JihadSwarm Declares WAR on Molea

First of all, I want to explicitly and unambiguously declare my position: I think desecrating a graveyard dedicated to players who died IRL is pretty reprehensible.

Having said that… such desecration is totally in the spirit of EVE just as is suicide ganking newbs in hisec or CCP implementing “no asset safety” without a grandfathering mechanic to structures in k-space after promising asset safety or hunting players to the edge of New Eden (cough cough). If the mechanic exists by which something can be exploited, it will and probably should be exploited regardless of its intent.

I suspect the reason why CCP did not give the memorial special facilities such as view-only/deposit-only hangar for corpses, etc, is so that they could preserve existing behavior (ie. desecration would continue to be a thing) as they progress with their removal of old-style CT “stick” POSes. If you have a problem with desecration, don’t get mad at Aiko, get mad at CCP - they had the opportunity to eliminate this player dynamic but they chose to preserve it.

2 Likes