Jita Supernova

It’s time.

Jita is making the whole donut sag on one side.

Give some warning on billboards so non-idiots can pull their stuff.

Then boom, everything is destroyed, logged in or not :rofl:

The ripples from this would provide downstream player created content for a long time as trade readjusts!

2 Likes

That would just cause a whole lot of people to quit. There is so much stuff in Jita you would need months of 24/7 freighters to move it all. Literally.
Also then the next trade hub (Amarr) would just take over and become the new Jita.

You can’t just destroy it without changing the systems which made it become what it is in the first place, CCP already tried doing that once by destroying the gate connections that made Yulai the super hub, and look, Jita became the super hub instead, it took a little longer, but one hub will always win out in the end with the way travel and shipping works in the game at present.

1 Like

Really Amarr? :roll_eyes:

It’s the next biggest trade hub from what I remember by quite a margin. (Ignoring Delve, Delve doesn’t count :P)

Jita is an example of emergent game play why would we want to kill it. I don’t find being big very persuasive.

It is fair to say that Jita being so big strangles a lot of possible content that a bunch of smaller market hubs would do, as it allows a few megawealthy traders to strangle entire areas of trade. One could call that emergent, but there is a reason we have massive areas of law relating to anti competitive monopolies in real life.

However… killing Jita would be pointless without addressing the issues that cause it to be so efficient. And addressing those issues would probably naturally reduce Jita over time without needing any special intervention anyway.

1 Like

I don’t think so. Jita is not big simply because simply because of those reasons. For one just look at it’s location. Not sure the Devs had this in mind, but undocking form 4-4 in a JF how many other regions can you jump too? Look at surrounding systems? Or even Amarr. Is it comparable?

I could be considered emergent, but it is also something that is not likely to be sustainable, it hinges on the assumption that these mega traders are always there to strangle other trade areas. And monopolies, aside from some sort of State backed coercion rarely last.

So Perimeter next door becomes the new Jita? :joy:

Why would you want to destroy Jita anyway? You’ve accepted one of those scam contracts and now seek revenge? :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

2 Likes

They don’t have to last forever though. they just have to last enough years to strangle the trade side of the game.
Now I’m not disagreeing on the reasons that Jita became big. Both current and historical. Some of the reasons why the game favours one large trade hub are exactly some of this stuff like transport.

1 Like

Is this just another topic of a lazy person who cannot be bothered with doing something on their own to make Jita less relevant, namely stock structures outside of Jita?

It’s a Salt Foam topic, so, yes, it is.

Your display of laziness and incompetence aside: No one needs a spreadout market. People want to buy things in one place so that they can battle players, not battle boredom and frustration through having to go to a multitude of structures to get all the things they want and sell all the things they want. The low interest in structures around Jita shows this. The massive market in 1DQ in Delve shows this as well. The reigning dominance or Amarr over Ashab shows.
Hence: Your suggestions is not only rubbish, it is also nothing the vast majority of the community desires. Moreover, smaller markets in content areas already exist for things that people need immediately. And guess where they source their materials. Correct, from the big hubs and Jita most importantly.

2 Likes

Quite likely. Perimeter is second to Jita in terms of location to other regions in terms of JF, not quite as good, but if Jita is rendered a dead system with no more stations…then Perimeter is could very well be.

From Jita you can reach to following,

The Forge
The Citadel
Lonetrek
Sinq Laison
Black Rise
Metropolis
Vale of the Silent
Essence
Geminate
Tribute

And 157 systems.

From Perimeter you can reach,

The Forge
The Citadel
Lonetrek
Sinq Laison
Black Rise
Metropolis
Vale of the Silent
Essence
Verge Vendor

and 122 systems.

They could simply adjust space lanes in a different way.

I’m not the topic.

Well first off the “emergent gamers” in Jita would not be dissuaded by a supernova, they are way more resilient than that.

I think Jita is affecting a lot more than markets. For example, the long standing trade routes are so well known you don’t even have to look for freighters to gank, everyone knows where they are going and what route they must take.

I think it has a negative effect on new players who roll Caldari and to a lesser extent Gallente. The systems are so crowded all kinds of issues that are normal for experienced players become conflicts for new players.

Regarding all the stuff in Jita, we give people warning, they move out, the rest of the stuff is gone and so what? It is not like an economic purge would be a bad thing for EVE anyway :slight_smile:

1 Like

Gamers are not emergent, the process of gamers interacting is what can give rise to emergence.

And you think removing Jita will change this? Why? Do you think lots of smaller hubs will form? Why?

Do you know why prices in Jita are not always the best price on the market?

Do new players start out in Jita? And what is a normal experience that become conflicts in Jita?

Sorry, I’m an American, English is my second language :wink:

1 Like

Imagine the destruction? :skull_and_crossbones:

Like the baby turtles trying to make it to the sea :rofl:

Destruction for the sake of destruction is bad. The whole point of Eve is that it is possible to build if you want. If that building gets magically taken away just for some explosion lols people have no confidence in any building.

1 Like

You never really could trust those Caldari.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder!

1 Like

Obviously meaning ccp magically changing things like that. Not player wars blowing stuff up