July 2018 Release - Known Issues

So local is broken and there is no mention to it either in the list of known issues or the patch notes?

LOL, OK, time to go do something else, not gonna even bother to log in. Well done CCP, way to go…

1 Like

I borded a carrier I haven’t used since 1 day before patch all it’s fighters loaded in launch tubes are gone.How did you guys manage to do this?

Hello, I don’t know if I am the only one that is getting very trash loot from tier 4 abyssal fillaments.
They changed so they wont spawn empty cans, but a 8-12 Triglavian survey worth 1 million still counts as nothing, or even death if you are short on time.
I feel that the number of low numbers Survey cashes worth up to 3-5 mil are now around 70%-80% of my tier 4 abyssals.
Until now we had empty cans, but the ones that were spawning contained real loot…at least in tier 4’s.
In my case I feel a decrease in over 50% of the isk I make running tier 4’s.
And last, reducing the spawn rate of fillaments makes runs unsustainable besides unprofitable. I made 10+ tier 4’s in a go and not a single T4 dropped again.
Now you have the chance to risk a few billions in a tier 4 only by buying a T4 fillament that are 10 mil+ and end up with under 20-25 mil average loot/site.
I’m curious if this a widespread effect or if it’s just bad luck for me.

1 Like

The Fitting Window has a noticeable lag after the button press before it opens, both for simulation and normal fitting and it does not matter how often you open it. During the lag the came also freezes.

that was somewhere mentioned that you had to reload the launchers afterr that patch
i had that to and the fighters were in my hangar so was no real biggy just had to put em back in

Listen CCP, we need more people encouraged to run T4/T5 not less.

1 Like

Probably just bad luck.

And while it does suck to just get the red loot… better red loot than empty wreck, I would think. I’ve done over 200 abyssal sites (just t1/t2/t3 myself) and had only 2 sites with 3 empty wrecks. Not a high %age, but very frustrating, since you just spent 8 to 16 minutes only to waste ammo and risk death for nothing.

Even the ones with 2 empty wrecks and 1 good wreck are at least SOMEthing. So if they’ve fixed the “can be 3 empty wrecks in the 3 rooms of an abyssal site”, I’ll be very happy. Haven’t had a chance to run any sites since the update because I’ve been grinding the new event.

The “new and improved chat system” is a disaster. Corpmates that logged off 30 mins ago still show up in local. Not to mention reds that appear to be permacamping in local, but actually could be already in the other side of new eden.

Funniest part is that i see no mention of this from any dev. Do they even read our posts?

Lately I have been warping to a gate and coming our of warp in the next system. :slight_smile:

Sitting in station in Stacmon. Local chat keeps flipping back and forth between Stacmon and Niyabainen, and only showing a small number of names in local (nobody that I can see in station lists).

How the ■■■■ is this still a problem?
Furthermore, WHEN ARE YOU GOING TO ACKNOWLEDGE IT?

1 Like

EBR-155755

I randomly keep getting player ships and npcs ‘stuck’ to my overview after warping to a new grid

Does tapping CTRL do anything? When that’s happened in the past (ghost/doppelganger contacts) it was because the CTRL function to lock the overview would get stuck preventing expired contacts from being removed like they should be. Tapping CTRL a couple times would fix that.

Its because of this:

Running text chat as a standalone service with an industry standard protocol opens up new future of possibilities.

“possibilities” :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

A small issue compared to some of the ones mentioned above, but an issue nevertheless.

When a ship was entering warp, the speed bar at the bottom would start from 0 and quickly fill up, to demonstrate that the ship was about to go really really fast now. This little animation was removed with the July 2018 release; now the speed bar remains where it was (at about the 75% mark) and suddenly quickly fills out from there. There is no mention of this change in the patch notes (as usual).

This is a textbook example of a “needless change”. This small UI animation was the first, best way for a player to know that the ship had successfully entered warp, and now it’s gone with no explanation.

PUT IT BACK.

1 Like

Defect Fixes:
Gameplay:
Fixed the event site description to properly mention that players need a Data Analyzer.
Graphics:
Corrected the faction logo displayed on Triglavian ships using the Victory SKIN.
Fixed the colour of the vents around the VFX orbs on the Triglavian ships with the Victory SKIN.

I don’t see a fix for the chat system in here.
I’ll keep making these posts until I do.

the problem with that is there to many posts to many ppl posting in them there is no way they can keep up with the speed of over 250k ppl posting
best thing ppl can do when local is bugged or ppl keep showing up for 30 minutes after they logged is to make a bug report
(not suppose to say it but when mroe than 1 make a bugreport of thesame it will be handled faster)
as long as it is a legit not spammed bugreport

Bwahahahahahhahaahaha!

The BS can get stuck on the structures and therefore can take a long time to warp out.

Does the server crashing count as a known issue? :wink:
Good luck working it out, we’ll be here, don’t worry :relieved:

2 Likes