July Release - Strategic Cruisers

The Vexor not simply has too many hard points but they even animated just to make it even more obvious that you have empty space.
Also, the Nightfire skin of the Tengu is almost identical to the Exoplanets skin, yet the former somehow looks infinitely better. How do you do this?

I believe that would be working as intended then.

What your demios can not do however is fit a cov opps cloak and casually swim through null/WH bubbles.

I did a drone site last night on the test server, just toā€¦ umā€¦ testā€¦

Outgrowth Rogue Drone Hive, 20k less ehp than pre change fit, sig like a small yet obese whale, still did it without issues. Took a bit more dmg at times but tank still held. No DCU, one med rep.

Donā€™t take it from me, some great advice from Confucius and bend like a duck in the rain man.

:parrotdad:

Thatā€™s what they want, below HACs.

in the trash it goes
bye bye prote

So better ask a mere dozen nobodies only after their own interests? What a home run fam, what a home run.

So that itā€™s huh? Because ā€œb-b-b-but muh hac metaā€? Meta is just a poor excuse trying to make others confrom to a mold cause one is too stupid or incompetent to overcome oneself.

At least for Null this isnā€™t true. The problem with using Pirate Battleships in Null fleet fights has always been supply, not cost. These sorts of fleets have been viable for years, they just havenā€™t been used because every time someoneā€™s tried to make an actual doctrine out of something like this itā€™s run into a massive supply problem.

If you physically canā€™t lay hands on enough hulls to supply your doctrine then you pretty much just lose.

Iā€™m going to suggest that you do some tests on the test server before jumping to this conclusion, since Iā€™m still finding viable PvE fits (depending on what type of PvE youā€™re talking about results may vary) and the cloaky-brawling setup has, if anything, gotten a net buff out of all this.

In other words test things yourself before listening to the whining and extracting something you havenā€™t even checked for viability.

Why did not you give the rigs I already had so I could get the boat back, as I was, I have to buy rigs

Most of that year was hiatus. If you check the dates on the restart of the focus group it ran about 2 months vs this oneā€™s 1.5 months. Also this one seems to have been significantly more active than the T3D focus group was.

Complaining that something got nerfed because it was overly dominant is a poor excuse for adapting to changes in game balance.

There was no reason to use a HAC over a T3C before this change. That has nothing to do with people wanting the HAC meta back, it has to do with people wanting a reason to use a ship they otherwise quite like and have attachment to.

deimos outperforms in missions
not sure how you figure cloaky has been buffed
its lost nearly half its ehp with a buffer fit

maybe in 2012
meta changed a lot since then
shame the vets never caught up and kept repeating same crap like a broken record
because it was true back then must still be true now

and is there a reason to now

Splendid retrofit; best Tengu-class iteration yet!

:smiley::thumbsup:

Despite some new limitations (e.g. fitting options), the retrofit has opened up new mission profiles previously unfeasible for the class - finally a Caldari answer to the SOE line of starships.

(ā€¦ figured some positive feedback was called for. Too many petulant inflexible players, undoubtedly taxing the developersā€™ moraleā€¦ )

And last I checked gained more than double the DPS of most old fits. If youā€™re in a buffer race with someone and you got a x2 to DPS in exchange for a roughly x2/3 to EHP then youā€™re going to win that buffer tank race harder now than you did before.

Same goes for if youā€™re local rep tanked and trying to break his tank before he breaks yours.

As for missions I really donā€™t know what specifically youā€™re complaining about here since I donā€™t know what missions youā€™re doing and what about the Deimos youā€™re declaring better. The Proteus has worse resists now but a better local rep bonus as well as the same damage and falloff but with the addition of a tracking bonus as well as an extra turret which means it has 20% more DPS than a Deimos. Thatā€™s without factoring in the other two subsystems as well.

If youā€™re not able to use it for missions then youā€™re probably trying to use it like the old Proteus or a Deimos as opposed to playing to the strengths of the hull as it is now.

If you post a fit over in the PvE forums or the Fitting and Modules Iā€™m betting the hive mind can figure something out, because just looking at the stats Iā€™m pretty sure you can make this thing do L4s with a little bling and a little creativity.

It really was. There were plenty of discussions about this, plenty of theory crafting, and plenty of people who tried to make HACs work. They only thing Iā€™ve seen that maybe sorta worked was ā€œless intimidating T3Cs for getting fights when no one will fight our T3Csā€.

If you donā€™t believe me take a look at the zKill stats just as a bellwether. The T3Cs have stayed plenty dominant. If anything they were less of a problem in 2012 because they were more expensive and hadnā€™t exploded in popularity yet.

More of one than there was 12 hours ago, certainly.

um whatā€¦ it gained like 200dps overheated for 2 minutes
in exchange for 60k ehp
thats like trying to kill a bs with a rifter

why would you go local rep youll be dead in one minute

[quote=ā€œCade_Windstalker, post:687, topic:8414ā€]
The Proteus has worse resists now but a better local rep bonus as well as the same damage and falloff but with the addition of a tracking bonus as well as an extra turret which means it has 20% more DPS than a Deimos. Thatā€™s without factoring in the other two subsystems as well.
[/quote] nope deimos has better tank
way faster
smaller
better sig res
better targeting

proteus has faster align
faster warp
not much more dps like 25 dps more

but when it comes down to it
it still costs more and has the sp loss
i guess if youre blitzing you might like the warp times ill admit thats very nice
but its really the only thing that makes it stand out

So I see you like to be on the wrong side. The community as a whole seeā€™s this as a problem. And yes a properly click warp cloak is near impossible to interrupt without user error on the other side. There is no reliably repeatable way to counter them period. 400 man fleet sitting on gates with a full assortment of weapons and ships doesnā€™t even attempt to catch them because the likelihood is so incredibly low.

You can disagree if you want but itā€™s factually correct.

So ā€¦ @CCP_Lebowski July 11th post downtimeā€¦ now that you canā€™t put the %%it back into the horseā€¦

What is the real reason for the 4 sub systems? Did you need to peal off a sub system to make skinning work or did the art team not have enough resources and man power to do 5 sub systems plus come up with skins?

It in no longer correct. If you canā€™t decloak a nullified t3 in 9 seconds, you donā€™t deserve the kill

@CCP_Fozzie, are you considering allowing Tech 3 cruisers to refit and swap subs without a mobile depot?