JihadSwarm Declares WAR on Molea

I would wholeheartedly support that decision, but I also recognize that just wouldn’t be feasible for some people and that Molea is the next best thing they have.

This, right here? This is brilliant. It would be a perfect way to honor deceased players without creating a mechanic that could be exploited.

You make an excellent point, and I agree with you that anyone with that type of heart condition really shouldn’t be playing EvE. There also exists the possibility those players were lying to you, and I wouldn’t think less of you or any other player that just didn’t believe them.

To clarify my words, ‘crossing the line’ was referring to actions committed for the purpose of hurting or upsetting another player, with little to no appreciable benefit for the player(s) committing the action.

Your actions wouldn’t qualify because you were after a ransom target, and upon being informed that another player had a heart condition showed more concern for their wellbeing than their corp-mates by urging them to find a game with less chance of causing a fatal heart attack.

Hell Dawn’s actions qualify because the Kairos Initiative’s players asked them to hold off attacking for just fifteen minutes while they anchored binette’s can, Hell Dawn agreed, then reneged on the agreement and specifically targeted the funeral ship to steal the dead player’s ‘coffin’ in what I can only see as an act of pure malice on their part.

Aiko went on to say that the death of binette’s player is irrelevant to her; what’s really important was that his character’s pod was killed after going AFK, and declared that this >3-year-old ‘sin’ against her precious, precious code meant she wouldn’t ‘permit’ binette to be interred in Molea’s cemetery. If that’s not a crass and malicious leap across the line separating gameplay and real-life then I don’t know what is.

Hell Dawn could have let the Kairos players have their fifteen minutes, or just disbelieved their claims and attacked immediately. Aiko could have played the role of the gracious “CODE. Space Princess” and treated the death of a fellow human being as the sorrowful occasion it is, forgiving whatever ‘sins’ binette committed and wishing him a peaceful rest. Or at least kept her proverbial mouth shut.

2 Likes