July Release - Strategic Cruisers

But, yeah, I feel you. Me, at least, wanna fly T2 cruisers, but put an effort into skilling T3C into V. If I cannot use them in WH, then they are pointless for me now ;(

2 Likes

I don’t mind in the long run, because it is just a game, which, at some point in my life, I will stop playing. Just hoping that I will be able to find a way to use my Legion with any chance of success without being over-protective in fear of losing one of the skill levels.

Exactly. If CCP was to refund SP from T3 changes, questions would be asked if CCP will refund SP from the jump drive changes. T3 SP is minuscule when compared to capitals, supers, and titans.

I mean that’s also a decent point, but I wasn’t even talking about the wider implications, I was saying that building an in game system that presents a question about sp reimbursement, then creates a dynamic SP reimbursement based on who says yes, is a huuuuuuge task.

The bottom line is, as always, that the only constant in life is change.

I’m disappointed to hear that people have gone from loving Tech 3s to thinking they are literally the worst thing ever.

Hopefully time will tell whether this is born out in the numbers of people flying and dying in them. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

As a point of reference, people initially hated skill injectors and were going to quit the game because of them. I can’t think of one person that actually did that (not saying there aren’t, just that I have no empirical evidence of it), or even still complains about them to this day.

1 Like

wouldnt be so bad if sp loss was removed
at least we could take them out and smash them up for fun
they were always risky to pvp in
now its not even a consideration for me

1 Like

There’s likely some accuracy in this for sure, though I would never want to assume. As I say above, as always we’ll be monitoring the actually usage for these ships and reacting accordingly if they don’t end up in a position we are happy with.

Lebowski Its not that thay are the worst thing ever. Its just a small bunch of us used them in a niche role. As a hunter killer for solo black ops and bombers bar in my case.

You have taken our only effective hunter ship away from us. What can we do??? You are just making ratters safer. I trained 3 accounts to be able to run Bombers bar a NPSI community that allows

We needed a nullified ship that could burn to a target system quickly and maybe hold tank vs a carrier fighter volley for 20 seconds to light a cyno and get a fleet on field.

1 Like

And what position that would be? I mean, I have read through this entire topic, took me couple of hours and the only thing I got out of it that people are not entirely sure what T3Cs are, exactly? So, maybe a word from CCP would be helpful: What is your idea behind T3C at this very moment, after the changes? Thanks :wink:

1 Like

[quote=“CCP_Lebowski, post:638, topic:8414, full:true”]Hopefully time will tell whether this is born out in the numbers of people flying and dying in them. :stuck_out_tongue:
[/quote]

Extremely unlikely.

Especially if your purpose was to replace them in NS fleets with HACs.

You basically killed T3Cs for PvE.

3 Likes

Tech 3 cruisers are intended to be extremely flexible cruisers that gain a lot of their attractiveness from unique T3 features such as subsystem swapping, unique role combos (such as nullification+cloaking) and overheating bonuses. Their base stats should be moderate to high relative to other cruisers with stats such as raw HP, sig, speed and agility placing them on the “heavier” end of the cruiser spectrum, somewhat in between the average cruiser and the average battlecruiser. Their overall costs should also be towards the highest end of the cruiser spectrum, when combining the construction costs and the SP loss on destruction.

3 Likes

thats way beyond the highest end of the spectrum
the sp cost is 375m isk alone
way more than any non-exclusive cruiser hull

1 Like

with all costs you mentioned price will be at faction BS level with my current SPs. So good luck with highest end of cruiser spectrum…

Also disconnect hacking bonunes from covert sub. You’ve gave us no options how to tank our exploration fits.

1 Like

i no longer have a covert sub , seems it was converted to accelerated ejection bay , which i ended up w/ 3 … and the covert subs going 250m + in jita atm . there was an old covert sub, there’s a new covert sub, what’s closer to a covert sub , than a covert sub …? edit *had to buy one off market …not going to petition but it’s not very good if you removed from game all unfitted covop subs … ;p

1 Like

Pretty sure the hope is that between the constriction in the Pirate BS supply and these nerfs we’ll start to see some other hulls come out of the tiny little boxes they’ve been stuffed into so they can stretch their legs a bit.

If you’re “not into Cruisers” but you liked the old T3Cs I don’t have a huge ton of sympathy for you. It’s pretty hard to read that as anything other than chasing what’s OP and not much else. If you’re doing that you know it’s gonna get nerfed sooner or later so you should be willing to eat the SP investment when that happens.

1 Like

Have you actually tested this? Because from the tests and fits I’m seeing floating around they can still run 10/10s on the Test Server.

[quote=“Cade_Windstalker, post:649, topic:8414”]
Pretty sure the hope is that between the constriction in the Pirate BS supply and these nerfs we’ll start to see some other hulls come out of the tiny little boxes they’ve been stuffed into so they can stretch their legs a bit.
[/quote]wont happen ccp already rose the bar too high when they rebalanced the pirate bses
they basically undid all their work on the tiericide up to that point

[quote=“Cade_Windstalker, post:649, topic:8414”]
If you’re “not into Cruisers” but you liked the old T3Cs I don’t have a huge ton of sympathy for you. It’s pretty hard to read that as anything other than chasing what’s OP and not much else.
[/quote]you dont know my reasons for training a proteus
it wasnt because theyre op its because i could do pve in them and also play in my prefered pvp style of cloaky brawling
originally i was going to train a pilgrim for pvp and a macharial for pve
then i realised proteus could do both the tasks even if it meant losing neuts in pvp and suboptimal for pve
it was a sensible option for me to take a ship that could do both things
it was a compromise in fact and not my ideal choice
now it can do neither and im stuck having to train a macharial and a pilgrim so i can play the way i want to
which i should have done to begin with

1 Like

The SP investment to train from T2C to T3C’s is very little. The subsystem skills are 1x skills - very fast to train. The strategic cruiser skill is a 5x, with its bonus only applying to overheat (before the changes).

1 Like

Thanks. The reply I was looking for. Now, all I have to do is coming up with a fit for my Legion.