ship price tags, so you would be able to replace losses very quickly, even “evil” pirates very nice and (this is not a joke) people talking (!!!) in local - yes in every system and even 0-sec - giving you advice.

I miss those days.

3 Likes